+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 5/1 DWTS 14 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/1 DWTS 14 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I think she is having fun - her dancing is improving more and more. If she wasn't having fun in at least some way, her dancing would be affected by it.

That said, I can see why she shows fear and dread in her eyes - the judges. She is with a dancer who has from what I'm seeing brought out some good dancing (for her age) out of her... YET she is constantly in effect belittled by the judges simply because she's paired up with Maks, whom as we know is apparently Carrie Ann's mortal enemy.

I think if she just at least hid her expressions in the eyes, the rest will follow and she'll dance even better.

It's not so much I think that she wants to go home, but it has to be hard to know that at least some of the judging of your dances is being based on petty long term hatred amongst your dance partner and judges.
    I just don't agree. Of the remaining dancers, Melissa is the sloppiest, the least poised, the most gangly. With her obvious lack of dance form, it seems like she is riding 2 coattails... those of all the people who love Laura Ingalls, and those who crush on the dark accented Maks.

I don't think Melissa has EVER been "belittled" by the judges. So the statement about her being belittled because of Maks is moot. If one believes rumors, it's plausible that CarrieAnn hates Maks...I don't recall her ever complimenting him. But CA transferring her hate to Melissa? Melissa's performance has not been good enough to earn any compliments. And what the heck is Maks doing, flinging Melissa around like that on the dance floor, when surely he's watched the videos and seen how crappy it looked...?
    maude~flanders and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Melissa has been under scored consistently. ...She makes it clear, without being disrespectful, that she knows what's going on.
    Last year Maks had a partner named Hope. She was an inspiration among female soccer player, but was horrendous as a pro dancer. Maks convinced Hope that any negative comments should be contrued as hateful insults rather than constructive help. Hope did not have the grace nor coordination nor feminity for couples dancing. She left DWTS with the legacy of being a bad dancer with a bad attitude.

Having observed the same thing so many years in a row, I'm left with the conclusion that Maks instills a BAD ATTITUDE in EVERY dance partner he has.

Back to Melissa: If you ignore her attitude, you have to at least address her dance ability. I don't know any dance judge who would rate Melissa higher than either Roshon or Jaleel...yet Melissa was voted "safe". A better dancer was sent home.
    maude~flanders and Rattus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Melissa(Laura) IMHO I think she'll be the dancer who dances wonderfully once she's eliminated in the final night show. (BTW - I will admit I think they missed out on an opportunity to have Allison Arngrim (Nellie Olsen) on the show. She DOES want to be a part of it. Of course, this could mean that next season she does go on and they do jokes about "Will Nellie Olsen go farther than Laura Ingalls in the dance rounds? Or will she once again be shoved into the proverbial lake?
    I'm ready to see Nellie dance... assuming she's had less plastic surgery enhancements than Melissa/Laura. If she's going to appear on my TV with completely different cheeks and lips and bosom, then I'LL PASS.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Last year Maks had a partner named Hope. She was an inspiration among female soccer player, but was horrendous as a pro dancer. Maks convinced Hope that any negative comments should be contrued as hateful insults rather than constructive help. Hope did not have the grace nor coordination nor feminity for couples dancing. She left DWTS with the legacy of being a bad dancer with a bad attitude.

Having observed the same thing so many years in a row, I'm left with the conclusion that Maks instills a BAD ATTITUDE in EVERY dance partner he has.
    I agree that Hope wasn't the best dancer but I wouldn't call her horrendous. I think she was better than Mellissa. But I agree there is a trend.

That trend is Mak's partners overstaying their dance ability, which I'd like to comment on. The show is 50% fan votes, so I don't have any problem with couples staying due to fan votes. But I think this trend is partially responsible for Mak's attitude.

Here's what happens: Maks gets so many fan votes that his partners often stay around longer than better dancers. The judges want to keep the best dancers so they try to compensate in their scoring, making the gap between the contenders and Maks wider and wider. Their comments become more forceful as they try to convince the fans that Maks and Partner should leave. This obviously leads to contention as Maks & Partner continue dancing, knowing that the judges will give them low scores and harsh comments but also knowing the fans will likely save them. They feel unappreciated and attacked. The judges feel bad for the better dancers that go home. The fans see the harsh judge’s comments as an attack on Maks and increase their support for him. This continues for the last few weeks each season and gets worse each week as the better dancers leave.

This is sort of fun, from a fan perspective, every now and then, but when it happens over and over with the same Pro (Maks) it inevitably leads to a permanently conflicted relationship between the judges and that Pro.

An interesting thought to consider: would this have developed differently if the fan’s favorite Pro was someone other than Maks, say Tony?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    I agree that Hope wasn't the best dancer but I wouldn't call her horrendous. I think she was better than Mellissa. But I agree there is a trend.

That trend is Mak's partners overstaying their dance ability, which I'd like to comment on. The show is 50% fan votes, so I don't have any problem with couples staying due to fan votes. But I think this trend is partially responsible for Mak's attitude.

Here's what happens: Maks gets so many fan votes that his partners often stay around longer than better dancers. The judges want to keep the best dancers so they try to compensate in their scoring, making the gap between the contenders and Maks wider and wider. Their comments become more forceful as they try to convince the fans that Maks and Partner should leave. This obviously leads to contention as Maks & Partner continue dancing, knowing that the judges will give them low scores and harsh comments but also knowing the fans will likely save them. They feel unappreciated and attacked. The judges feel bad for the better dancers that go home. The fans see the harsh judge’s comments as an attack on Maks and increase their support for him. This continues for the last few weeks each season and gets worse each week as the better dancers leave.

This is sort of fun, from a fan perspective, every now and then, but when it happens over and over with the same Pro (Maks) it inevitably leads to a permanently conflicted relationship between the judges and that Pro.

An interesting thought to consider: would this have developed differently if the fan’s favorite Pro was someone other than Maks, say Tony?
    Here's an easy solution:

Give Maks better partners, like say on the level that they continually give to Derek.

Problem solved.
    karalott, Florimel, GabbyG and 6 others like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    Here's an easy solution:

Give Maks better partners, like say on the level that they continually give to Derek.

Problem solved.

But Alexxx Maria has never danced before( never)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But Alexxx Maria has never danced before( never)
    Yeah, but I think Maria's dancing ability is the exception to the rule as far as Derek's partners go.

In any event, she's still better than Melissa, so Derek still got a better partner than Maks this season.

Maks' fans clearly want him to stick around longer, so the folks making the pairing decisions could make it a lot easier on everybody if they wanted to.

Clearly they don't want to.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

LOL. Well we cant have it both ways. Maria couldn't dance, Derek taught her. Its that simple.

Melissa might be a better dancer, or a different dancer with a different partner.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I love that idea. Or open up FAN threads for each team and direct the non-fans to stay out of it. I already avoid Mark's thread because as a non-fan of his, I don't feel like I should go in there and bash him.
    I wish everybody would take that attitude. I will never understand the need to go into the fan thread for a particular contestant just to bash them and their fans.

I like Maks, I think he and his partners get messed over every single season and it just makes me pull for them even more. While I think that some pros consistently get those who cannot dance or are difficult to work with (Tony), I think that Maks just can't win. He could have the best dancer, the best routine, the best everything and the judges will still mark them down for something that the others have done and don't get marked down. That's not just us Maks fans being bitter, it's fact.

I just don't know why Maks continues to put up with it.

I rarely like the celebs, I like the pros. This show long ago stopped being about the celebs for me. It's about the pros and ones I want to see make it to the end.
    karalott, TIA__MA, Moontat and 3 others like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I wish everybody would take that attitude. I will never understand the need to go into the fan thread for a particular contestant just to bash them and their fans.
    Lots of posts in Marks thread, with bashing comments.
    ilja likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread