+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I'm ticked they are giving Tristan another dud. I'm itching to see him with someone who is s contender
    Well, I wouldn't call Pam a dud. She lasted 6 weeks with Damian who was completely new. Tristan is now better known and very well liked.

None of that means anything because I don't see a woman being in the Top4, or even Top 6. If there is it could be Shawn or Kirstie.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I had the same thought with regard to Kelly and Val - and I thought she was the one we were sure about. She was on season 1 and my guess is she is not one of the more popular stars out there. Plus she was on before it got crazy with multiple dances, etc. I was really hoping Val would stick around longer this time, but seeing this I am concerned that he will be an early exit.
    Never underestimate a GH fan's ability to rig an online voting poll, LOL! I am partly kidding, but not really. Diehard online soap fans know every trick in the book to vote for their faves in magazine polls, contests, etc. many many times. GH fans are especially adept at this, even if they don't end up watching the show. Same deal happened last time with people not even watching but voting incessantly. imo, that is why she won her season, not because she was an underdog.

I think she'll stick around for a bit, but ultimately she will go home sooner than later I think.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post
    Never underestimate a GH fan's ability to rig an online voting poll, LOL! I am partly kidding, but not really. Diehard online soap fans know every trick in the book to vote for their faves in magazine polls, contests, etc. many many times. GH fans are especially adept at this, even if they don't end up watching the show. Same deal happened last time with people not even watching but voting incessantly. imo, that is why she won her season, not because she was an underdog.

I think she'll stick around for a bit, but ultimately she will go home sooner than later I think.
    Didn't quite work out for Jack Wagner did it?

Once upon a time ago, Frisco was the IT factor on that show. This one, apparently not. He wasn't even as bad as others who shall not be named.
    jucamer likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Didn't quite work out for Jack Wagner did it?

Once upon a time ago, Frisco was the IT factor on that show. This one, apparently not. He wasn't even as bad as others who shall not be named.
    True. However, GH in its current form was turned into nothing but Mobville USA, and most fans of "old-school" GH were ran off. If you talk to a lot of current viewers, they have no clue who Frisco even is beyond some vague idea that he's Maxie's dad. The only people the majority of the masses online who are left seem to care about are the mob boss, his hitman, and the hitman's wife. The latter is played by Kelly, who has a very dedicated online fanbase and they use that to win her endless mag polls and such. I like her a lot as an actress actually, but I've seen what goes on because of that.

Again, I absolutely do not think she'll win, but she will stick around a bit, IMO.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Looking at my TV listings I saw that Sabrina Bryan is going to be on GMA this week (tomorrow I believe?) and they labeled her 'DWTS Sabrina Bryan' (I feel like she's made it her career, but is that really all she's known for anymore?). Wonder if that's foreshadowing to what's probably inevitable, her getting voted back in.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Looking at my TV listings I saw that Sabrina Bryan is going to be on GMA this week (tomorrow I believe?) and they labeled her 'DWTS Sabrina Bryan' (I feel like she's made it her career, but is that really all she's known for anymore?). Wonder if that's foreshadowing to what's probably inevitable, her getting voted back in.
    Interesting, Kara. I was hoping for Carson but I didn't vote so I guess I can't complain. I think I'm just going to go into my little happy place and wait for Emmitt at this point.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I thought all three of them were on GMA this week?

Oh, Lord GOD, I HOPE not!!!!!!!!!
    Florimel and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I saw Sabrina on GMA yesterday, and she was there to campaign for votes. Kyle is supposed to be on today to do the same, and Carson tomorrow. (I may have switched that, so apologies if so!)

Of the three, I want Kyle on. I would love Carson too, even though he'd be an early boot. No use for Sabrina. She was as irritating to me yesterday as I remember her being before.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I only saw Sabrina in the listing, so I'm glad all 3 were there. It's bad enough that DWTS can't get over her "most shocking elimination ever!", but I would have been even more annoyed and kind of irked if she was the only one who got to do GMA before the voting was done. I don't see Sabrina making the finals, unless they do a WTA dance. I'm guessing it'll be an all male finals (second time ever I believe). Kyle got my votes. I love Carson, and vote for him to come back during results shows and perform (or he can still take over for Brooke. Or even CA and Bruno). But he won't last, and I adored Kyle during his season. Plus, Kyle could dance better in his original season than Carson could probably ever hope to. He was a ton of fun, too.

I never thought Pamela was a dud. Sure, she wasn't the strongest dancer, but it surprised me that she landed in the bottom 2 as often as she did. Unless she just wasn't what the core audience wanted to root for. Of course, Niecy brought the comedy, Nicole and Evan were ringers, Erin had a backstory and showmance. Chad just had a lot of fan support, I guess. So she had things going against her, plus a brand new pro (the only new pro that season, IIRC). Of course since Ashly hadn't been seen since season 3, I guess she was almost new, too. Speaking of Ashly, one thing I was hoping to see in the AS were some former pros returning. I know Edyta, Alec, and Jonathan have moved on, but there's still pros from the early days that I would have loved to have seen. I'm surprised that they didn't do more than the 13 couples for an AS show.

+ Reply to Thread