+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree629Likes

Thread: 5/22 DWTS 14 Finale Part 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/22 DWTS 14 Finale Part 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    By the time I got to watch the end of the show, most of you were probably already in bed (or hung over, given all of the wine being imbibed here last night).

It looked to me like Mark and Katherine knew before the final announcement that they had not won. She was looking gracious, but sad. He looked pissed.

However, Donald and Peta seemed genuinely surprised, and SO happy when their names were announced. They showed how winners should act - SHARING the trophy. Good on 'em.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that in Mark - it was also very telling they were cropping him out in the close up interviews in the cry room when Brooke would talk to Donald and Peta. You could see Cheryl and while I think she knew she wasn't probably going to win, she was gracious and smiled.

And yes, Katherine was a class act start to end. I wish she had been paired up with Derek if she was going to get one of the "Judge's Faves" dancers. Derek would've used her strengths more - just like he did Maria (that was a truly hot tango he and Maria did. Looked almost like both were pros).
    karalott, ness, Tobi and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Why would they want to repeat with "controversial" contestants? These are some that made me stop watching this show. I did enjoy the beginning of this season, they actually got some stars! I came back for the finale and am thrilled for Donald and Peta - didn't want another repeat pro to win.
    Excellent question. I asked the same thing when Tom announced that, in addition to the winners and fan favorites, etc., some controversial folks would be returning. I don't care how much drama these types bring along with them, not many DWTS fans wanted to see them in the first place. This season was so nice without the reality show dreck (those folks are a breed of egomaniacal, narcissistic, untalented creatures unto themselves) and political types. I would hate to see an AS edition ruined by their presence.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that in Mark - it was also very telling they were cropping him out in the close up interviews in the cry room when Brooke would talk to Donald and Peta. You could see Cheryl and while I think she knew she wasn't probably going to win, she was gracious and smiled.

And yes, Katherine was a class act start to end. I wish she had been paired up with Derek if she was going to get one of the "Judge's Faves" dancers. Derek would've used her strengths more - just like he did Maria (that was a truly hot tango he and Maria did. Looked almost like both were pros).
    I guess I will have to re-watch again as I had missed that completely. My initial reaction was that none of them had a clue. I couldn't agree more about Maria and Derek's hot tango.
    Tobi likes this.

I dont think they knew at all. Everyone will read what they want into the end. They didn't have clue. Kudos to Mark and Katherine making it to F2. and to Mark for congratulating DD right way

Katherine was very emotional all night .So was Peta, she was in tears as they left the last rehearsal

It was good to see everyone back. Others should have gone home before Roshon and Jaleel. Both those guys can really dance, but then its more about popularity than dance.

good season
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Donald's Baby daughter was having none of all that noise. I think it scared the poor girl. I am so glad he won.
    karalott, ness, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

The outcome wasn't in question, so for me the show was anti-climatic.

As for Katherine, she could never overcome Donald's fans even if she was twice as good as Donald. She should be proud to have finished second, especially considering that she had a partner that limits her votes. But I have to give Mark credit for her success, both for his dance instruction and fact that he started off the season in his new "less annoying" mode--had he started the season in "full annoying" mode Katherine very well may have been eliminated in the early weeks before she developed a following.

Since I didn't have a favorite in the F3 my thoughts have already shifted to the producer's plan to go with "full annoying" in the fall season. Watching this show is like paying someone to hit you with a rubber chicken--why do we do it? Is anyone else sick knowing that they are going to hate the fall season but would never think of missing it?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Did they have design a dance this season or did I sleep through it???
    It was last week. Tristan/Chelsie were the pros that won.

Is anyone else sick knowing that they are going to hate the fall season but would never think of missing it?
    Absolutely!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The three finalists were exactly the three I wanted to see in the finals and I thought they were all deserving of a win.

As a football fan, I've always liked Donald Driver and congrats to him. He behaved like a true gentleman all the way thorugh.

I also loved William Levy, who worked very hard and entertained me all the way through. I had no problem with the sensuality of his dances; I remember some of the moves Derek has done with his partners (Joanna Krupa comes to mind). Those dances were consistent with who he is. He certainly had as difficult and painful a childhood as Donald to overcome.

I was pleased that Katharine didn't win only because Mark is the last pro I want to see with a trophy. I found her charming and talented and saw nothing fake or cold about her. I adore her vocal talent as much as I adore Gladys', whose performance last night was perhaps the hihhlight of the whole show.
    DancingDad and AZChristian like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I wish they would do a season of say favorite Pro with their biggest fan. Now that would excite me. Maks though would probably need a bodyguard.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread