Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Apolo Anton Ohno & Karina Smirnoff - All-Stars

Apolo Anton Ohno & Karina Smirnoff - All-Stars

Apolo Anton Ohno
    DWTS All-Star

Pro: Karina Smirnoff

#TeamApolo

We know how fast Apolo Anton Ohno is on skates, but we were shocked to see how terrific he was on the dance floor.

Best known for making history at the 2010 Winter Olympics by becoming the most decorated U.S. Winter Olympian with eight career Olympic medals, Apolo Ohno has been the top short-track speed skater in the U.S.

Among his tremendous accolades, Apolo is a three-time Olympian, one of only four Americans to win three medals in a single Winter Olympics, and is a 12-time U.S. National Champion. Born in Seattle, Washington, Apolo was raised by his Japanese father, Yuki, whom he credits for his success as he pushed him to pursue excellence on and off the ice when considering his future.

Launched into the national spotlight after winning two medals at the 2002 Winter Olympics, Apolo’s unique look, including his wavy hair and signature bandana, helped attract countless fans. At the 2006 Winter Olympics, he once again won over the hearts of Americans as he added three more medals to his collection, including a Gold in the Men’s 500m.

Beyond the Olympics, Apolo was ranked by Nielsen’s State of the Media: Year in Sports 2010 as third most effective athlete endorser, ranks tenth in Business Week’s Power 100 and is author of The New York Times Bestseller and top-selling sports biography, Zero Regrets: Be Greater Than Yesterday.

Passionate about being a positive role model for youth, Apolo is an Ambassador for health and wellness initiatives aimed at children. He is active in Ronald McDonald House charities and also involved in Nikkei Concerns, a leading provider for elder care services. Continuing to demonstrate his diverse talents, Apolo recently finished his first acting roles on Hawaii Five-O and in the SyFy film Tasmanian Devils. Apolo returns to the Olympics as a reporter for NBC during the 2012 Summer Games.

Apolo Anton Ohno Bio/Media Page - ABC.com
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Apolo Anton Ohno & Karina Smirnoff - All-Stars

Apolo was definitely my favorite winner! I wish Julianne would come back for this season! But, I'm sure Karina will do great things with him. I will be voting for them for sure!
    karalott and Dahlia97 like this.

I saw the end of The View, they were on today.He really hasn't changed, he looked very good with Karina. They said Joey and Kym are talking smack, about how they wont finish 2nd this time. Joey has lost weight already.! I think between these two and a couple of others, we should see some competitive dancing, with fans not knowing who to vote for.

My friend watched Anderson today, and Tom said it will be a spray tan bloodbath on the floor
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Love Apolo! Goodness I don't know who to root for this season! Ack!
    karalott and Dahlia97 like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Love Apolo! Goodness I don't know who to root for this season! Ack!
    I'm really curious to see how the voting goes this season. Only 2 non finalists in the mix, and 6 winners, plus some very big fan favorites from before. Will there really be 'shocking' eliminations this season, or will they just be surprising because people expected them to do as good as the first time?

Anyway, Apolo was someone I figured would turn down an AS season, so I was very happy when he was announced in the cast. I'm calling him and Gilles as the final 2. Karina's choreography is amazing, and she seems to have gotten a little more popular in recent seasons (I think when her ice queen personality melted away). I wonder if Julianne will come back and dance with him during the results show? They did mention previous celebs coming back to dance Tuesdays, so maybe they can partner some of the competing celebs with their previous partners, for old times sake.

FORT Newbie

I am very intrigued by this partnership. I like Karina more than I do Apolo at this point, but they should be fun and HOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie0824 View Post
    I am very intrigued by this partnership. I like Karina more than I do Apolo at this point, but they should be fun and HOT.
    I like also like Karina, she is wicked good. Between Apolo and Gilles, I don't know who is hotter. Saw some more clips online, wonderful
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

He did great last night. Loved the routine Karina came up with.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Apolo is my choice for winning this season. I finally came to like Karina and think this couple will provide some very entertaining dances.

Quote Originally Posted by annettejt View Post
    Apolo is my choice for winning this season. I finally came to like Karina and think this couple will provide some very entertaining dances.
    I think you are right.His footwork last night was very good and having Karina as a partner, is a bonus for him. This is the team to beat.I would love it to be Apolo vs Gilles, but I suppose we have to have a female in the F2 .
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast