+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Apolo Anton Ohno & Karina Smirnoff - All-Stars

Re: Apolo Anton Ohno & Karina Smirnoff - All-Stars

Gosh I hope not! I would love to see an Apolo/Gilles finale! or Apolo/Helio for that matter.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I don't see Helio being there, unless Gilles drops out. I don't care for any of the women, so maybe they will go with the true votes, and not ABC votes
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Apolo's scores, last night, were lower than they should have been perhaps because they danced toward the beginning of the show. I think it's a disadvantage to perform in the first half hour because the judges leave lots of room in the scoring.

Loved his partnership with Julieanne and feel she'd be his best partner but I think Karina is a wonderful dancer and he will florish with her.

Apolo is my choice for this season (as he was the season he won) and I'll be sure to cast ALL my votes for him...which is especially difficult this season. However, IF you really want somebody to come out on top you should only cast your votes for that person.

Oh, how I wish we could vote people out instead of in. I believe we'd get rid of the riff raff right away!
    mesachick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Apolo's scores, last night, were lower than they should have been perhaps because they danced toward the beginning of the show. I think it's a disadvantage to perform in the first half hour because the judges leave lots of room in the scoring.

Loved his partnership with Julieanne and feel she'd be his best partner but I think Karina is a wonderful dancer and he will flourish with her.

Apolo is my choice for this season (as he was the season he won) and I'll be sure to cast ALL my votes for him...which is especially difficult this season. However, IF you really want somebody to come out on top you should only cast your votes for that person.

Oh, how I wish we could vote people out instead of in. I believe we'd get rid of the riff raff right away!
    I think that ABC knows how much support each couple has.Those with more support , seem to get a lower score. The judges also manipulate the vote and that's not new( jmho) I still don't understand why we have the .5. What does that do, nobody has an explanation for such a dumb move
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post

Loved his partnership with Julieanne and feel she'd be his best partner but I think Karina is a wonderful dancer and he will florish with her.

I agree in regards to Apollo. I really believe he deserved the first 9 of the season. He was wonderful last night.

The .5 is there, as it is in sports like diving, ice skating, and gymnastics, to help avoid ties and to give a little leeway for evaluating dancers. That, of course, is if it's used properly. something Carrie Ann is not equipped to do.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I love Apolo, but on Monday, I kept picturing Gilles during Apolo's dance. Apolo is a sexy guy, but Gilles is super star sexy. I wish they'd chosen a different dance.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Loved Apolo and Karina's dance Monday night, but I can see Gilles doing this dance very, very well too. I must say that Karina has grown on me the last couple of years.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Loved Apolo and Karina's dance Monday night, but I can see Gilles doing this dance very, very well too. I must say that Karina has grown on me the last couple of years.
    I think she is great, great dancer, and she brings out the best in her partner(s)
    Coco46 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

That was an amazingly sexy dance that Apolo did with Karina. I loved the Muse theme of it and wow, Apolo is all grown up and is quite a sexy man. That dance was hot. Loved it. He seems uncomfortable with Karina in that he feels she is an older woman or something. He clearly has no attraction or maybe it's that she intimidates him. As I posted on another thread I think Karina with Helio and Apolo with Chelsea would have really heated up the floor. But I like them with their partners it's just that the age differences would have been more appropriate with that partnering than with what we have and maybe Helio would have been saved this week. I just hate that he left but so glad Apolo is still around. I really love seeing him do something so out of his usual element of skating. Who would think he had all of that in him? He's great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast