+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree370Likes

Thread: 5/8 DWTS 14 : Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 5/8 DWTS 14 : Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh my eyes! Len in a speedo????
    I just about spit out my drink when I saw that!! hahahah HILARIOUS!!
    karalott likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I don't think people dislike Katherine so much as they dislike Mark. Katherine's biggest problem is that she's not as well known as Melissa, or Donald or even Maria to US viewers. (I'll admit, I didn't know Maria or Donald either since I don't watch those ET-like shows or follow football that much).
    Mark is part of it (a big part), but if I enjoyed Katherine, I'd grit my teeth, push the hatred aside, and actually vote for them. I just find her to be fake, boring, and lacking personality. She's a good dancer, but I don't think it's as good as the judges have propped it up to be. Then again, I could say that about every couple this season as far as the scoring is concerned. I just don't find her appealing. I also never cared much for Melissa prior to this, and I wouldn't have voted for her just because of Maks (I swear ) But I did find her to be somewhat enjoyable, and trying really hard. I won't deny she froze out on the floor, but I felt like she had it in her to really let loose and do better than she was. I wish she showed more of that fun personality we saw behind the scenes and in rehearsals. I did think she was getting a raw deal from the judges as well. Normally, I'd agree, but when their scoring and comments are all over the place and making no sense, it just gets frustrating.
    combatcutie and anemone like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    And ain't it interestin' that he's EXECUTIVE PRODUCER on the Kardashians' TV shows?????????

NOT!
    I always forget that! Thanks a lot Seacrest. It just seems like everytime I turn the TV on, he's there, or someone's talking about some new endeavor he's taking on. Unlike the Kardashian's, at least he works for a living, and didn't get famous by leaking a sex tape. How is that supposed to get you famous again? I keep waiting to hear about the tanning crazed mom in NJ being signed to her own reality show. Who needs agents and talent to work in entertainment

And at least if Melissa/Maks went out, I'll have that nice visual of her sitting in the confessional between the shirtless Chmerkovskiy's I may not have Maks next week, but that visual will never leave my mind.
    Moontat likes this.

I think Donald still has a shot, even with the lesser known of the pros! I mean, who was tweeting more than the Kardashians last season and Rob still wasn't able to pull an upset over Jose Rene Martinez (who better make an appearance on the finale!)! Hopefully he just slays his dances next week. I'm pretty sure he is more driven than ever after getting screwed out of 10s this week!
    karalott likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Thanks for the explanations everyone! I've been watching all season, and reading along, of course, but just didn't understand. I really like Katherine, and I thought Mark got his paybacks by being voted off so early last season. He never really has bothered me. I like watching both Derek and him dancing, but maybe that's just because I'm just a rookie.

eta: Oh, and darn them for playing Carole King! I hear two notes of any of her songs and I'm immediately blubbering. What a great songwriter she is.
    Last edited by J.D.; 05-08-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Mark is part of it (a big part), but if I enjoyed Katherine, I'd grit my teeth, push the hatred aside, and actually vote for them. I just find her to be fake, boring, and lacking personality. She's a good dancer, but I don't think it's as good as the judges have propped it up to be. Then again, I could say that about every couple this season as far as the scoring is concerned. I just don't find her appealing. I also never cared much for Melissa prior to this, and I wouldn't have voted for her just because of Maks (I swear ) But I did find her to be somewhat enjoyable, and trying really hard. I won't deny she froze out on the floor, but I felt like she had it in her to really let loose and do better than she was. I wish she showed more of that fun personality we saw behind the scenes and in rehearsals. I did think she was getting a raw deal from the judges as well. Normally, I'd agree, but when their scoring and comments are all over the place and making no sense, it just gets frustrating.
    I don't know, I've never felt Katherine was fake or insincere. I think that she's been a little overwhelmed by the freight train of promotion and game face that comes with being on the show. Also, while I think she likes Mark personally, I don't think she was expecting to have to carry the baggage of fan dislike for him on top of everything else. She's probably afraid to move half the time.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I don't know, I've never felt Katherine was fake or insincere. I think that she's been a little overwhelmed by the freight train of promotion and game face that comes with being on the show. Also, while I think she likes Mark personally, I don't think she was expecting to have to carry the baggage of fan dislike for him on top of everything else. She's probably afraid to move half the time.
    I tried voting for him last night, the line was busy.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 05-09-2012 at 12:17 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    yes, I'm behind here.....and haven't read all the posts, just the first fifty or so.....why does everyone dislike Katherine so much and like Melissa? I'm confused.
    OK.

Speaking strictly for Ye Olde Yourz Trulee . . .

This post focuses on Katherine.

Straight out the gate . . . I personally cannot STAND Mark. He is a mugging, overdancing fool that is SO in competition with his BFF, Derek, that he loses sight of the fact that it ain't about HIM, it's SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT HIS PARTNER! Whether or not that partner in question happens to be a ringer, a novice who just happens to have natural talent, or a novice that couldn't dance their way out of a wet paper bag if God Himself came down from on high and commanded them to do so. I also find him to be very, very needy and insecure, for that reason. He'll wear certain items of clothing that really don't make sense consistently, to stand out from the others. As one poster previously pointed out (sorry, I don't recall who that was, right at this particular second), he even does it when the pros dance exclusively, so he sticks out like a sore thumb, when they're all supposed to be (mostly) uniform for purposes of the dance. Additionally, his mugging, overdancing, excessive spats-and-hat-wearing tendencies are, to me, at least, insulting and disrespectful to whoever his partner happens to be, BECAUSE he, AGAIN, is attempting to put all the focus on HIM, rather than HER. And he really doesn't seem to try very hard to make an honest attempt to style his dancing to hers so they can appear to come across as on, or near, the same dancing level.

He's won twice. Once with Shawn Johnson, once with Kristi Yamaguchi. He so overreacted at those wins that Shawn and Kristi might as well have not even been on the PLANET, let ALONE on the stage right next to him. He didn't come across as giving an honest damn about sharing that moment with his partner(s). And I find that to be childish, selfish, and absolutely inexcuseable, for an allegedly grown man.

That's why you'll routinely see him referred to as "The Lord of the Overdance", "Spatz", and "Mr. Mugs" (among many other colorful handles and epithets!) here.

Regarding Katherine . . .

Opera singer? Yes. Dances wonderfully? Yes. But that's about it.

For me personally, one of the things I look for when I watch the celebrity dance is what is in their FACES. The joy of accomplishment. The joy of just moving around the floor in a professionally-choreographed dance.

Even though a few of 'em should've been arrested for daring to step out onto ANYBODY'S dance floor, even with a full week's practice on ONE dance! Example: Penn Gillette (sp?). That man had no business being within at least a football field's length of a ballroom floor. Yet, he made me smile, because every time he stomped and clomped out there, you could tell he was giving it his all and really into it. Carson? Nobody would mistake him for Fred Astaire. But, again, the man really got into it, really tried, really ENJOYED it, so he made you have enjoyment and entertainment just by being a part of his efforts by watching him. Gavin. Gladys. And the list goes on. You just HAD to love them because they were enjoying themselves so. AND YOU SAW IT ON THEIR FACES!

Katherine? I don't read anything on her face at all.

Fine dancer. But she's also like a windup Barbie doll. I don't know if it's fear at being a Brit on an American TV show, or what. But I don't get any feeling from her at all when she dances that she is IN there and ENJOYING herself.

She is COLD.

My Chatty Cathy doll had more warmth and personality than she does.

And my Chatty Cathy doll never even went anywhere NEAR a dance floor.

If TPTB want to keep her pretty-much-perfectly-dancing, popsicle Wiggler wiggling out there, I'd seriously advise them to pull her coat --- or have SOMEBODY pull her coat! --- and let her know that being damn near perfect as a dancer on the dance floor may just not be enough to endear you to fans and get you to that trophy.

You also need to be able to show that there's a live human being inside the clothes, makeup and hair.

And she's just not cutting it, in that regard.

For me, at least.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 05-09-2012 at 12:37 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I don't like Kathryn because I feel like I know nothing of her personality or even if she does have one at all. While I like Melissa because after all she is half pint. I don't like her dancing but hey if it kept Maks around it worked for me. I don't vote. I don't believe it counts anyway. I think the Judges find away to get the winner they want. So I watch until theones I am interested in are gone and then so am I. Donald is still here so am I. If he leaves then so do I. I wanted to see Donald,William and Melissa finale with a Donald and Melissa and Maks finale.
    karalott, ness and iwatchtv like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I tried voting for him last night, the line was busy.
    I don't know what that means. He has his own fanbase, and Katherine has her own fanbase too, but that doesn't negate the fact that he also has a strong negative reaction as well. People who aren't fans of, say, Tony or Cheryl don't claim to "hate" them, they just aren't fans. There are a lot of people out there who can't stand Mark's presence on the show, which is a different thing. I was just saying that while Melissa can sympathize with Katherine over having a partner who fans feel strongly about either way, most of the other dancers don't have to deal with it.
    karalott likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread