+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree664Likes

Thread: 5/7 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 5/7 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Why can't Maks take a partner all the way? And why does each of his partners look and sound like they've been through a war by season's end? His kind of behavior simply isn't necessary for an amateur competition like this. And I think it was inevitable that it was going to explode for him someday. Maybe it was today...
    Because he doesn't get the ringers and the young, pretty girls. He seems to come into the season with good expectations and then the Beyotch CA starts in on belittling him and his partner. It becomes stressful, especially when he and his partner are working their butts off for a 7 or 8 and others just seem to smile at and flirt with CA or Bruno and they get 9's or 10's.
    I am not rooting for Maks and Melissa this season, but I see when the stress starts to get to him and I feel sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by iwatchtv View Post
    Because he doesn't get the ringers and the young, pretty girls. He seems to come into the season with good expectations and then the Beyotch CA starts in on belittling him and his partner. It becomes stressful, especially when he and his partner are working their butts off for a 7 or 8 and others just seem to smile at and flirt with CA or Bruno and they get 9's or 10's.
    I am not rooting for Maks and Melissa this season, but I see when the stress starts to get to him and I feel sorry for him.
    Hi iwatchtv

Didn't you like Erin? or Mel B ? what are they - chopped liver. I think he has had some good partners.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 05-08-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: took out Stacy- she didnt dance with Maks( sorry)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Did anyone see Anna dancing on Espn this morning on the mike and mike show?ESPNRadio.com - ESPN
    I did and I wrote about it in a different thread here. It was highly enjoyable. I think Greeny could make a credible contestant.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

Couldn't post last night but was able to watch. I freely admit I don't know anything about dancing. I also admit I've rarely watched this show in the past, know nothing about the pro backstories, and I'm only here for Donald Driver and the fun on this board. So, can someone please explain to me - why are Donald's scores so whack low compared to some of the others? What am I missing?
    Kip and TIA__MA like this.
    Everything is better with music. I want my life to have a soundtrack.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Hi iwatchtv

Didn't you like Erin? how about Stacy ( her with the great legs) or Mel B ? what are they - chopped liver. I think he has had some good partners.
    Wasn't Tony partnered wit Stacy?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I say this every week, but DD was robbed! He was amazing! I think he should have gotten at least one 30 for the night. He will continue to get all my votes until he is gone at which point I'll stop watching.
    I would triple "like" this if I could.
    TIA__MA likes this.
    Everything is better with music. I want my life to have a soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Wasn't Tony partnered wit Stacy?
    I thought it was Maks( sorry) What abour Erin or Mel B then, and yes he did dance with them
    -Andy Rooney-

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by murphytoo View Post
    Couldn't post last night but was able to watch. I freely admit I don't know anything about dancing. I also admit I've rarely watched this show in the past, know nothing about the pro backstories, and I'm only here for Donald Driver and the fun on this board. So, can someone please explain to me - why are Donald's scores so whack low compared to some of the others? What am I missing?
    I don't understand it either as it relates to the whole season. As for last night, often the couple going first gets screwed scoring wise. Judges are hesitant to give the first up perfect scores because if the second couple is better, there's no where left to go. But what tends to happen over the course of an event is that the scores tend to rise.

I'm not too worried about Donald leaving though, as NFL players come with a huge built-in fan base and tend to stick around for quite a while even when they're not so good. Donald's good and has the die-hard NFL fans and his dance fans.
    murphytoo likes this.

I enjoyed the show last night. I thought there was more parity than anytime this season. I guess the judges thought so as well as there is only a 10% difference in the top and bottom couple on the judge's scorecards. That means that this week's double elimination is entirely within the viewer's hands. I can't predict who will go home tonight. It's a complete crap shoot.

I thought that the trios worked better than I expected. All of the teams did a great job with the choreography. It was interesting that both teams doing the Paso Doble chose a supplemental male pro to dance with the male celebrity. Good choice - both William and Roshon handled that really well. I vote we keep the trio gimmick for the future. I like it much better than the marathon dance.

Here are my evaluations of the dances:

Donald -

Another 2 solid performances by Donald. I really think he was under-marked in both dances. The Samba with Karina in the mix was especially good. Donald played off both women really well. What a fun routine! I should ever be so lucky as to do a routine like that.

Maria -
    I liked both Maria's dances tonight. They were fun to watch. My biggest problem is that Derek is taking too many liberties with the choreography. Len was right on both of these dances tonight. There wasn't enough content from the dance style being presented. They were more like freestyles. I think the result of those decisions is that Maria finds herself near the bottom of the judge's rankings tonight.

The season Derek won with Nicole he did the same thing on the quickstep. It was an entertaining freestyle, it wasn't a quickstep and the scores from Len reflected that. Everyone seem to think that Derek is the "chosen one", but Len's remarks and scores don't tell me that.

Melissa -
    Melissa's foxtrot was too tentative for me tonight - especially when compared to Roshon and William's foxtrots later in the show. She did much better on the trio Samba. She really let loose and had fun with that dance. If she could dance with that kind of confidence and abandon all the time I am certain she would move up in the judge's scores.

Katherine -
    Everyone stepped up their game except Katherine in the Viennese Waltz. I blame Mark's choreography for that issue more than the execution of the dance. Everything was going great until that weird final move that was not in the character of the VW, and that went wrong. Katherine was probably tentative on the move because she got a concussion practicing it earlier in the week. Mark should have ditched the move then and there.

Katherine also had the misfortune of a wardrobe malfunction in the team dance even though she handled it surprisingly well. It was nice to see Tristan back. My understanding is that he was Katherine's first choice for a pro all along. I wish it had worked out that way. The dance itself was superb. Tons of energy and tons of fun.

Roshon -
    These were the best two dances of the season for Roshon. He was light on his feet in the foxtrot and moved very well around the dance floor. He was much more confident in hold with Chelsie this week and it really showed. The Paso Doble was also done very well. Chelsie chose wisely when she picked Sasha as the third member of the trio as he matched up nicely with Roshon on the side-by-side elements of the dance.

William -
    Two very solid performances. I think I would have tied his foxtrot with Roshon's. Both were very good. I thought William's Paso Doble was underscored. He and Tony looked great out there side-by-side. Cheryl looked like she was having a great time out there too being the cape passed between the two of them. This is the kind of Paso I really like. I much prefer the woman in the role of the cape. The dance just flows better.

After a night like last night I hate to see any of the couples go home today, but we lose two of them. No matter which way it goes it will be a sad night. All of the remaining couples should be proud of how well they have performed and whoever leaves should do so with their heads held high, comfortable in the knowledge that they were all great and that this was the most competitive season ever.
    JunkieGirl and TIA__MA like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I don't understand it either as it relates to the whole season. As for last night, often the couple going first gets screwed scoring wise. Judges are hesitant to give the first up perfect scores because if the second couple is better, there's no where left to go. But what tends to happen over the course of an event is that the scores tend to rise.

I'm not too worried about Donald leaving though, as NFL players come with a huge built-in fan base and tend to stick around for quite a while even when they're not so good. Donald's good and has the die-hard NFL fans and his dance fans.
    I think he is the last one we have to worry about. His 10's will come, and he will be more than jubilant when they do.His footwork could use some work( at times) but I did think he deserved 10's for his trio dance( even if it wasn't my cup of tea) .I watched it again. If my faves go - he gets my votes.
    murphytoo likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread