+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Dancing With the Stars Pool

Re: Dancing With the Stars Pool

Great job, Pikachu. I completely agree with KM and KK.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I agree, too, Pikachu. There's no reason you should not win any pool that you happen to be running and no reason should should feel any guilt about it.

I never expected to win this one because I can't put anyone on my team that I actively dislike so there was no way I was ever going to add in Melissa even though I knew the show was going to do everything it could to push her along. That's kind of why I rarely hit the top in fantasy football.
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Yeah, what Florimel said. I picked my team based on who I like, which turned out that America didn't agree with me this time. Haha.

If you win Pikachu, you win. That's the way the cookie crumbles or the dance shoes get the wood chipper. LOL

Good luck to everyone in the running for the most glorious mirrored ball in all the world!!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

So who do we all have for the winner. I tried to go back and figure it out but there are too many replacements. Easier to just repost them here. I chose...

#1. Melissa and Tony

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Shoepie: On the scoresheet, team captains are in bold lettering. Arielflies has Shawn & Derek as the winners, chrisg has Emmitt & Cheryl, Debb70 has Apolo & Karina, etc.

Some of the team captains have been eliminated so they're at 0.00 and the background is shaded in.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Shoepie: On the scoresheet, team captains are in bold lettering. Arielflies has Shawn & Derek as the winners, chrisg has Emmitt & Cheryl, Debb70 has Apolo & Karina, etc.

Some of the team captains have been eliminated so they're at 0.00 and the background is shaded in.
    Thanks. I looked for that too.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars Pool Results
    Week Ten

Welcome to the Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars Awards Banquet! With teams made up of couples who were past champions on the show, it was anyone’s guess which star would end up waltzing away with the trophy. We had a lot of ups and downs in the pool and there were several contenders for the win.

One word about scoring before we get to the much-anticipated results. I was unsure whether to give the three bonus points to the last couple to dance because of the format of the finals. When all couples have only one dance, the last couple to dance might have an advantage because they’re the last ones to give an impression to the audience before phone lines open. Voters might have forgotten routines seen earlier in the show. This week, all three couples had three dances—two in one night, one on the finale night. They went in rotation so I don’t know if anyone got an advantage being last. As it was, the three points wouldn’t have changed anyone’s standings in the pool so I decided to leave them off.

Weekly Scores
    A.G.E. Dream: 117 points
    Cream Pumps: 374 points
    Flat Feet: 362.5 points
    Hollywood Glam: 245.5 points
    How 'Bout Them Cowboys?: 204.5 points
    Lift Police Begone!: 204.5 points
    Lightfoot: 87.5 points
    Mreid1472: 87.5 points
    No Messing About: 204.5 points
    Paddle Pleasers: 245.5 points
    Paso Doooooble: 234 points
    Pika-Cha-Cha-Chu: 450 points
    Team How Did That Make You Feel?: 245.5 points
    Two Left Feet: 0 points

Final Team Rankings
    1. Pika-Cha-Cha-Chu: 2,785.5 points
    2. Flat Feet: 2,702.5 points
    3. Paddle Pleasers: 2,574 points
    4. Hollywood Glam: 2,516.5 points
    5. Cream Pumps: 2,395.5 points
    6. Team How Did That Make You Feel?: 2,358 points
    7. No Messing About: 2,308 points
    8. How 'Bout Them Cowboys?: 2,301 points
    9. Lightfoot: 2,265.5 points
    10. A.G.E. Dream: 2,251 points
    11. Lift Police Begone!: 2,247.5 points
    12. Paso Doooooble: 2,116 points
    13. Two Left Feet: 1,946.5 points
    14. Mreid1472: 1,807.5 points

First place on the leaderboard and the winner of the Mirror Ball Trophy is…Pika-Cha-Cha-Chu!
    Being the only pool member to go into the finals with a full team, they were a shoe-in for the win.

First runner-up is… Flat Feet. They had both the All-Stars winner and runner-up on their pool team, with the runner-up as their superstar couple.

Second runner-up is… Paddle Pleasers. They also had both finalists on their pool team, but neither was their superstar couple.

Honorable mentions go to… Cream Pumps for being the only team with Melissa & Tony as their superstar couple. You nailed it!

Last place on the leaderboard and winner of the Wooden Leg Award is….Mreid1472!
    A late start, coupled with not making any changes when add/replace week was on, sealed their doom. Better luck next time!

Thank you to everyone for participating! I hope you enjoyed playing as much as I did. Now’s the time in the program for you to leave your feedback about the pool. Is there anything you would change in future pools to make them better? Do you like getting to see the first episode before choosing your pool team or would you prefer to have people choose teams before seeing the first episode? Did you like having an opportunity to update your pool team or would you prefer for pool teams to remain unchanged to the end? Did you like how the results were given each week? If you have any suggestions, let me know!

The pool was great.

I didn't like the mid-season adjustment at first, but I like the idea so we don't have some teams out of the running early in the season. I suggest you consider an approach like those variable rate CDs--you get one chance to change during the season. So each team can make one change to their roster and one change of their super couple. They need to post the change request at least 1 hour before showtime. All changes have to be done before the semi-finals. The changes apply going forward, no adjustment to previous scores.

The only other suggestion is that the "bottom two" should apply only if Tom (or Brooke) clearly states that the couples are the bottom two. If they are "not necessarily the bottom two" then we shouldn't penalize a team just because the producers are trying to be dramatic.

As far as my team this season, I've been a big Melissa fan since season 8 so I regret not selecting her as my super couple.

Thanks for the feedback, RickiRick.

It's difficult to keep tabs on team changes when any pool team can change any week. That's why I prefer to have everyone make their change in the same week.

I agree about the bottom two. I hate how DWTS does it, even though they qualify it by saying the bottom two is not necessarily the two couples with the lowest scores. I would be fine with eliminating that portion of the scoring since it's not fair and accurate.

It was actually a last minute decision to add the judges' scores to the scoresheet. I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me to include them before so really that's probably all that is needed.

Thanks for running this pool picachu, it was a lot of fun!

Congratulations on your mirrorball trophy win!! Do you have a special spot all picked out to display this ?

+ Reply to Thread