+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

Re: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

As for Pam, I like her and her OTT appearance. She plays it up and owns it, I can respect that. Would I feel the same way if she was my mom? Oh hell no!
    She is a caricature of her former self. At one time she looked quite nice, now she is desperate That whole boobs in boobs out makes me

As for Sabrina, I don't know who she is. - I voted for Carson.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I'd love to see them switch up partners each week...that would take care of the fairness issue, and show which are really all-stars, and which just had great partners who could choreograph...wish they'd make the judges scores meaningless...let US decide!

How about Misty May - wish she was on the cast, been so fun watching her play at the Olympics!

Random thoughts and observations . . .

Female cast:

OK, but I'm not jumping up and down about - Kirstie, Melissa or Shawn.

Far as Shawn goes, it's MHO that Gilles got robbed. Also, about her bum knee that kept her out of the Olympics? I get that she probably couldn't've gotten into shape on it to compete this year. What I'm NOT getting is that even though the knee most likely WON'T keep her off the dance floor, since that injury was enough to knock her out of the Olympics, what I'm trying to understand is how/why she would take a chance on possibly re-injuring it with an appearance on DWTS? All we ever hear about/see is how ungodly grueling those practices are. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I'd be taking a chance on possibly messing it up again with dance practices, if I were in her shoes.

Melissa? OK, but I'm not running around the block screaming in happiness because she's back, either. I'm glad she was on and Tony got her (he seemed SO happy!). And, to give the girl her due, she did step in at the eleventh hour and backed that up by actually being able to dance. But, when I think of her, all I get is: "Meh!".

But, then again, that's just Yours Truly.

Kirstie? She did very well and I'm proud of her for that. But she just came across to me as kind of a bull in a china shop, really rough, somehow. I'm glad she lost weight, because that's what she seemed to want to do, too, but personality-wise, she just didn't ring any positive bells for me (and yep, selfish pig that I am, I also look for something that draws me in personality-wise with each dancer, too). She did fine with the dancing, as well, but I just couldn't get a solid, warm handle on her as a person.

Pamela? I smile just thinking about her coming back. Is she going to win? 'Course not. But she came across as a sweet, loveable, smart lady who worked hard to reach the level that she did, and I'd like to see that out of her, again.

Kelly and Bristol . . .

Kelly? I think I understand the stunt-casting by TPTB, here. "LET'S GET CHAMPIONS NOS. 1, 2, 3, 4 AND 5 BACK, AND HAVE THEM GO HEAD-TO-HEAD FOR THE COVETED MIRROR-BALL TROPHY!" Frankly, far as I'm concerned, they stunt-cast her back in Season 1 because she worked for ABC ("General Hospital"). Far as dancing goes, John (the runner-up) had it ALL over her and Alec (much as I love Alec), and John got robbed. Apparently, a lot of other people thought so, too, because they actually had a dance-off show between her and John (because of pissed-off people around the country), and John WON that.

Bristol? Talk about insulting stunt casting. Maybe TPTB felt they could justify bringing her back a second time, since she could be named a "star" because of that bomb of a reality show of hers. Perhaps she'll be the first one out, and we can get down to having some REAL fun, real soon, this time around.

Male cast:

Loved every last one of 'em. Far as dancing goes, I think Helio is the weakest of this crowd. But I loved seeing him and his improvement each week, and I'm glad he's back, stunt-casting, or no.

I've got a question mark about Emmitt coming back. He was being interviewed after DD and Peta's win and was asked if he thought he'd ever come back to the show. His reply was that since his time, the dancers had just gotten better and better, so for him that'd be a no-go. What gives? Is it just the lure of the thrill of victory, once again, I wonder?

The Pick-a-Person . . .

She Who Shall Not Be Named isn't even on my radar.

Between Carson and Kyle, I love them both dearly, and wish like hell that as entertainers, both of them could/would be brought back. Strictly from a DANCING point of view, much as I love and adore Carson, Kyle has the edge, there, so he got my votes.

Maybe they might do SOMETHING right and bring Carson on as a roving correspondent?

We can only hope.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 08-06-2012 at 03:17 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FYI, Kelly Monaco and Val are now following each other on Twitter. Maybe when she said Derek she was just guessing or wishing?

I can't tell when they were added, but near the top of Drew's "Following" list are Derek, Mark, and Kym. Kym was added first. Isn't she a little tall for him?

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    I'd love to see them switch up partners each week...that would take care of the fairness issue, and show which are really all-stars, and which just had great partners who could choreograph...
    I disagree with that premise. You need to trust your partner in some of these dances, especially with spins and lifts (once in the freestyle round). The romantic dances? How would it look as a finished product if you didn't have at least *some* sort of like for your partner? Plus, it takes time to learn/understand your celebrity's learning style.

I wish some ballroom dancers would chime in here and tell me if I'm off base or if they think changing partners would be a good idea.

Oh, and NFL don't ever expect fairness in this show. Or any reality show. Will never happen. I'm not saying that out right rigging is done but certain things are *catered* to certain players/competitors. Just off the top of my head, in this show, music/props/costumes/packages are better for some than others.
    Florimel likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I disagree with that premise. You need to trust your partner in some of these dances, especially with spins and lifts (once in the freestyle round). The romantic dances? How would it look as a finished product if you didn't have at least *some* sort of like for your partner? Plus, it takes time to learn/understand your celebrity's learning style.
    I agree with you . I don't think a different partner every week would work.Its not something I really want to see either.( jmho)
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I've been watching interviews with some of the current Olympic athletes, and several have expressed interest in doing DWTS in the future (Ryan Lochte, Missy Franklin, and several of the gymnasts...I believe there were a few more). Kind of makes me wish they had waited until the spring to do AS and captialized instead on the Olympic hype. Not that I think they'll be hurting for ratings with AS. It should reverse the downward trend the ratings have been taking, but then again, it could totally bomb. It feels sort of like an overall 'meh' reaction. The guys side is all right, though I think they could have done better with the women. And I would have been fine not having as many winners on the guys side, too.

And it would figure that with a little over a month to go to the premiere, Bristol's ex douchebag has weaseled himself back into the press and said he's taking her to court to sue for full custody because his son Tripp uttered the F-word on Bristol's now cancelled reality show. This coming from the guy who posed for Playgirl Hopefully she's the first to go. It won't happen, but I think it'll backfire on the producers because I don't think Bristol will bring the ratings gold she did before.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    And it would figure that with a little over a month to go to the premiere, Bristol's ex douchebag has weaseled himself back into the press and said he's taking her to court to sue for full custody because his son Tripp uttered the F-word on Bristol's now cancelled reality show. This coming from the guy who posed for Playgirl Hopefully she's the first to go. It won't happen, but I think it'll backfire on the producers because I don't think Bristol will bring the ratings gold she did before.
    That guy makes Bristol look like a genius.

As far as Bristol's fan vote, what a coincidence that every time she is on DWTS it is an election season! Outside fan votes for Bristol will depend on how much Mother Palin is involved in the election, which looks to be much smaller this time around.

Bristol's best hope is to be the underdog showing the most improvement from her previous season.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    That guy makes Bristol look like a genius.

As far as Bristol's fan vote, what a coincidence that every time she is on DWTS it is an election season! Outside fan votes for Bristol will depend on how much Mother Palin is involved in the election, which looks to be much smaller this time around.

Bristol's best hope is to be the underdog showing the most improvement from her previous season.
    I don't see her sticking around. She was the controversial one they mentioned. Doesn't bother me, the others will likely be much much better than her. Interested to see who they pair her with.
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Hopefully she's the first to go. It won't happen, but I think it'll backfire on the producers because I don't think Bristol will bring the ratings gold she did before.
    From your typing fingers to Conrad Green's ears/wallet!

ETA: Unless it is Kyle Massey voted back in. Apparently he is suing her, so that could stir up some controversy.
    karalott likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread