+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: 4/30 DWTS 14: Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/30 DWTS 14: Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I second the motion to make Louis a judge. He can have Bruno's job, please!

Who's Louis? And I agree about the fangs except for the lower score part.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Who's Louis? And I agree about the fangs except for the lower score part.
    Louis Van Amstel is a professional dancer who appears regularly on DWTS. Sometimes he is a regular pro (partners like Niecy Nash and Margaret Cho), and some seasons he is one of the "extra" professionals who dances while guest musicians are playing or singing. He also choreographs some of the non-competition dances. And he seems to be well respected by other dancers, so he would be an improvement over any of the current judging panel, especially Carrie or Bruno (IMO).
    karalott, mom2, DancingDad and 2 others like this.

That was my first thought. Make Louis a judge! He is spot on.
    karalott, DancingDad and Alexxxx like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'd be fine making Louis a judge. How about Jonathan Roberts, Alec and Edyta, too, since they don't appear on the show anymore? Despite being friends with the pros, I think all of them could be unbiased and dish out actual constructive criticism and scores while being fair and nice. Jonathan may need to sit out when Anna's up, though.

If the show wants drama and fireworks, I say get someone who really knows their stuff, sit them next to CA, and watch them totally tear her down when she tries to give her biased, unknowledgable opinion (especially with the stupid lifts). Len's too much of a push over.

I like the idea of Jonathan. He used to do a blog about the show and his commentary was spot on. I'd give him CA's job in a heartbeat. The only problem is then we might lose my fiery redhead Anna who I dearly love to watch. It would be a total conflict of interest for him to judge and her dances.

Alec and Edyta together flanking Len would be an interesting dynamic. Edyta can bring her cocktail napkins to wear. Seeing as how they are married it could lead to some interesting disagreements.

Another idea - how about Ashly Costa instead of CA. She has paid her dues with the worst that DWTS can throw at a pro and always came out smiling. We could also use Elena Grinenko who does excellent analysis and commentary on a webcast about the show. Any of the above pros have forgotten more about ballroom dance than CA and Bruno ever knew.
    karalott, nanarama and AZChristian like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I like the idea of Jonathan. He used to do a blog about the show and his commentary was spot on. I'd give him CA's job in a heartbeat. The only problem is then we might lose my fiery redhead Anna who I dearly love to watch. It would be a total conflict of interest for him to judge and her dances.

Alec and Edyta together flanking Len would be an interesting dynamic. Edyta can bring her cocktail napkins to wear. Seeing as how they are married it could lead to some interesting disagreements.

Another idea - how about Ashly Costa instead of CA. She has paid her dues with the worst that DWTS can throw at a pro and always came out smiling. We could also use Elena Grinenko who does excellent analysis and commentary on a webcast about the show. Any of the above pros have forgotten more about ballroom dance than CA and Bruno ever knew.
    Maybe Anna could co-host. I think she'd be a riot. And, it'd be nice actually having a ballroom pro who knows what they're talking about (and who I could actually tolerate saying 'when I used to compete...') It's part of the reason I wouldn't want Maks to judge just yet, because we'd likely lose Tony and Val as pros. I think Maks could be fair, honest, and unbiased, but it'd be a conflict of interest with his younger brother and BFF. And ex-fiancee, Karina.

Anna, my feisty redhead as a cohost? It's a deal! I'd love that. She is so much fun.
    karalott and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

I was just remembering the premiere and how much promise this season seemed to have. So many good contestants, with lots of potential, no obvious ringers. It was exciting to be starting a very promising season. Now we're near the end in the same boat we always are. Crappy scoring, stupid themes, ridiculous grudges. I lay all that squarely at the feet of the Three Stooges. It could have been so good ...
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread