+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: 5/14 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 5/14 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I didn't watch the show last night, but I did watch Katherine's salsa when I heard that she was injured, just to see what happened. She looked really uncomfortable throughout the entire dance - tentative steps, and the few times she smiled seemed to be when she remembered she was supposed to look like she was having fun.

There was no way that dance was a 9 - especially when you consider they probably marked her down for not ending it correctly.

This is IMHO: For her to keep apologizing for (a) being injured, and/or (b) letting Mark down is an indication to me that she has some odd issues going on inside herself. Any well-adjusted adult should realize that accidents/injuries happen, and the main thing is in recovering physically, not worrying about whether someone else will be upset because the injured person didn't do their best.
    karalott likes this.

Maria and Derek. Maria doesnít have the perfect posture or flowing lines of Katherine, but I like her dances the best. Her dances simply put a smile on my face. As someone mentioned, she has the ďIT factorĒ that others are missing. Each week she seems to be on the verge of messing up but does better than expected. I donít think she has the fan votes of William or Donald but one canít count out Derek at this stage of the game.
    I vote online for these two. I can never get through on the phone. She does have that IT factor.I think they have lots of fan votes, she is that likable. Looking back, she is definitely most improved!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Speaking of Gilles - I'm surprised no one has mentioned that for the last two weeks, he has been featured in a commercial, dancing. He still has his line.
    karalott likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

For me this was a disappointing semi-final. No one really knocked it out of the park last night. I have to agree with Mak's blog. It has become more about the performance than it is about the dances being competed. Some of the performances were top notch, but they lacked the dance content. The reason the dance content is there is so that you can compare the same steps done by one person to another person. This lets you rate dance technique. The performance is important too, but I lament the lack of content. Len is the only judge that comments on the lack of content. CA and Bruno completely ignore it (except for CA and her stupid lift comments).

Except for Katherine's slip at the end I thought that all the celebs were equal tonight. They all deserved 9's. I didn't see any 10 performances. I thought Katherine's salsa could have been on the way to a 10 except for her unfortunate back spasm at the end. I truly hope she's OK. Back spasms are very painful, but as long as they are not chronic you can recover all right.

I think Katherine will be going home tonight. She is a classy person and I will continue to be a fan of hers. I think she has had a terrific run. I think she would have done better partnered with Tristan, but that is water under the bridge. I think she has accomplished her unstated goal of building a fan base here in the USA. I don't have a crystal ball, but that is my prediction.

I think the mirror ball is up for grabs at this point, with everyone remaining having a shot at winning. Katherine was the strongest dancer technically, but I think she will be gone. The remaining three are all on equal footing technically and each have different strengths that will determine the final outcome. I don't think the final outcome will be based on dance quality. I think Donald has the inside track because of his fan base and if I had to put money on a winner this is where it would go.
    Last edited by DancingDad; 05-15-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    karalott, JunkieGirl and Alexxxx like this.

I think Katherine will be going home tonight
    She was so embarrassed last night, and her manners are wonderful The fact she said sorry to her partner to Tom to the other judges, just shows how classy she is.She didn't want all the fuss.( even in pain) ) She isn't like that.If she goes home tonight, I am so happy she danced for us. Really happy. She is classy all the way.I only hope she comes back to DWTS to sing, because that Katherine has been put on the back burner, and she has finally let herself go. Someone posted she was mugging- heaven forbid she enjoyed herself, after being depressed for awhile. I am. and always will be fan of this young lady with the incredible voice!

Well done Katherine !
    J.D., Florimel, DancingDad and 2 others like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

For me last night was a bit lack luster. I saw some mistakes here and there for all the dancers. IMO I would still love to see Donald and Maria as the F2.

William
    While William may be very likeable as a person I think out of the remaining four dancers the over pimping of him has probably turned me off from him. I still do not see chemistry between Cheryl and him and others may disagree, but I still think Cheryl over leads when dancing with him. I saw this during the tango and found William to be a bit heavy footed. During their samba I was surprised that Len did not call them out for messing about and excessive gyration as he has in the past, but what can I say. What Bruno and Carrie Ann said is just what I expected from them.

Katherine
    While I am sad that Katherine was hurt during the dance and especially anything to do with the back, it hits very close to home as I live with chronic pain because of my back. I would not wish back pain on anyone. Because of that very reason of having my own very bad spell now, I have not been able to read what everyone else has said, but wanted to add my comments from last night. Besides that incident I saw a few others little mistakes, but as I mentioned all of them had a few. The one thing for me is that she has always lacked emotion with her dancing. She is technically a beautiful dancer, but for me there is more to dancing than just the technical aspect. I saw a few slipups in the beginning during the quick step and seemed a bit tentative. I thought during the salsa even before the accident she just looked uncomfortable. I also did not see a lot of content during this dance. In parts I thought I was seeing a bit of Bollywood from last week's trio dance that Maria was part of.

Donald
    Donald has enough charisma for a football field and I still believe he will do fine in the voting department. Even though he has not scored a perfect 30 yet because of Len, I think all the football fanatics and dancing fans who just plain like Donald will not let him down. His waltz had chemistry, but because of the fog I can't say too much about his footwork. I think his posture has improved. I really enjoyed his samba. For me it was the only Latin dance that truly had a lot of content as well as a storyline, it was different and cute. It was not the typical just shake your bum and it's wonderful. I just love Donald's zest for life. How could anyone not like this man?

Maria
    Maria and Donald are the same for me. She may not quite have the technicality of Katherine, but what Maria brings forth is amazing chemistry between her and her partner. I look forward to watching her dance as she brings the fun element into it. I donít think their Argentine tango was as good as the paso doble that was done previously, but she did bring the chemistry. Her legs were soft and she did dance it cautiously, but again because of her injuries I am sure that was partly the reason. I loved the beginning when they were underneath the curtain. I expected her jive to have to be different because of her foot injuries, but Maria has demonstrated what it is like to work hard while dealing with very painful injuries. It might not have been a jive loaded with flicks and kicks, but it was done differently than most jives and I did enjoy it. I think it is because of the amazing chemistry and fun that Maria brings to any dance.

My final two - Donald and Maria. Both absolutely no background in dance and both connect with the crowd without focusing on just sex. IMO a person needs three things to be a great dancer. Rhythm, technique and personality. Donald and Maria have all three. I have no idea what will happen and exactly how many votes are casted for these people. I do think Donald will have no problem whatsoever. For Maria I am not sure what her fan base is. With William, I know a lot of people think he is hot, hot, hot so will Bruno and Carrie get their way? With Katherine another unknown for me. I guess we will see tonight. As always JMO.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 05-15-2012 at 02:36 PM.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I think Katherine will be going home tonight. She is a classy person and I will continue to be a fan of hers. I think she has had a terrific run. I think she would have done better partnered with Tristan, but that is water under the bridge. I think she has accomplished her unstated goal of building a fan base here in the USA. I don't have a crystal ball, but that is my prediction.
    If Tristan were her partner, she may have gotten my votes.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-15-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    karalott likes this.

Maria and Donald are the same for me. She may not quite have the technicality of Katherine, but what Maria brings forth is amazing chemistry between her and her partner. I look forward to watching her dance as she brings the fun element into it. I donít think their Argentine tango was as good as the paso doble that was done previously, but she did bring the chemistry. Her legs were soft and she did dance it cautiously, but again because of her injuries I am sure that was partly the reason. I loved the beginning when they were underneath the curtain. I expected her jive to have to be different because of her foot injuries, but Maria has demonstrated what it is like to work hard while dealing with very painful injuries. It might not have been a jive loaded with flicks and kicks, but it was done differently than most jives and I did enjoy it. I think it is because of the amazing chemistry and fun that Maria brings to any dance.

My final two - Donald and Maria. Both absolutely no background in dance and both connect with the crowd without focusing on just sex. IMO a person needs three things to be a great dancer. Rhythm, technique and personality. Donald and Maria have all three. I have no idea what will happen and exactly how many votes are casted for these people. I do think Donald will have no problem whatsoever. For Maria I am not sure what her fan base is. With Donald I know a lot of people think he is hot, hot, hot so will Bruno and Carrie get their way? With Katherine another unknown for me. I guess we will see tonight. As always JMO.
    I am so happy you posted! love reading what you have to say.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Thanks FM, I see you copied what I posted before I changed it to read William being hot, hot, although Donald is too, but in that sentence I was supposed to be talking about William.

FORT Fogey

I predict Maria for the win. Derek will choreograph an amazing freestyle and that will bring them all the way home! Cheryl's freestyles have bene "iffy" ... great with Drew, awful with Gilles, and Peta is an unknown for freestyles. I can only go by the fact that I haven't been overly impressed with her choreography. She's new and will probably improve in the future.

+ Reply to Thread