+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 5/21 DWTS 14 Finale Part I Show **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/21 DWTS 14 Finale Part I Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Something about Peta I just do not like. Cheryl is getting stale and complacent with her freestyles and choreography overall. I like Donald a lot, and Katherine, but neither of their pros at all so either winning would be the same to me.
    karalott likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    I think Cheryl went for the "sexy" factor and is expecting to win based on that. Maybe she needs to stop getting partners like this, because I think it's done a disservice to William. I mean, sure, he's in the finals, but the way the judges and screaming fangirls have been going at him this season, he probably would have made it with anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders
    William seems like a nice guy, but Cheryl seems to get stuck in the whole "sexy" thing so much that she can't seem to expand out. I agree to play to his strengths, but he was way more talented and capable than she gave him dances for. He still might get second place from his fans. He did well tonight and has made American fans like him with his backstory.
    This is a huge factor as to why I've been watching very sporadically this season. I have two pre-teen/teen daughters and the way Cheryl has dealt with with William is not something I want them to see, really. I teach them to not let men treat them that way, and I don't want them to think it's ok to treat a man that way either. It's just insulting.
    I understand it's just a entertainment competition show, but I find when they reduce the dancing to 'all about sex', it's kind of embarassing and degrading. JMO. And to this point, I've liked Cheryl fine. It's just kind of stupid.
    karalott, KatesMom and Jaceegirl like this.

I agree about Peta. She does always make it about her, but DD is just so awesome that somehow he has managed to shine despite that fact. The only dance I felt the the entire spotlight was truly on him was when he did the trio jive!

And I still like Cheryl, but it's like she doesn't just let loose and have fun anymore in her freestyles. The last one Ive liked from her was her one with Emmitt! And I mean, of course Drew's

ETA: Peta reminds me a lot of Edyta when she dances. I never really cared for her choreography cause it seemed always about her.

That being said, I like Peta, she just needs to wake up and realize you need showcase your star more than yourself!

DD and PETA FTW!
    karalott likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Ok why did Katherine have those shoes on that looked like nursing shoes on? it was distracting her feet looked like rythmic tic tacs, lol
    Bahahaha! Thanks for the belly laugh. And for hitting the nail squarely on the head. Those shoes were completely distracting to her dancing, even moreso than her partner, this dance.

There was a really nice mention of Donald on the (Houston) news tonight, since he's from here originally. Everybody's really pulling for him. That freestyle knocked my socks off. If Donald doesn't win this thing, there truly is no justice.

I thought Peta was awesome and proved why she deserves a place as a pro on DWTS. She showcased Donald's talent and went way off the charts on difficulty points for their freestyle, which Donald handled beautifully. The other two paled by comparison.
    karalott, MsDiva2007 and Jaceegirl like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Just a couple of points:

1. Katherine and Mark's free IMHO did NOT deserve a 30. At most - a 29, for a three-way tie. They were out of sync (more so than Donald and Peta), and more glaring on top of it. I really think they're pushing for them to win this season.

2. I have to disagree - to a point - about Peta's choreography being focused on her more. I tended to go to Donald's dancing more than hers, and saw her a little bit more as a ragdoll being tossed around (though this is a compliment because she did it beautifully and perfectly in her lifts).

That said, if people are noticing this Peta needs to work on it so we do not have a female Mark type dancer. ALL the dancers - even the multiple winning ones, are better than that.

Honestly out of the final three, I would like to see Donald and Peta win. They had by far the best free, they have been pushed back a lot in favor of the "fave" pros and yet still press on and do well, and have been overall fun to watch.

I think it'll sadly be Mark and Katherine and they'll try to do what they can to guarantee this scenario so Mark ties Derek for most wins (which then I'll go "just say this is Dancing with the Pros" and be done with it).
    karalott, Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I always compare her freestyles to SAHRAC with Drew Lachey, and this one pales in comparison.
    I do too. That was one of my favorite freestyle dances ever
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I'm rooting for Donald. I really think he's the best too. The favortism for Catherine is just embarrassing IMO. I guess the extra dance tonight is another way for the judges to ensure they can pick the winner and not the fans. I can't stand it. Every year I say I can't take it anymore and then I go back. I really hope they will either get new judges or I can walk away and not watch them anymore.
    BTW, karalott and Jaceegirl like this.

Went out for dinner last night so I only saw the show...could not hear it. Catherine's white shoes...what was up with that? Since I couldn't hear anything what was the reason for that? That dance was all Mark dancing/showing off with Catherine as the back drop.

What pro is there/has there been when the freestyle is NOT all about them?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm rooting for Donald. I really think he's the best too. The favortism for Catherine is just embarrassing IMO. I guess the extra dance tonight is another way for the judges to ensure they can pick the winner and not the fans. I can't stand it. Every year I say I can't take it anymore and then I go back. I really hope they will either get new judges or I can walk away and not watch them anymore.
    ITA with your entire post.

I'm honestly going to try and stay away from reality tv. Between the Celebrity Apprentice result and what I think is going to happen tonight I'm just....done. Subjective contests are so darn frustrating.

That said, I still hope that somehow Donald can pull out a win.
    karalott, Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.

I though all three remaining couples did a bang up job. I also agree for the most part with the scoring by Len. Here are my thoughts on the dances:

William and Cheryl Cha Cha - This dance was the best cha cha of the season. It was full of content and well executed.

Katherine and Mark Paso Doble - I was happy to see that they got traditional Paso Doble music and that Mark choreographed a traditional Paso to the music. Mark did do a little bit of over-dancing, but the Paso is a man's dance and therefore he should be providing a lot of the content. Katherine executed her elements beautifully.

Donald and Peta Argentine Tango - To me this was the weakest of the first three dances. Donald's lifts are wonderful. He is the strongest lifter on the floor. The problem I had with the routine is that Donald's posture in closed tango hold is not good. He is always slightly slumped forward. For that reason I thought it deserved the 9 Len gave it.

William & Cheryl Freestyle -
    For me this dance was underwhelming. It really didn't have a lot of content. It was more a rehash of the cha cha with some lifts. I expect more out of a freestyle and would have liked to see William push the boundaries more into different areas of dance. I thought it deserved the 9 it got from Len.

Katherine and Mark Freestyle - Wow, that had content. Katherine flowed through several different dance styles seamlessly. I had expected them to do something that was slower and showed off more of Katherine's line, but the fast choreography instead showed off her power and stamina. I noticed the shoes but they didn't bother me. Maybe they were trying not to re-injure her back.

Donald and Peta Freestyle - WOW, that was great. Donald definitely earned his tens on that one. It looked like that is the style of dance that Donald is more comfortable with. Maybe he is a country music fan. The music really seemed to energize him.

I thought that this was the best overall final round I have ever seen on this show. I would not be disappointed with any of these contestants taking home the mirror ball. In most seasons any one of them would easily be the best.
    ilja and Fanny Mare like this.

+ Reply to Thread