+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 5/1 DWTS 14 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/1 DWTS 14 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    (snip)

I like Maks, I think he and his partners get messed over every single season and it just makes me pull for them even more. While I think that some pros consistently get those who cannot dance or are difficult to work with (Tony), I think that Maks just can't win. He could have the best dancer, the best routine, the best everything and the judges will still mark them down for something that the others have done and don't get marked down. That's not just us Maks fans being bitter, it's fact.

(snip)
    Exactly. How would it have been if Maks had been paired with Nicole Scherzinger? How would the judges justify NOT giving her the mirror ball?

CA's head would explode.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

FORT Fogey

This is definitely not a competition in which the best dancers necessarily win. If so, there's no way Gilles Marini or Mario Lopez would have been number two in their seasons. Apparently there was something especially charming and appealing about the celebs who won the mirror ball trophy instead of the celebs who should have. There's also no way Master P or Kate Gosselin would have stayed as long as they did if this were a true contest of skill. Sometimes the fans just enjoy seeing a trainwreck for the entertainment value. I still don't know how Bristol Palin stayed as long as she did, either. I'm not comparing her to Kate or Master P, but in no way did she deserve to come in third.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    This is definitely not a competition in which the best dancers necessarily win. If so, there's no way Gilles Marini or Mario Lopez would have been number two in their seasons. Apparently there was something especially charming and appealing about the celebs who won the mirror ball trophy instead of the celebs who should have. There's also no way Master P or Kate Gosselin would have stayed as long as they did if this were a true contest of skill. Sometimes the fans just enjoy seeing a trainwreck for the entertainment value. I still don't know how Bristol Palin stayed as long as she did, either. I'm not comparing her to Kate or Master P, but in no way did she deserve to come in third.
    If her fans liked her, Bristol deserved to be there, as much as Melissa fans are keeping her in now.
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

The fan reaction to Bristol Palin's dancing, on this board and others, was overwhelmingly negative. Most of her votes apparently were coming from somewhere else.
    karalott, TIA__MA, jucamer and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    The fan reaction to Bristol Palin's dancing, on this board and others, was overwhelmingly negative. Most of her votes apparently were coming from somewhere else.
    It doesn't matter where they come from, its vote for your favourite.I dont go by this board or any other. I like who I like. Perhaps thats what happened with Bristol. Mark did a god job with her, but then he would never get kudos for that . I thought she improved every week
    -Andy Rooney-

Unlike Bristol Palin, Melissa has earned the title of star. What I liked most about this season going in was the absence of reality show participants, corrupt politicians or their relatives, ex-wives or husbands, All of this seasons contestants, even those I did not much like, have achieved their status via talent to one degree or another.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Unlike Bristol Palin, Melissa has earned the title of star. What I liked most about this season going in was the absence of reality show participants, corrupt politicians or their relatives, ex-wives or husbands, All of this seasons contestants, even those I did not much like, have achieved their status via talent to one degree or another.
    She did little house on the prairie, yes, and I didn't like this show. ( sorry) but star? debatable.

I guess I don't put much stock in the words star on this particular show

I went back to the home page and sure enough nowhere does it say "Fans of......." All I see are the names of the pro and celeb. This talk about allowing only fans into each thread is just silly. The thread is there to post about the couple...positive or negative.
    I agree.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 05-04-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

I still think the fairest way to assign couples is to have them draw names from a bag. On camera. With a disinterested 3rd party drawing the names.
    Moontat, Alexxxx and Midol like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I still think the fairest way to assign couples is to have them draw names from a bag. On camera. With a disinterested 3rd party drawing the names.
    But height plays a role. Someone really tall needs a partner about the same height.
    Florimel and Jaceegirl like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

The pros have signed on to the show with the rules in place. If they don't care, why would we.
    maude~flanders likes this.

+ Reply to Thread