+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Like Tree664Likes

Thread: 5/7 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/7 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Tonight's show was a circus, and C-A and Bruno embarrassed themselves again and again, not to mention Maks, who finally realized on live TV what a monster he's become, editing or not.
    I dont know what took him so long! was that a fake tear! omg, please.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I just re-watched Donald's jive and I'm still just in disbelief that he didn't get a 30. Not only was he the only one that remained in sync with his pros throughout the pieces where he danced next to them...they were the only trio that truly stayed a trio and I think that should be applauded.

Of course there were no rules to the trio dance (obviously) but the fact that Karina never left the frame really impresses me.

Everyone got to pick the pro and knew what they were working with beforehand....Donald/Peta obviously made the right choice (compared to Roshon and William) in picking a female pro because it allowed the spotlight to be on Donald, without comparing him to another pro because it was Karina and Peta who had to do more of the same movements (that's the times they caught Roshon and William off was when compared to the male pro they were dancing next too). Though as I said above, in the parts where he danced next to them, he was spot on with them! Very smart thinking by Peta or whomever made that call!
    ness, Midol and Debb70 like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Donald & Peta. Awful song for the Tango. Donald looks great out there. I heart him.

Maria & Derek. Very pretty dance. What's wrong with Len? Wow. Somebody peed in his oatmeal this morning.

Melissa & Maks. The judges say that was her best dance. I'm sorry, but didn't like that at all.

Katherine & Mark. Hmmm, didn't like that either. I usually like the VW, but something is off with Katherine. The chemistry she had with Mark has disappeared. Is someone else occupying her mind?

Roshon & Chelsie. Awwww, that was adorable!! Roshon picked up his game, good for him.

William & Cheryl. Nice. Very suave and sophisticated.

Donald Trio. Holy moly!! Ssssmokin' *heart attack* WTF Len & Bruno? Party poopers.

Maria Trio. Weirdest samba I've ever seen, but I loved it! Note to Derek: Never wear pants like that ever again.

Melissa Trio. I don't think I have ever envied a celebrity before but [insert non PG 13 thoughts here] Melissa did great, her best dance eva!! Another DWTS hall of famer.

Katherine Trio. OK, this is a little better, minus the wardrobe malfunction. I so, so, so wish she had Tristan as a partner. They looked good together.

Roshon Trio. Although there were timing issues, I still enjoyed this dance. Roshon was more manly than I thought he could be. Chelsie is a great choreographer too. Two skinny fries chasing the ketchup~~hahahahaha! Good one, Mr. Crabby McCrabbyson.

William Trio. That was an awesome routine! For the first time I thought Tony was sexy. At the beginning William's feet looked weird. I think he might be a bit pigeon-toed.

The dance trio idea turned out to be a great idea, I really liked the routines. Keep this idea, ditch the Winner Take All, Dance Marathons and Insta Dance. Thanks!
    karalott, GabbyG and TIA__MA like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I don't believe that Maks is as bad as he's being edited, but that's because this happens every season to him. He's the explosive hot head who makes his partners cry and is responsible for them getting eliminated. However, for all I know, it may be worse, or it may not be as bad as they're showing. I don't know if I saw it as much as Maks that he's a monster, just that he can't win no matter what he does or says. The only safe haven for him seems to be say nothing and smile the whole time. If he wasn't there, I feel like someone else would get the bullying treatment in the rehearsal videos. This season has been a bit humbling for him as well, but he kind of seems more at peace with knowing he wasn't going to win but still trying to just get by week to week. At least from their twitter and blogs, they seem to be having fun and just thankful to still be there.

I do agree that the show has become a laughingstock. I hate the audience booing and cheering alike. Tom hasn't really seemed like himself in quite awhile. He used to make wise cracks and toss out zingers for no reason, now he only does it when it gets uncomfortable in the ballroom. He seems to just be going through the motions. I've FF through all the judges banter and Brooke, and it's way more enjoyable that way. They really need to clean house on a lot of things. It's the same thing every year. If Maks were off next season, and it looked like Val could have an early exit, I may just consider tuning out completely. It's just not an enjoyable show anymore. I don't find it like it used to be-the stars were the stars (or as close to D-listers as possible), the pros were unknown, the focus was on the star's and their own fanbases, the judges were more rational and objective, the audience wasn't a mob ready to pounce, and celebs had fun and learned to dance but didn't take it seriously. The way they go about it, I feel like they make it seem like the celebs career is on the line. I absolutely hate when the judges want to speak but then go and interrupt someone else (usually Len) when they don't agree, even when he's right. It got old on Idol when Simon used to bicker with Ryan and Randy used to boo him when he was announced. It got old real fast on here. I think everyone has an ego and needs it downsized.
    Every time I hear/read M or M claim how much fun they're having, it seems completely insincere to me. Maks is clearly NOT having fun, and even if he isn't always like the edit portrays him to be, if he's like that AT ALL, it's a problem. I honestly think Melissa is being a good soldier as a favor to the producers, but tonight there were clear signs that she's had it with that kind of behavior, even if it doesn't go on 24/7. I don't like that Maks has become such a cult figure/pet sex object, where people seemingly forgive him and take his side whenever he crosses the line. So he's cute. He's also a moody S.O.B., and celebrities are the last people to usually put up with this kind of treatment. I agree with you that he has realized that he can't win no matter what anymore, but I think he's smiling and nodding more because he's probably on his way out the door the minute Melissa is booted. It's not totally his fault that his bridges are burned with the show, but he's no innocent party either.

It's well known that I'm a huge Derek fan, but when he took a season off last year...I lived! I watched the show and even enjoyed it, although not quite as much as I normally do. Life went on. I think Maks is too much of a disruptive influence, and that his popularity is more unhealthy for the show than Derek's, or Mark's. (OK maybe not mark's...*shudder*)

Why can't Maks take a partner all the way? And why does each of his partners look and sound like they've been through a war by season's end? His kind of behavior simply isn't necessary for an amateur competition like this. And I think it was inevitable that it was going to explode for him someday. Maybe it was today...
    indy1945 and Living like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Every time I hear/read M or M claim how much fun they're having, it seems completely insincere to me. Maks is clearly NOT having fun, and even if he isn't always like the edit portrays him to be, if he's like that AT ALL, it's a problem. I honestly think Melissa is being a good soldier as a favor to the producers, but tonight there were clear signs that she's had it with that kind of behavior, even if it doesn't go on 24/7. I don't like that Maks has become such a cult figure/pet sex object, where people seemingly forgive him and take his side whenever he crosses the line. So he's cute. He's also a moody S.O.B., and celebrities are the last people to usually put up with this kind of treatment. I agree with you that he has realized that he can't win no matter what anymore, but I think he's smiling and nodding more because he's probably on his way out the door the minute Melissa is booted. It's not totally his fault that his bridges are burned with the show, but he's no innocent party either.

It's well known that I'm a huge Derek fan, but when he took a season off last year...I lived! I watched the show and even enjoyed it, although not quite as much as I normally do. Life went on. I think Maks is too much of a disruptive influence, and that his popularity is more unhealthy for the show than Derek's, or Mark's. (OK maybe not mark's...*shudder*)

Why can't Maks take a partner all the way? And why does each of his partners look and sound like they've been through a war by season's end? His kind of behavior simply isn't necessary for an amateur competition like this. And I think it was inevitable that it was going to explode for him someday. Maybe it was today...
    I'll summarize a post I made in Melissa's thread. First, I'll agree to disagree about their partnership. Emotionally, if Melissa is checked out, I think it has little to do with Maks and more to do with knowing the end is coming, so why not be done with it. I felt the same way with Hope last season, despite her and Maks's rocky partnership, and remember Jennie Garth in season 5 being ready to go back to being a mom and spending time with her kids. She seemed to be there physically, but not mentally. If they know they have no chance to win and each week is just one week closer to be eliminated, I'd probably be depressed, too. And I could be completely wrong in my own assessment, but that's how I see it. I expected Melissa to get the boot weeks ago, and thought for sure she would have landed in the bottom 2 during the dance off at some point. She and Maks seem to have friendly banter on twitter. So it could just be a sour experience for her, and Maks knowing that their run is coming to an end, and that there's no question that they won't be in the finals. I'm not trying to make an excuse there, it's just I'm not seeing them as being unfriendly towards each other and putting on a show for the cameras. I'm sure it's akward when they get asked about any fighting in rehearsals and whether that's the nature of their relationship. Plus, Brooke isn't the brightest bulb to take a hint or catch someone's drift that they don't really want to talk about. I miss the days when the couples had fun in rehearsals and wore goofy costumes to lighten the mood or went to a samba club or something. I also don't take pity on any of Maks's partners, because going as far back as Denise, he's been requested by all of them. And maybe even before that (I almost think Laila Ali asked for him as a partner as well). So they know what they're getting in to. If he's too tough of a teacher, they shouldn't be surprised. Melissa is friends with Kirstie, so she had a first hand account of what a teacher Maks was like.

I would survive if Maks took a season off. I'd be depressed, but I'd live I have Donald to gawk at at least. IBut every other aspect of the show has become such a downer. I just roll my eyes anytime a celeb or pro gets a negative edit, whether it's Maks, or Derek, or whoever. If it's something they say or do during/after the dance that's live, it's not an editing arguement. But we see so little of what really goes on. Every reality show has to have a villian. Except the singing shows. I think they're exempt as far as the contestants are concerned, except you usually get the off key heart throb that keeps getting voted through.

I can probably say why Maks has yet to win. Season 5, that's the only one I scratch my head on. But it was Julianne's second season, the height of her popularity, the height of the show's popularity, and she and Helio were a stark contrast to Mel/Maks. But season 10, you had Erin <Evan, Nicole; season 11, Brandy <Bristol, Jennifer; season 12, Kirstie <Hines. And last season, he and Hope were pretty platonic. I don't know if Maks has really burned any bridges or not. The show has to see how popular he is, and he does create controversy. Good or bad, people talk about him. And, again, he is commonly requested by his partners. Since he hasn't been outspoken about anything this season and basically been saying he doesn't give a rip what the judges say or do, that may be something that gets him the boot over any outburst he's had. I've noticed that more people are talking when it's a negative week, and now Melissa is starting to get some backlash for lasting. However, the ratings have been fine since Julianne left, they were fine season 12 when Derek took a break, they were fine when Dmitry sat out, since Edyta left, and so on, so I think they could completely revamp the pro line up and it'd be fine. In fact, I'm all for it. They need to start over. Somehow, I doubt the 15+ million people who watch each week are tuning in for the pros anyway. And if I could be less emotionally invested in that aspect and not get annoyed that the judges appear to play favorites, I might go back to enjoying this show again.. If I get a cast the disinterests me, the pros are a plus. If I get celebs in there I like, I just pray that they don't get a pro I detest (namely Mark), but I deal. Tonight was the first time I watched Katherine in a few weeks, but at the moment I just stick to FF through filler and the couples I don't like, and watch the ones I do. I'm just not going to waste my time.

I think some pros learned long ago that it's just a TV show pretending to be a dance competition. But again, I can see why some of old school pros don't want to give in to the entertainment side of it and want to stick to tradition. However, it seems like no matter what some of them do, it's never good enough. Maks sees what goes on behind the scenes more than we do, obviously, and he has a beef, I think, with CA (not so sure about Bruno; I know he's been embarrassed by his actions. Len seems to be friendly with him, as I've seen photos of the two of them plus Tony golfing together). So it could just be he's tired of the uneven judging, tired of the bad boy edit that he knows makes him a target and dooms his partners, tired of seeing the same show every season, with certain couples getting away with some things, and others getting nitpicked. But he keeps coming back, even if nothing changes, so there's something there for him. If I can predict, or get close to it, what will happen, how the judges will score, and who at least 2 of the finalists will be week 2, I figure it's not worth getting my blood pressure all worked up and letting a silly little dance show that's supposed to be fun get to me. And I'm not even competing He's only human, and I don't think he's ever been that horrible. I don't think any pro that blew up or had a moment of frustration crossed the line. Plus, Melissa called him out on it. She may not have gone toe to toe with him like Mel and Erin used to, but I thought it was funny with her line about his apologies or whatever it was she said.

In fairness to Maks, I think Derek and Tristan's hard core fans are just as bad. Or, we're just the most vocal Mark? Not really sure he has a fanbase to compare. Derek may have gotten Kristin farther last season based on his fans alone than Mark did. Who knows. But that's why I think rotating the pros every week or completely revamping the line up would do the show, plus the fans, some good. In a lot of conversations I've seen online regarding those 3 specifically, rarely does their partner get brought up as much as they do, and people saying they need to vote for them regardless, and that who cares if Derek's won 3 times, no one holds it against sports teams for winning their respective championships numerous times. It seems like the celeb is a complete after thought, and that the point of the show is for the pro to win. It's gotten to be Dancing with the Pros and the Judges Egos. I know I'm just as bad in regards to my fan girl antics towards the Chmerkovskiy's, but if Maks had a partner I hated, they wouldn't be getting my votes. I didn't even expect to like Melissa, but she's grown on me, and I don't think she got a very fair shake. If she is in fact eliminated tomorrow, my votes all go to Donald. And god forbid he's eliminated next, I'll be the one doing something I haven't done since season 5, and pick up the phone to vote for Maria/Derek in the finals. Obviously love and hate play an equal part in my voting on this show.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-08-2012 at 04:17 AM.
    BuckeyeGal, jucamer and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

I think that they should switch pros each week. It was so fresh seeing the stars dancing with others. I am sick of the are they together or not hype, or do they hate each other hype. I would rather see a fresh couple each week.

I also think it is time to pair the pros and do a season of pros versus pros. Some of them are bigger stars than the stars, and I would love to see them dancing up to their skill levels against each other.

Donald and Peta were robbed. That was the best dance of the night for me. I am sick of Maria and her laugh. I do not find it endearing at all.

I woke up this morning thinking about how much I enjoyed watching Maria, Roshon and Donald last night. All three were very entertaining and all have up'd their game as the weeks have gone by. Katherine can dance beautifully but no matter what the dance, it always has the same feel for me. Ditto for handsome William. Half Pint did great breaking out of her shell, but I'm afraid she's got too much catching up to do.

I can't believe Donald didn't get a 30 for his trio dance. He was terrific in that and you could tell he was having just the best time!
    jucamer, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I don't understand the whole "rotating pros" thing. It could never happen, for several reasons, nor should it IMO. For one thing, the biggest reason that celebs get the pros they get is height. The man has to be as tall as the woman in heels. Period. Some aspects of traditional ballroom can't be played with. Also, for better or for worse, stars need the stability and trust of one teacher.

Would all the make pros be able to work with Marlee Matlin, or Heather Mills, or Steve Wozniak with the right sensitivity, and know how to choreograph for them with no prior relationship established? I just think rotating pros is unworkable.
    Rattus, justCoz, JavaJo and 1 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Morning after comments:

Donald. Underscored. Actually, I think he was fairly scored but quite a number of others overscored. I agreed with CA's comment that the connection between Donald and Peta is missing--he has plenty of drive, but I just feel energy, no connection.

Maria. She's become my favorite so sad to see Grumpy Len show up tonight. Her connection with Derek during first dance was impressive. It is true that their Bollywood dance didn't have much appropriate content, but it is also the dance I'd most like to see again other than Donald’s Trio dance. Did they say Harry suggested this idea? Bad boy.

Katherine. I agree with everyone that she is very good but bland. Hard to keep interest. Overscored.

Roshon. Cute. How far can cute get you? This is far enough for me.

Mellisa. I think her best two dances if for no other reason than her happiness. I don't know her from her previous shows (I refused to watch since my sisters took over the TV to watch), so all I know about her is what I see on this show and this is the first time she looked pleasant. Isn't this what happened with Hope--her best dance happened after she finally gave up on the judges and just danced?

William. He continues to improve but I really just don't get excited by his dancing. I just never believe there is any real connection between him and Cheryl. Overscored.

Overall, the scoring was the strangest I've seen this season. Maybe I was just in shock after that 7 for Maria. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Katherine and Maria leave. I wouldn't rule out an all-male final (William, Donald, Roshon).
    Midol likes this.

+ Reply to Thread