+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: 5/14 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/14 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Thanks FM, I see you copied what I posted before I changed it to read William being hot, hot, although Donald is too, but in that sentence I was supposed to be talking about William.
    oops sorry Jaceegirl ! .The thing is with William, he is so nice, he really is, I cannot dislike him.Same goes for all of the final 4 .they are right where they belong
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I predict Maria for the win. Derek will choreograph an amazing freestyle and that will bring them all the way home! Cheryl's freestyles have bene "iffy" ... great with Drew, awful with Gilles, and Peta is an unknown for freestyles. I can only go by the fact that I haven't been overly impressed with her choreography. She's new and will probably improve in the future.
    Donald is my pick to win (if I haven't already said that enough ), and Maria my distant second pick. William's sort of the 'eh, better than the alternative' winner. I'm surprised so many people think Katherine is going home. Prior to her injury, I thought she was a shoo-in for the finals. Getting injured seemed to bring out people to vote for the first time (or so they say) for Katherine. I'm still calling Maria or Donald leaving. Tony was on GMA yesterday morning, and said he thought one of the girls would be going home. What might save Maria is Derek's fanbase. I don't know what type of fanbase Maria has, although she is more high profile compared to some stars, so I have to think she had a decent size fanbase of her own. I've enjoyed Maria. Derek has had weeks where he's gotten into the showboating/mugging territory, and I feel like some of his choreography has been a let down. Their jive was not a jive and totally overscored. I can't say that I've ever really enjoyed Derek's freestyles, but I've said before that round isn't what it's hyped up to be for me. Cheryl back with Drew and Emmitt, Julianne, Kym and Maks with Erin's contemporary number were my favorites.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

For the first time, I am nervous about tonight. I like all of the final four, but agree that last night wasn't as exciting as it could or should have been. I think for me, the one outstanding performance was Katherine's Quick Step. I really think every one of them should make the finals, for various reasons. It really will be up to the fans and their votes, I really can't pick one who I want to leave.
    karalott likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    For the first time, I am nervous about tonight. I like all of the final four, but agree that last night wasn't as exciting as it could or should have been. I think for me, the one outstanding performance was Katherine's Quick Step. I really think every one of them should make the finals, for various reasons. It really will be up to the fans and their votes, I really can't pick one who I want to leave.
    I could not agree more.I am a little nervous for all of them tonight.You know that someone has to go, and yet you hate to see them go. Or you hate to see them upset after so much hard work..
    -Andy Rooney-

My hope for final two will be Donald and William. I think Katharine is completely classy and I love opera, but her problems last night did not warrant a final two for me. No question Maria dances well, but her samba and her jive were not a samba nor a jive, which puts her out of the running for me.
    karalott likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

It could be those two. I am not a huge William fan, his footwork has often been sloppy. Actually some of Donald's has been as well. If its between those two.I hope Donald wins.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Donald's posture is the worst I've ever seen on this show. If he wins, I'll be upset. Well, for 5 minutes. I want William to win because I think he and Katherine are the best dancers, easily, but I don't think she has enough fan support. And I like William's dancing just a smidge more than Katherine's, and I'd rather see Cheryl win than Mark, because I'm tired of the golden teacher-pet boys getting all the breaks.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I think Katherine will be going home tonight. She is a classy person and I will continue to be a fan of hers. I think she has had a terrific run. I think she would have done better partnered with Tristan, but that is water under the bridge. I think she has accomplished her unstated goal of building a fan base here in the USA. I don't have a crystal ball, but that is my prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    If Tristan were her partner, she may have gotten my votes.
    I don't know that I see Katherine, or any of the season 14 celebs who have a day job, returning for an AS edition. But if she does, I hope they give her to Tristan. Obviously, if Sabrina is back, she'll probably go to Mark, even though I'd tolerate her and the robbed-complex slightly better with someone else. But I really loved the trio dance when Katherine danced with Mark and Tristan. She and Tristan seemed lovely together. She doesn't seem to dislike Mark in any regard, but since I find her forgettable and void of a personality (as nice and lovely as she seems), I don't know I would with someone else. Tristan did wonders with Nancy, no easy task, and made Gladys look classy and great, considering she wasn't the best. That's one thing I'm not going to like an AS edition, if they pair pros and one of their former celebs, but I kind of doubt that'll happen. So if they bring Tristan back for the AS show, hopefully he gets someone good.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-15-2012 at 08:03 PM.
    Elsa66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post
    I think Donald's posture is the worst I've ever seen on this show. If he wins, I'll be upset. Well, for 5 minutes. I want William to win because I think he and Katherine are the best dancers, easily, but I don't think she has enough fan support. And I like William's dancing just a smidge more than Katherine's, and I'd rather see Cheryl win than Mark, because I'm tired of the golden teacher-pet boys getting all the breaks.
    I see it as the couple wining, not just the pro. But, each to their own. Those remaining, I am looking at the celeb, and if I like that celeb, I will vote for them. Its good that we all like someone different, how boring it would be if we all liked and thought the same
    ilja likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I do like Donald a lot, as a person. Heck, I love him! It's just the ticky thing about his neck/head placement. But then, my favorite is William, and sometimes he's pigeon toed. Nowhere near as bad as some, like Psycho Mike Catherwood - I honestly don't know how he managed to walk, let alone dance. So realizing that Donald's probably got this in the bag, and deservedly so I guess, because he's extremely lovable, and William is sort of shy and tongue-tied and Katherine's a bit posh or prissy or something, despite her recent emotional breakdown - anyway, I think it's Donald for sure, with probably Katherine 3rd. And that's ok. It's nice to have different pros win, and I have a selfish goal in having Tristan on S15 - they'll probably not want Peta to lose her momentum as one of the successful breakout newbies either, so more fuel to the fire for brand new pro assignments for our returning all-stars.

I do think it would add a new interesting element to the show, having the previous stars with new pros. And it wouldn't really be fair for SOME of the returning stars to have the same pros and yet not others. I also get the feeling they want to promote one or more of the troupe, esp. after the trios: Sasha, Henry, maybe Sharna or Emma. Hey, works for me, but then I have a major bias in wanting Tristan back. If he's not, I'm skipping the season - too painful - and I'm not all that keen on a re-run of past stars anyway. The only one I have the faintest desire to see again is Gilles, but that's not enough to motivate me if Tristan is skipped over.

+ Reply to Thread