+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: 5/14 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/14 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

I am so sorry Katharine is hurt.

I hope she's OK.

We'll hear something tomorrow, I'm sure.
    karalott and ilja like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post

I hope she's OK.

They have already tweeted ness , she had a back spasm. I thought it was that.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I hope she's OK.

I just hope they don't drag it out. I like the fact that they haven't done that this season, as they've done in the past. Especially when the press usually already reports it before the show even airs. Just say what's wrong and be done with it.

Really curious what'll happen tomorrow with the results. I do hope Katherine is okay as well. As I mentioned before, I hate seeing anyone have to leave do to an injury, whether it be the pro or a contestant. Obviously the pro can come back, but this is likely it for these 4 (unless an AS edition does happen and they're included, but I somehow doubt it).
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They have already tweeted ness , she had a back spasm. I thought it was that.
    Thanks, Fanny!

Glad to know it wasn't something more serious!

As much as she was shakin' what her momma gave her, though, somehow, I'm not too surprised!
    Last edited by ness; 05-15-2012 at 03:12 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I just hope they don't drag it out. I like the fact that they haven't done that this season, as they've done in the past. Especially when the press usually already reports it before the show even airs. Just say what's wrong and be done with it.

Really curious what'll happen tomorrow with the results. I do hope Katherine is okay as well. As I mentioned before, I hate seeing anyone have to leave do to an injury, whether it be the pro or a contestant. Obviously the pro can come back, but this is likely it for these 4 (unless an AS edition does happen and they're included, but I somehow doubt it).
    I just happen to be a cream puff in that whatever I feel about someone as a DANCER on this show (good, bad, or indifferent), I do NOT want to see ANYONE get hurt.

Ever.

Shoot, I would've been concerned/worried if MASTER P (Yeah, that surly SOB!) had sustained an injury when HE was on, OK?

Just one of my shoot-from-the-keyboard thoughts, for that second.
    Last edited by ness; 05-15-2012 at 03:09 AM.
    karalott and KatesMom like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I just happen to be a cream puff in that whatever I feel about someone as a DANCER on this show (good, bad, or indifferent), I do NOT want to see ANYONE get hurt.

Ever.

Shoot, I would've been concerned/worried if MASTER P (Yeah, that surly SOB!) had sustained an injury when HE was on, OK?

Just one of my shoot-from-the-keyboard thoughts, for that second.
    Even Kate Gosselin ness? No, I know what you mean. Mark is my least favorite person on this show, even taking in the judges, singers and Brooke. But I wouldn't ever wish he'd be taken out of the competition due to injury. Katherine's the only celeb I'm not feeling, so if she were eliminated, I'd be fine with it. But I would really feel sorry for her to go out on an injury, especially this close to the end. It seems like a lot of people on other forums said they voted for her for the first time, which I tend to hate when it comes to sympathy (Melissa got my votes, concussion or not), but I guess I see their point. I do think Katherine and William are in the finals, and it'll come down to Maria and Derek. Maria did well on her AT, but I thought her jive was so overscored. I don't know if they're sending her out on a high note and keeping the competition close, or if they're trying to overcome her lack of fan votes. I think where Maria lacks Derek makes up for, but football players have dedicated, loyal fans, too, that vote in droves. So it should be interesting. I'm just ready for some freshness in the finals.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Even Kate Gosselin ness? No, I know what you mean. Mark is my least favorite person on this show, even taking in the judges, singers and Brooke. But I wouldn't ever wish he'd be taken out of the competition due to injury. Katherine's the only celeb I'm not feeling, so if she were eliminated, I'd be fine with it. But I would really feel sorry for her to go out on an injury, especially this close to the end. It seems like a lot of people on other forums said they voted for her for the first time, which I tend to hate when it comes to sympathy (Melissa got my votes, concussion or not), but I guess I see their point. I do think Katherine and William are in the finals, and it'll come down to Maria and Derek. Maria did well on her AT, but I thought her jive was so overscored. I don't know if they're sending her out on a high note and keeping the competition close, or if they're trying to overcome her lack of fan votes. I think where Maria lacks Derek makes up for, but football players have dedicated, loyal fans, too, that vote in droves. So it should be interesting. I'm just ready for some freshness in the finals.
    LOL @ the KG reference!!

Really, the only celeb so far this season that I don't think I felt ANYTHING one way or the other about as they danced WAS Katherine. I know it may sound/come across like I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth, but honestly, as beautiful as I found/find her dancing to be usually, sorry, except for tonight during that Quickstep, I never felt anything from her that she was IN there. Technically, she IS a wonderful dancer, and I did and do respect that, and have honestly said so on numerous occasions. Emotionally, she did not put across anything that I picked up on until tonight.

And for me, right or wrong, I need to feel something coming from the participants in the dance on the floor, too. Technical beauty is fine, but I like to see MORE than just that.

God help me for saying this, but even with Khate, I never wondered if somebody was IN there, or if I was watching a robot (even though she moved like The Bride of Frankenstein with an ingrown toenail, 99.9% of the time!).

With Katherine, yes, I DID/DO wonder most of the time if there was/is anybody IN there. But, like you, I wouldn't and don't want her to be hurt, or to have to go out on an injury.

Even though it happens, nobody wants or deserves that (Yeah, damnit, even KHATE!).

And I AM glad Katherine just apparently had a back spasm!

ETA . . .

Maria? Jive?

I liked it, but that SURE as hell did not look like a jive to ME!

And for that reason alone, I think The Stooges overscored them.
    Last edited by ness; 05-15-2012 at 05:19 AM.

As much as she was shakin' what her momma gave her, though, somehow, I'm not too surprised!
    She did very well.

I just happen to be a cream puff in that whatever I feel about someone as a DANCER on this show (good, bad, or indifferent), I do NOT want to see ANYONE get hurt

I dont either.If she is leaving, I would like it to be from the votes etc. Not the pain.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I haven't read through this thread yet, but I wanted to get my frustration out first.

I am so SICK and TIRED of the stupid judges (Carrie Ann & Bruno) blatent favoritism. They called Donald out on a few missed steps, but did not bother to say anything to Katherine or Maria. Ugh, I knew they were going to throw Donald under the bus after Melissa left b/c he is not with a "favored" pro. I wasn't going to watch the rest of the season but I had to tune in to see if what I thought would happen actually happen and YES IT DID. STUPID JUDGES.

That being said, I do think they all did a great job. I personally hope that Maria is the one to go. I just don't like her. Yes, she is a good dancer, but there is something about her that I don't like.
    GabbyG likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Morning after comments.

William and Cheryl. I will always compare William to Gilles because they had the same partner (Cheryl) and they fit the same moldóman best known for being sexy tries to dance. For me Gilles was better. I donít really see a connection between William and Cheryl. He often looks like he is too busy concentrating on the steps to express the story of the dance. He seems unaware of his partner unless the dance step calls for them to interact. It is just all technical with a sexy man thrown in.

Katherine and Mark. If I met Katherine in real life I would probably think she is the most amazing person Iíve ever metóbright smile, positive outlook, great figure. Her dancing is very good, and has been from the beginning, but she doesnít seem to generate much love from fans. She is sort of our Stepford dancer. It is true that Mark is an annoying partner, and true that she hasnít improved as much as others, but the only real complaint I have is that her Latin dancing isn't convincing. She reminds me of Brooke (when she was dancing, not babbling)óboth are very attractive, both started off season with amazing dances and continued to dance well all season. Katherine probably would win this year if she had Brookeís partner.

Donald and Peta. I compare Donald to Hines Ward. I think Donald is a more powerful dancer, but Hines was the more pleasant dancer to watch. Donald and Peta are very good dancers but Hines and Kym were great dancers. I think Donald has enough fan votes to win the entire thing unless he falls down. Iím sort of bored with football players are this point, so he isnít top of my list.

Maria and Derek. Maria doesnít have the perfect posture or flowing lines of Katherine, but I like her dances the best. Her dances simply put a smile on my face. As someone mentioned, she has the ďIT factorĒ that others are missing. Each week she seems to be on the verge of messing up but does better than expected. I donít think she has the fan votes of William or Donald but one canít count out Derek at this stage of the game.
    J.D., ilja and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread