+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: 5/1 DWTS 14 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 5/1 DWTS 14 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Are we ready for this show to get any dumber? According to Melissa's post show interview, she's dancing with Maks and Val next week. In the same dance, by the sound of it. I guess all the celebs are dancing with an extra pro. I'm always up for more Chmerkovskiy's, but this isn't what I had in mind when I suggested switching pros each week.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Are we ready for this show to get any dumber? According to Melissa's post show interview, she's dancing with Maks and Val next week. In the same dance, by the sound of it. I guess all the celebs are dancing with an extra pro. I'm always up for more Chmerkovskiy's, but this isn't what I had in mind when I suggested switching pros each week.
    Oh to be the cheese in a Maks and Val sandwich. Lucky woman. lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Oh to be the cheese in a Maks and Val sandwich. Lucky woman. lol
    I don't even care if Val is part of the dance, he can stand in the middle of the floor each week while they dance around him. Not really sure what to make of this dynamic. They've done it during the finale, but that's not a dance that's scored, and is often for fun (Carson's freestyle to Vogue with Val and the troupe, Niecy's bootylicious samba with Louis, Dmitry, and Damian). But having two pros involved in the same dance going in front of the judges? Might make for some interesting rehearsal bits, but I hope the judges don't use it as an excuse to bash the competing pros by saying whoever came in choreographed and had better chemistry with their celeb. I might have misunderstood Melissa, too, and she might have meant Val for one dance, Maks for the second (if they have 2 dances next week). But I think she meant the same dance. Wonder if they picked an eliminated pro to come in, or if they can use the troupe, or a sidelined DWTS pro.

The ballroom battle thing-it was a big waste, but what else is new for a result show? However, I think they timed and handled the poorly. Tom was rushing the judges, who were having a tough time, and then it seemed like Len just blurted out Louis's team ranking and no one was paying attention. I get having to move the show along, but really, give the pros and their couples more respect. It also seemed like a short dance. I haven't been watching online, though. I knew Cheryl's team would win, but I liked Louis's the best.
    fireflyer, jucamer and Midol like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm not that big of a fan of Melissa and I thought their routine was one of the worst of the night. However, I didn't see all the routines and the problem was more with Maks' choreography than Melissa's dancing. I hope Maks takes a cue from this close call and does better on his choreography from now on. Less weirdo lifts and more dance content that makes Melissa look good or they're going to keep getting low scores!
    fireflyer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I'm not feeling the love for M/M at all. She seems miserable and is even sounding bitter to me. She looked completely ridiculous dancing last night - it was a train wreck - and then she's angry that she gets called out for it. She looked like an old lady being swung around by a big brute. There was no gracefulness, strength, or lines in any of her lifts.
    Agreed. She's charmless, bitter and as lousy a dancer as she is an actress, and I really can't understand why the people are loving on her.
    Kip, fireflyer and maude~flanders like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Just got finished reading both this thread and the thread for last night ... I was out of town the last few days, and unable to watch the show last night.

I am estactic that M & M weren't in the dance off ... I absolutely agree with the articles posted on the other thread that Melissa has not been given scores that are appropriate for the difficulty in the routines she has been performing.

The judges apparently did everything they possibly could to oust Melissa tonight, and it didn't work. For that, I am thrilled. I really am tired of the blatant favoritism of the judges and it looks like the viewing audience is too.

I agree. Melissa has been under scored consistently. The judges favorites should not reign when the viewers votes say otherwise.

I'm glad Melissa has kept her sense of humor. She makes it clear, without being disrespectful, that she knows what's going on.

I had predicted she would not be in the bottom last night and was so thrilled to be right. AND she may not be there next week either if the judges keep treating her shabbily. You never know who can have an off night or an injury could put a top contender out flat. You never know. Remember how the Karate Kid fell from the top late in the season? Just saying......LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Agreed. She's charmless, bitter and as lousy a dancer as she is an actress, and I really can't understand why the people are loving on her.
    I think they are voting for Maks, it doesn't matter if his partner ends up embarrassed .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think that viewers have favorties for different reasons. Perhaps, I support Melissa because I grew up admiring her as an actress. I think all the contestants should be treated fairly by the judges. I don't think that has happened in Melissa's case.
    Here's an article on the viewers backlash in support of Melissa.
    The Clicker - Power to the voters! 'Dancing With the Stars' fans silence the judges

Was that Paula Abdul in the live audience last night? You think she might be job hunting?
    jucamer likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Yes, it was Paula. I also saw Nancy Grace. Paula probably had a free night, while Nancy probably made the previous celeb dancer effort to be there.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think that viewers have favorties for different reasons. Perhaps, I support Melissa because I grew up admiring her as an actress. I think all the contestants should be treated fairly by the judges. I don't think that has happened in Melissa's case.
    Here's an article on the viewers backlash in support of Melissa.
    The Clicker - Power to the voters! 'Dancing With the Stars' fans silence the judges

Was that Paula Abdul in the live audience last night? You think she might be job hunting?
    I think that RickiRick had a great post .It wasn't about Melissa. It was more about Maks. I saw Paula, but you see a lot of celebs there
    fireflyer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread