+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Shawn had a stalker - which was even worse because she was underage at the time. Again, back when I really liked Mark - he really took on an older brother, protective vibe towards her that season.
    Mark did take on that role didn't he. Just another reason to like Mark. Other than the obvious being he is a great dancer!

What is wrong with some people? Are they just a bad seed? Or does it have something to do with their upbringing? SCARY!!!!!

I think with Bristol it is too hard for some people to separate things out. As many have mentioned here, she is not necessarily a polarizing figure - other than whether you think she is a good dancer or not, or whether she is a "star" or not (but I think that argument really got put to bed years ago with some of the people they have had on over the seasons). And yes, I will agree with Rattus and a few others that, based on some of the things she has said, I'm not hugely fond of her personality or her beliefs. But what IS really polarizing is her mother, and I think for some "fans" (not on this site) they have a hard time separating the two.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Mark did take on that role didn't he. Just another reason to like Mark. Other than the obvious being he is a great dancer!

What is wrong with some people? Are they just a bad seed? Or does it have something to do with their upbringing? SCARY!!!!!
    The Mark we see, dancing showboating whatever. I dont think he is the same guy the girls know .They spoke quite highly of him. I enjoyed his dancing MJ, because I loved M J. I don't think he needs to get over that either, because most dancers I see today. - all have a little MJ in them Michael Jacksons dancing lives on.
    As for the bad seed, I think there are too many nutters out there, that cant separate reality TV( DWTS or BB) and the consequences are ridiculous OTOH look how many real stars are stalked or wake up with a nutcase in their house.
    norealityhere likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm not a fan of Bristol, but it makes me angry that anyone would do a thing like that. She's young & really hasn't done anything to create the kind of hatred some people seem to have against her.
    AmyKay, Shoepie and zookeepertx like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I agree, KatesMom, I think that most of the people who despise Bristol are triggered by political feelings. And, Heaven knows, political feelings are running pretty high at the moment! Sending threatening letters to the station is just wrong. Take a deep breath, people and a step back.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    I agree, KatesMom, I think that most of the people who despise Bristol are triggered by political feelings. And, Heaven knows, political feelings are running pretty high at the moment! Sending threatening letters to the station is just wrong. Take a deep breath, people and a step back.
    I don't at all condone what one extreme nutcase did, but I believe the bolded text is an over-generalization just like saying that Bristol fans are all robo-calling GOP operatives. I think there are just as many fans who were initially put off by Bristol (and the show for casting her) because she wasn't in any way a "star" or even a celebrity in the true sense of the word. Celebrities are celebrated for their achievements, and Bristol had none other than being a politician's daughter who was subjected to tabloid scrutiny. Many DWTS fans aren't fond of stunt-casting like this, or the idea of casting anyone connected to politics, simply because of the divisive and polarizing effect it has on the viewers.

The same can be said about many fan's disdain for the casting of reality TV personalities. Getting a camera to follow you around isn't an achievement by itself; some people prefer only glorifying public figures who have actually done something to earn the accolades.
    Florimel, spockwhat and chrisg like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

From NBC.com. Sheesh. We even get a reference to how Sabrina was "shockingly eliminated" in an article about Bristol and Mark.

Bristol Palin walks out on 'Dancing With the Stars' and Mark Ballas
    Adam Taylor / ABC

Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas had a tough time in rehearsal recently.
    By Anna Chan, TODAY

Uh oh. Seems like things aren't going so well for all-star Bristol Palin during her second stint on "Dancing With the Stars." A new video on People.com of a recent rehearsal shows the reality TV personality really upset with pro partner Mark Ballas.

Mark, who admitted on camera last week that "I know that Bristol is not the best dancer," got some heat from his celeb partner. When he mentions her energy seems off in rehearsal, Bristol didn't bother to hide her feelings anymore.

"I know you're bummed that you don't have Sabrina (Bryan) or Shawn (Johnson)," Bristol says in the video. (You can watch it on People.com.) "I feel like you're just bummed that you have me as a partner."

Mark was paired with Sabrina in season five. The Cheetah girl was favored as a frontrunner until she was shockingly eliminated in 7th place. Shawn was Mark's season eight partner, and the pair went on to win the mirror ball trophy.

The pro tries to defend himself and make her feel better, but it apparently didn't work. After telling Bristol that he sticks "up for her through thick and thin, always," she starts to tear up.

"You play this victim role," she accuses. "I know that I'm here, I'm on time, I'm ready to go. I wouldn't be on this show if I wasn't going to take it seriously." The reality personality also points out that he missed a recent rehearsal session.

After Mark tries some more to console Bristol, she says, "I'm just not doing this anymore" and walks out of practice.

"(Expletive.) What am I supposed to do now?!" the pro says in exasperation.
    karalott likes this.

Wow! I wonder if DWTS will air any of this footage tonight, or wait until all the votes have been cast, and then show this tidbit on the Tuesday results show.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Yeah, something tells me this will either be blown out of proportion on the show or that it was worse than they'll show. Then Brooke will bring it up and they'll make nice and say it was just frustration and the height of the competition.

And she'll still make it through to last week. My guess is they'll be going last and they'll be previewing this fight all night.

Mark seems much more mellow this season, so Bristol is probably right. And Mark is right about her being the worst dancer left, and I can sort of feel sorry for him, when everyone else has partners who have much more potential. Even the next worst dancer in the group is miles ahead of Bristol. I think Bristol is just plain oblivious to the fact that she stinks, that she might actually take heat from the judges for her dancing ability this time (especially if she's not needed for ratings and the show doesn't want to face anymore backlash), but this is obviously just an attempt to extend her last seconds of her 15 minutes. What other opportunities will she have?
    Last edited by karalott; 10-08-2012 at 06:57 PM.

This is why people who aren't professionals in some form of entertainment or communication shouldn't be on the show. Even after having gone through this once before, Bristol still doesn't possess the maturity to commit to what she signed up for. And Mark is possibly the worst pro she could have, because he alternates between enabling her immaturity and leaving her hanging out to dry on the dance floor.

I wouldn't blame her if she quit -- she doesn't belong there (and I don't mean that as a slight to her).

But of course, if she shows up, this will be completely whitewashed in editing tonight.
    karalott, ness and bee stung lips like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread