What no Lambeau Leap? C'mon!

Way to go, #80!!!
    Ya done Packer Nation proud!
    TIA__MA likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/22 DWTS 14 Finale Part 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

I thought this year's finale seemed more subdued than others. It could be that I felt that way since I didn't think the season was all it was cracked up to be in the end, even though it started off great. But it didn't seem that they spent much time mingling with the booted contestants as they did in the past, there wasn't a lot of alumni sweep in the audience like we usually get for finales (I saw Kyle, Laila, Carson, and Tom said Emmitt was there). There didn't seem to be a lot of the usual finale filler, either, just a lot of montages and contestant pep talks. We used to get the overdone finale numbers with former contestants, but it seemed like most came back and just performed a dance they had done earlier in the season (which I didn't mind, but IIRC, it seems the past few years, the contestants all did some brand new dance number). We saw a lot of the troupe this season, so I won't be surprised if a few of them are moved up to pro status; if not next season, then in the spring. They may want to break the newbies in in an AS edition where they can really test the water and maybe get partnered with someone that was a huge fan favorite before.

I watched Donald and Peta on Kimmel, who appeared via satellite. Jimmy took partial credit for Donald's win, since he bet on him, and feels all 3 won theh trophy, even if he doesn't get one He also said he's a regular "nostra-dance-maus" who was bitten as a kid by a "radioactive Tom Bergeron". He brought up that Peta won the mirrorball in only her second season, and that Maks must be ticked. I think it was just an innocent comment on Jimmy's part, but given the rumors of those 2 dating, I think Peta took it as a dig in at those. Donald's said Peta's going to help him choreograph a new touchdown dance. Not surprisingly, when asked the biggest difference between Metta World Peace and Donald, she simply said it was night and day. Jimmy was surprised she answered honestly.

Next season, I want to see Mark get a another celebrity who is physically fit like the Brit. My favorite choreographer/pro dancer is Mark. Then maybe Lindsey. Then Cheryl.

The celebrities this season were AWESOME! In reflection I want to applaud Melissa Gilbert who is my age and bust her a$$ to perform. Also my favorite was the Disney guy who was also AWESOME.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    We saw a lot of the troupe this season, so I won't be surprised if a few of them are moved up to pro status; if not next season, then in the spring. They may want to break the newbies in in an AS edition where they can really test the water and maybe get partnered with someone that was a huge fan favorite before.
    Or, if they really are bringing back some "controversial" contestants (I can't bring myself to call them stars), then they could stick them with the newbies because the veteran pros would probably refuse to submit to the torture of having to work with them again.
    karalott, jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fogey

Why would they want to repeat with "controversial" contestants? These are some that made me stop watching this show. I did enjoy the beginning of this season, they actually got some stars! I came back for the finale and am thrilled for Donald and Peta - didn't want another repeat pro to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    What no Lambeau Leap? C'mon!

Way to go, #80!!!
    Ya done Packer Nation proud!
    No leap. But there was a roll.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Did they have design a dance this season or did I sleep through it???

Yea dd!!!!
    karalott and ness like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

By the time I got to watch the end of the show, most of you were probably already in bed (or hung over, given all of the wine being imbibed here last night).

It looked to me like Mark and Katherine knew before the final announcement that they had not won. She was looking gracious, but sad. He looked pissed.

However, Donald and Peta seemed genuinely surprised, and SO happy when their names were announced. They showed how winners should act - SHARING the trophy. Good on 'em.
    ness, TIA__MA, jadewarlock and 3 others like this.

Congratulations to Donald and Peta for winning the MBT.

I can't tell you how nervous and happy I was waiting for Tom to say who had won. I was shocked, but thought William did deserve 3rd. At the same time to see his little boy start crying tugged at my heart. I am sure he thought his daddy would win after hearing the crowd go wild week after week. He is much too young to understand why they were screaming, but I am sure he thought it was a good thing. Katherine deserved second and I thought she might even win. She was an excellent dancer. Katherine showed such class when congratulating Donald and Peta. I could not help, but notice that Max was right over their congratulating Peta while Donald's family were celebrating with him. Seeing how happy Donald was along with his family just continued the joy that Donald gave to me during the season.

Seeing all the eliminated ones do their routine was great. The ones that stood out for me was Maria and Derek doing their beautiful AT. Even though I loved it the first time - last night it was even better as I think Derek's back and Maria's injuries had healed enough to allow for the improvement. I still would have loved to see Maria in the top 3 over William, but that is just me.

How much fun was Sherri's "It's Raining Men". I don't think you could possibly see a happier girl and I bet many would have loved to have been her.

I always enjoyed Roshon and thought he was a great dancer. To see him and Chelsie do their freestyle which included cha cha, contemporary and hip hop was original and so enjoyable.

I also enjoyed the "Shaft" number with Jaleel - very fitting for him and great choreography. I think there was a bit of a problem with a lift, but who cared.

I wonder if I was the only one with tears in my eyes when Gladys sang the tribute to the three finalists? Nobody can quite sing a song like Gladys - she is a classic.

I have no idea what the AS will bring, but some of it doesn't make sense as why would you bring past winners, celebs who may have come in 2nd or 3rd and then the dreaded controversial celebs. I already read something about Kate Gosselin being asked back. The dreaded two for me would be Kate and Bristol Palin. I know we don't know everything yet, but sounds very confusing and not sure how they would make it work or why call it AS? AS for me would include people who could dance and may have finished 2nd or 3rd or those that showed wonderful potential, but left far too early. I don't know how it would change for the ones who left too early as I would think the same could happen. On the plus side those that I have heard rumors that may return and may be in talks are Mario Lopez, Mel B and Kyle Massey. Those are some that I would love to see back again.

In closing I just want to say that I have enjoyed my first season with all of you who follow the show and have enjoyed reading all your comments. Hope to see you in the fall.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 05-23-2012 at 11:26 AM.
    karalott, ness, TIA__MA and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread