+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

Re: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

Sabrina was in the Cheetah Girls movies back before her first season. Movies in which she sang and danced with three other girls as they went of various adventures. I used to love those movies when they first came out. But in my defense, I think I was 14 when the first one was released.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I watched all of the videos, but will still wait until I see the first dances to make my predictions.

Thoughts so far:

Kelly and Val: Even though she won her season originally and they look good together, she has to put in a lot of practice if she wants to stick around. As we know, just because you work for ABC doesn't guarantee you a strong fan base. Being the first winner, she's gonna have to WOW the crowd that first night.

Emmitt and Cheryl: While I was thrilled when he won his season, looking at winners of the seasons that followed he may be at a big disadvantage this time. Now I think his fan base helped him win, not necessarily his dancing even though I did enjoy his freestyle.

Helio and Chelsie: As with Emmitt, as I look at the winners that won later seasons; I don't know how Helio won his season. Nice guy, yes. Great personality, yes. Best dancer that season? No. 20/20 hindsight and all that.

Pam and Tristan: Even though Tristan has gained a lot of fans and Pam is a decent dancer, I don't think she will last as long as last time.

Melissa and Tony: I really wish I could like her, but I just can't. She is a decent dancer but if one looks back at her season it's no wonder she made it as far as she did. She out lasted Belinda Carlisle, Denise Richards, Holly Madison, Steve Wozniak, David Alan Grier, Steve-O, Lawrence Taylor, Chuck Wicks, Lil'Kim and Ty Murray. Not a whole lot of talent that year. This season she faces some stiff competition and I don't think she'll get that far again.

Joey and Kim/Sabrina and Louis: I feel they have an unfair advantage over the others since they spent months dancing in that Las Vegas show. No matter how well they dance, I won't ever vote for either one of them. Too bad because I like Joey and Kim.

Drew and Anna: He's in the same boat as Emmitt and Helio. Lots of people seem to think Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy is the best freestyle of all time. For it's time, it was. Not so anymore, I've seen better. Donald Driver's freestyle was awesome and I really enjoyed Kyle Massey's. I will have to see these two dance before I make any predictions.

Maks and Kirstie: I'm not sure what to think of this couple. I like them, liked their dances but it just seems too soon? Think they are going to have to really rely on their fan bases to get far in the competition. Yet, if she wasn't competing against Hines Ward, they may have won. They are one couple I want to see dance again before I play the prediction game.

Bristol and Mark: She's not an all star, hope she's out week 1.

Gilles and Peta: He has natural dancing ability and I think he will be Apolo's biggest competition. If Peta pulls off back to back wins, I'll be impressed.

Shawn and Derek: Another one who is a natural, it will be interesting to see the dynamic between them as compared to Mark. Because they are cute, petite blondes it will be hard to see them as anything other than brother and sister. Shawn is very capable so I'm expecting a lot from Derek regarding the choreography. Mark is always showboating so it will be nice to see her with Derek who will highlight his partner. Then again, maybe her flaws will also be highlighted.

Apolo and Karina: Apolo is still my all time fave, even after all these years. That guy can do anything and does it well. His attitude, his philosophies, that guy is going places. I'm really looking forward to Apolo and Gilles going head to head, I think they will be the F2. Hopefully Peta brings her A game because Karina is an excellent choreographer.

I will be sticking with The Voice Monday night but will catch videos as soon as I can.
    karalott likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'll be watching The Voice at work, as my co-worker is more a fan of that show than DWTS. I'll look forward to reading everyone's comments, though, and look forward to being able to chat with everyone liiiive on Tuesday.

JunkieGirl, I pretty much think your comments are spot on. I want Bristol gone first (totally agree she's not an AS, and they don't need her for controversy and ratings). But I don't think she will be. However, I don't want to get my hopes up of an early exit for her. Her dancing is horrible, and I really hope the judges actually judge this season, don't sugar coat the bad dances, and give them the scores they deserve. I also hope we don't see the 9 or 10 paddle for awhile, and that Sabrina isn't the constant judges darling who continously tops the leaderboard week after week. That gets old. And if/when she gets voted off and doesn't win, can they just call it a day and accept she doesn't have the fanbase? Not looking forward to the 3 stooges tomorrow.

Gilles and Apolo are my picks for the finals; not sure who I'd go with for 3rd place. I expect Shawn and Sabrina to go extremely far, possibly making the finals, or just falling short. Kirstie isn't the strongest dancer, nor does she have the 'surprise week 1 breakout' like she had her season, when most people expected her to fall flat on her face. She and Maks will no doubt have the fans (I'm voting for them), so I think she'll go relatively far. For those that don't like either one of that duo, it'll probably get old, but that's why it's vote for your favorite dancer.

I think Bristol, Kelly, Pam, and Helio will be among the first to go. Great dancing aside, I think Melissa is going to be an early exit as well. I don't think she'll have the fan support this time. And I don't think charm and personality will work for someone like Helio when he's got competition in that department, and stronger dancers to compete against. Emmitt and Drew will go out after those guys, and then Joey. I do think it'll be more of a male dominated show, and by week 7 or 8 there will likely be only one girl left. Not how I want it to go, but that's a guess on my part. I'd go with Bristol or Pam for a possible first boot, but, like I said, I don't want to get excited about Bristol being booted early in case it doesn't happen.

FORT Fogey

karalott said:

" Emmitt and Drew will go out after those guys, and then Joey. I do think it'll be more of a male dominated show, and by week 7 or 8 there will likely be only one girl left. Not how I want it to go, but that's a guess on my part"

I'm afraid the guys in this slate of contestants are going to be heavily favored as well. Is it possible to avoid to such an outcome that the producers early on do something like eliminate one on one (guy to gal) to try to keep it more even? I don't know how they might do such a thing, but I think they have to see the odds are stacked in the guys' favor.

Did Bristol look like that in her first season? Don't even recognize her.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm thinking it's gonna be a Gilles-Apolo-Sabrina final. Joey, Shawn and Melissa will be 4-5-6, not in that order.

I'm so happy for Louis! He said something interesting -- "I can already see that we're gonna go with the nitty-gritty stuff!" Makes you wonder if part of the reason he's never had a winner is that he's held back too much on choreography if he thought his partner couldn't handle it.

Early exits will be Bristol, Pam and Kirstie. Drew will be this season's Injury Case (always working wounded), although Melissa may take that crown again too -- she always finds a way to get banged up somehow.

I could watch Apolo in those jeans all day long...
    If you add Emmit and Helio to the mix. I think we might have a couple of the guys leave before the women.( maybe one of those surprise eliminations they are so fond of) If not, thats a heck of a lot of testosterone staying around
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    karalott said:

" Emmitt and Drew will go out after those guys, and then Joey. I do think it'll be more of a male dominated show, and by week 7 or 8 there will likely be only one girl left. Not how I want it to go, but that's a guess on my part"

I'm afraid the guys in this slate of contestants are going to be heavily favored as well. Is it possible to avoid to such an outcome that the producers early on do something like eliminate one on one (guy to gal) to try to keep it more even? I don't know how they might do such a thing, but I think they have to see the odds are stacked in the guys' favor.
    I don't know of any eliminations like that coming up; the only time I remember them doing that was for the first elimination in season 6. I do know that there's going to be double eliminations at some point this season (Conrad Green had said because of the election, some weeks wouldn't have eliminations), but he didn't say that they'd be one guy and one girl. I suppose if the girls are getting picked off one by one, which I think will happen, then they might do that. Shawn and Kirstie will likely have very strong fanbases, and they're each partnered with two very popular pros, which will only help. Sabrina is the only other girl I see making the final 6. I think Gilles and Apolo are golden for a long time. How the other guys fare is anyone's guess. Drew, Helio, and Emmitt are very sweet guys who have a lot of charm and enthusiasm. Plus, Emmitt is a football player, so never count those guys out. I think Joey Fatone could possibly be the surprise early elimination, just because I think he'll get lost in the shuffle.

For Tony's sake, I wouldn't mind Melissa doing well. He'll probably be back to his usual dud next season. But I also won't care if she's gone early.

So, if the scoring wasn't already screwy enough, apparently they're added half points to the scores:

Daily News Releases

"Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars" Premieres Tonight, Monday, September 24 at 8:00 p.m., ET on ABC
    Beginning tonight on the premiere episode of "Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars," the judges will be able to award whole and half points up to 10 (for example, 8.5, 9, 9.5) to accommodate and reflect the higher degrees of difficulty and nuances in performance that this season's All-Stars will bring to the dance floor.

+ Reply to Thread