+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    That guy makes Bristol look like a genius.

As far as Bristol's fan vote, what a coincidence that every time she is on DWTS it is an election season! Outside fan votes for Bristol will depend on how much Mother Palin is involved in the election, which looks to be much smaller this time around.

Bristol's best hope is to be the underdog showing the most improvement from her previous season.
    It's hard to know whose side to take in that case. Frankly, the f-word would probably have been my first word once I realized that those 2 were my parents. I'm sure it's no coincidence, that Bristol is back during an election year especially, but she likely was on the producers wish list regardless. Ratings go down, so bring someone on like Bristol or Kate and spin it so that they can pretend the audience is totally in their corner. I think Bristol will have a sizeable fanbase, but I don't know if it'll be as big as her first time. Of course, there will be people bragging about voting to keep her around because everyone hates her and they want to make us miserable. However, I don't believe those voters count for very much.

DWTSGossip has posted the rumored pairings on the men's side (I don't know if it's 100% accurate; they also mentioned that the show is having trouble pairing the women up):

Apolo/Cheryl
    Drew/Chelsie
    Emmitt/Anna
    Gilles/Karina
    Helio/Kym
    Joey/Peta

Well, I was wrong! 5/12 are getting their old partner back. Not exactly fair, IMO.

Maks & Kirstie
    Mark & Bristol
    Tony & Melissa
    Tristan & Pam
    Val & Kelly
    Derek & Shawn

Kym & Joey
    Cheryl & Emmitt
    Peta & Gilles
    Anna & Drew
    Karina & Apolo
    Chelsie & Helio

I agree. I think everyone should have gotten a new partner to make it more fair. Give everyone a fresh start and even playing field.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post
    Well, I was wrong! 5/12 are getting their old partner back. Not exactly fair, IMO.

Maks & Kirstie
    Mark & Bristol
    Tony & Melissa
    Tristan & Pam
    Val & Kelly
    Derek & Shawn

Kym & Joey
    Cheryl & Emmitt
    Peta & Gilles
    Anna & Drew
    Karina & Apolo
    Chelsie & Helio
    Really?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There's a lot about this season that isn't fair. Aside from the partnering advantage you have some celebrities who have been involved with the Vegas show. Learning all that choreography and going out and performing nightly will give some of the cast an edge.
    karalott and JunkieGirl like this.
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by diva211 View Post
    There's a lot about this season that isn't fair. Aside from the partnering advantage you have some celebrities who have been involved with the Vegas show. Learning all that choreography and going out and performing nightly will give some of the cast an edge.
    Totally agree. I was sure they were getting new people due to what Kirstie and Bristol said. Out of 12 couples, I got a whopping 1 right (Peta and Gilles) LOL!

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth, big time. It's not right that 5 people have the advantage of already knowing their partner, the teaching style, and having chem with them. And of course Derek got Shawn.

I am super happy with Apolo and Helio's partners, though! However, I would have preferred Anna for Apolo.
    karalott likes this.

I like Peta with Gilles( knew that would happen)

Anna and Drew, guessed that one as well. Its an okay season, I can miss some and not be that bothered.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Val & Kelly are going to be an awesome pairing. Little worried about Tristan and Pam. Pam's last partner was never seen again. They can't do that to Tristan.
    karalott and jucamer like this.
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by diva211 View Post
    I think Val & Kelly are going to be an awesome pairing. Little worried about Tristan and Pam. Pam's last partner was never seen again. They can't do that to Tristan.
    I think Tristan will be fine He isn't going anywhere-he's very very popular
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm pretty disappointed with these pairings. DWTSGossip had posted preliminary pairings, and while they weren't my ideal pairings, I liked them better than this. The show is obviously going to try too hard to make magic and chemistry happen twice, and I think it's going to blow up in their face. I also think we're going to see egos crushed in a big way.

I pretty much agree with what's been said here about the fairness involved with the show and certain celebs having a bigger advantage since they've been doing ballroom in the Vegas show (but whos to say the other celebs haven't been taking lessons on the side). I'm disappointed with Gilles/Peta, and that makes me not want to root for him. Just not a fan of Peta, and don't want to see her win a second season in a row. Peta, like some of the troupe members, seems to be trying too hard to make up for all these seasons the other pros naturally became stars. Also disappointed with Kelly/Val. She wasn't the strongest dancer the first time, and I really want Val to make it to week 4 this time. I don't think Tristan is going anywhere because of Pam. Damian was a first season pro when he partnered her, and though he became popular, I don't know why the show never brought him back, but Tristan is going on his 3rd season. And I never thought I'd say this, but I'm somewhat rooting for Melissa/Tony. More for Tony's sake obviously, but the poor guy has had 2 legitimate chances to win (Stacey Keibler and Melissa), and had to endure Kate Gosselin and Wendy Williams, not to mention his other duds. This will probably be his last chance to win the mirrorball. However, my bet is still on a guy to win.

And I thought we were finding out who was voted back in today

+ Reply to Thread