+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

Re: 10/8 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

It was okay. I liked the checked floor.

But, check this out, folks. (police and FBI . . .really?)

Sarah Palin Slams Daughter Bristol Palin’s ‘Haters’ - ABC News

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

I wouldn't blame Bristol if she quit, either. Or if she and Mark tried to throw the competition. But even if they threw it, they can't stop people from voting. I've seen comments elsewhere tonight where people felt sorry for him/her/both. A part of me thinks Bristol thought this would be like any other season of DWTS: that while she'd have Gilles, Apolo, Shawn, Sabrina to compete again, she might also have had Kate, Carson, one of the Kardashians...people who were horrible dancers and just as controversial, if not more so, than her. She just sticks out like a sore thumb with her dancing and star status. But, she knew what she was getting into when she signed up a second time. She obviously didn't expect things to change. Mark is different, and I don't know if it's just the competitive side wanted Shawn or Sabrina, or if he just knows Bristol can't dance, will always be bottom of the leaderboard, and all the backlash and controversy that she'll be bringing.
    ness and I'm here like this.

I felt very sorry for both of them. Trying to understand what it must feel like to be THEM? One could see the pain that Bristol is feeling. Its NEVER a good feeling when one feels they aren't wanted. Regardless if its a dance partner. While Mark might not be trying to make Bristol feel unwanted... she is sensing it. Her feelings are real and they are hers!

She isn't the best dancer... and she definitely isn't the worst dancer. I actually thought she did well last night. I liked the chess floor!
    sunshine3331 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Bristol knew what happened the first time she was on. She kept moving up while there was LOTS of talk sbout her popularity beling political. Evidently, she did it for the money and there is nothing wrong with that....but don't start looking for the sympathy vote too
    karalott, ness, Shoepie and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I felt very sorry for both of them. Trying to understand what it must feel like to be THEM? One could see the pain that Bristol is feeling. Its NEVER a good feeling when one feels they aren't wanted. Regardless if its a dance partner. While Mark might not be trying to make Bristol feel unwanted... she is sensing it. Her feelings are real and they are hers!

She isn't the best dancer... and she definitely isn't the worst dancer. I actually thought she did well last night. I liked the chess floor!
    She did better last night than last week. Who is the worst then? Kirstie? I really dont know why either of them were asked back, except to keep people talking.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

What we saw in rehearsals between Mark and Bristol was just strange. Mark said he shouldn't have been late to rehearsal. Bristol said he didn't come to rehearsal. Did Mark really just not show up...and not tell anyone (including Bristol) that he wasn't coming that day? It felt like there was lots we didn't see. During the live show they seemed to be trying to put on a good front (at least Mark was trying hard to talk up his support of Bristol) but there was clearly tension between them. The judges seemed to be overly nice, walking on eggshells a bit, trying to hold things together.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    What we saw in rehearsals between Mark and Bristol was just strange. Mark said he shouldn't have been late to rehearsal. Bristol said he didn't come to rehearsal. Did Mark really just not show up...and not tell anyone (including Bristol) that he wasn't coming that day? It felt like there was lots we didn't see. During the live show they seemed to be trying to put on a good front (at least Mark was trying hard to talk up his support of Bristol) but there was clearly tension between them. The judges seemed to be overly nice, walking on eggshells a bit, trying to hold things together.
    She is his partner, so he should of shown up. There was more to all that, and why release this now? this show ticks me off sometimes. There is no need for the sympathy vote, if that's what they were going for. It was on-line 4 /5 hours before the show. I don't get it. But DWTS or ABC don't do anything without knowing why they are doing it. She is way out of her league, so if she is there for controversy, maybe they should let her go now. I dont think Mark would mind all that much, OTOH I don't know if this little scene wasn't simply manufactured, look how the camera was just there. No, can we have a private moment please?

She isn't the first one to walk out. Some others have done it.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

I think its disgusting if he just didn't show up for their rehearsal. You don't do that to someone.

Something doesn't smell right about that whole scene, since they deliberately didn't fill in the gaps about what happened to Mark that he didn't show up for a rehearsal. It seems odd that they would shame him in public like that but not explain why.

Not that I mind, I can't stand him or her. But it's still odd that they would leave one of their own pros hanging out to dry like that. Do they think this is what we want to see? If they're going to show us drama, it would help if they edited it so that it makes sense to us...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Something doesn't smell right about that whole scene, since they deliberately didn't fill in the gaps about what happened to Mark that he didn't show up for a rehearsal. It seems odd that they would shame him in public like that but not explain why.

Not that I mind, I can't stand him or her. But it's still odd that they would leave one of their own pros hanging out to dry like that. Do they think this is what we want to see? If they're going to show us drama, it would help if they edited it so that it makes sense to us...
    I agree, and now, reading online its all hearts and flowers- right. I doubt we will see anymore footage.
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread