+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

FORT Fogey

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

You know, considering what got eights earlier in the season, that really shouldn't have gotten eights at this point in the season. They need to be consistent from the beginning of the season straight through the end as to what an eight or a ten or a whatever is.

FORT Fogey

No way she should have gotten more than 6's for that dance. Her legs were like lead, and she could barely keep up. She always has that deer-in-the-headlights look, or a phony frozen smile. If Mark hadn't danced up a storm all around her, the truth would have been too painful to watch. Still, it shouldn't have fooled the judges. Actually, I'm sure it didn't fool them. I don't know WTH they're up to with those scores. I thought they were watching a different dance than I was.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Well, everyone who thought that maybe there was some strategy on last night's show may have been right! By showing Bristol asking for an easy routine, and then the judges over-scoring her, she didn't get any pity votes and some of her supporters might have thought she was safe.

It was a perfect storm!! Yay!! Goodbye Bristol! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out!

About three weeks - and four eliminations - too late but I'll happily take it at this point!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Mark handling post-show interviews...there's a video of the interview at the link:

'Dancing With The Stars' Mark Ballas talks Bristol Palin and elimination

Posted 58 minutes ago by OnTheRedCarpet.com Staff

The "Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars" competition has become fierce in the past few weeks as the competition heads on the road to the finals. The contestants had their work cut out for them with this week's challenge, which included dances chosen for them by their fellow competitors.

Although Bristol Palin had what was arguably her best dance in her "Dancing With The Stars" history with the Rock N' Roll style, viewers did not vote to keep her in the competition and she was eliminated on Tuesday, October 16.

Palin did not appear backstage for press interviews but her pro partner Mark Ballas spoke about Palin, the elimination and who he believes will be in the finals.

When asked why Palin did not attend the post-show interviews, Ballas said, "I just think it's a lot right now. You know, Bristol's never been eliminated. We made the final last time. So it's emotional."

Ballas and Palin finished season 11 in 2010 in third place.

The pro dancer added, "Also we have a crazy schedule. We have to head to 'Jimmy Kimmel,' we have to fly to New York and you know, she's got to change. "

"So I said you go get dressed, I'll got take care of this," Ballas said.

The pro dancer also said he was happy with the way they performed in the competition.

"Absolutely, to make it to week four is cool in an all-star season. You know, I would have loved to have made it further you know, but at the end of the day, you know, we did the best that we could," Ballas said. "At least we went out on a routine where the judges said it was the best one so far rather than, 'You could have done it better.'"

Despite the fact that the two were shown fighting just before their dance last week, Ballas said the two ended their run on the show on good terms after the elimination was over.

"We hugged and told each other we loved each other and that we had fun and she said, 'At least, you know, it was fun,'" Ballas said. "I had a good time and, you know, it was what it was."

Ballas won the mirror ball trophy in season 6 with celebrity partner Kristi Yamaguchi and again in season 8 with fellow "Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars" competitor Shawn Johnson. He predicts that his former champion partner Johnson will make it to the finals in a match-up that resembles the season 8 finale --with Johnson and Gilles Marini, who is also competing on this current season.

"If I had to pick a winner and put my money where my mouth is, this could be loyalty speaking, but I'd probably go with Shawn [Johnson] and Derek [Hough]," Ballas said. "I can give you a top four, I can't call a two right now."

He later added, "If I was to give you a semi-final into the final I would be pegging it as Gilles, Shawn, Kelly [Monaco] and Sabrina [Bryan] or Melissa [Rycroft] I think."

There will be no elimination next week and an hour-long show on Monday and Tuesday set to feature group performances as well as individual dances.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Drew and Helio were never eliminated, either (I don't think either were ever in the bottom 2), and they managed to make the media rounds. I'm sure it was emotional, but I don't think Bristol expected to be eliminated tonight. And given what her presence has done on the show in terms of fan reaction and media scrutiny, I'd probably avoid the media rounds, too. And, I wouldn't be surprised if she was throwing a tantrum backstage, but that's speculation on my part.
    jucamer likes this.

Not that I'm excusing her, but it is kind of a crazy schedule for whoever is eliminated: post-show interviews on the dance floor while still in costume, then a quick change and cleanup (and packing) so that they can do Kimmel, and then get rushed to the airport to catch the redeye to NYC so they can dance again in Times Square on GMA in front of a crowd. They must make it to the show with mere seconds to spare. I guess not every celebrity does this, but it seems like the norm lately. The interviewer from the article said this was only the 5th time in the show's history that the star didn't do the post-show interviews.

I'm still looking for the Kimmel show somewhere, I guess it won't be in the usual online places or On Demand for a couple of days...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    And given what her presence has done on the show in terms of fan reaction and media scrutiny, I'd probably avoid the media rounds, too.
    The fact that she won't do the media rounds is precisely why I dislike her so much. She is a snivelling, whiny, self-pitying toad of a woman. If she had any character at all, she'd go out there and self-deprecate herself into the nation's hearts, but she is too dull-witted to realize that.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

The way that Bristol handles the media really shows why she's not exactly a "star". Most of the people who do the show know how important it is to do the media rounds, because they are professionals who understand that celebrity doesn't just happen. Bristol is a politicians daughter, not a star. She may think she's a star because she got a reality show. But she doesn't do the work that even some of the Bachelor/Bachelorette people who have done the show are willing to put in to promote themselves.

FORT Fogey

Given that Bristol has not always done the best interviews in the past, perhaps Mark or DWTS or her own handlers or some combination of the three felt it was not a good idea to let Bristol go into an interview cold when she was likely not in the best mood already.

And I really, really hope Mark is wrong--if I have to watch Gilles lose to Shawn again, it may be the last time I'll be able to stand sitting through a DWTS season. He came into his first season with no formal dance training and little public recognition, whereas she came in as an elite level gymnast, where dance training is involved, and a huge fan base, and he still only lost by the smallest percentage in DWTS history, even after Cheryl let him down by choreographing a freestyle that was centered on her role, not his. Shawn already has her mirror ball trophy, Derek has plenty of them too, and Shawn has an Olympic gold medal besides. I'd rather see the trophy go to someone else who's done just as well and with less experience and who has something left to prove, if only to himself/herself. Heck, I'd just rather it not go to a former winner, even one I'd voted for in the past. If it were up to me, the people who'd already won would have either been put in an all-winners all-star season or left out of this one.

+ Reply to Thread