+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree421Likes

Thread: 4/30 DWTS 14: Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 4/30 DWTS 14: Performance Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Take that team tango! And the stooges (who I think are just doing what they're told anyway). I don't even watch them anymore, but just reading about them is unbearable.

No, Maks's AT wasn't the best, or close to it, that he's done, and it was what I worried what happened. But since it's all about favorites, I hope they stick around. I wish the judges got called out more often. After the premiere, TV Guide gave them a jeer for the overscoring that went on week 1. And it's only gotten worse. I like how that article calls them biased, and seems to indicate Melissa is screwed.

The WAY the judges divided up the scores between the two teams was strange to me, but honestly, I thought Team Tango was much better than Team Paso. And the studio audience is the LAST place to look for a real sense of how the dancers did. The show whips the crowd into a frenzy and tells them to cheer and boo over the judges' comments. They were screaming at the bare chests and the wild cape-whips like a bunch of animals -- I wonder if they even noticed the dancing.
    karalott, fireflyer, Midol and 1 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I agree, please LOSE the theme weeks!!! It causes a mutilation of the dances! The entire time, the audience is wondering if it's a rock n' roll dance, or a rumba, or a classical, or a jive, or a michael jackson or an argentine tange, is it a dance style, or is it a theme? Does this dance mesh with this theme, if not can we force the theme to match the style, can we dress in a way that's totally inappropriate for the theme but matches the dance, or can we dress in a way that's totally inappropriate for the dance but matches the theme...?

HOW ABOUT JUST DANCING the DANCE.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 05-01-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    The WAY the judges divided up the scores between the two teams was strange to me, but honestly, I thought Team Tango was much better than Team Paso. And the studio audience is the LAST place to look for a real sense of how the dancers did. The show whips the crowd into a frenzy and tells them to cheer and boo over the judges' comments. They were screaming at the bare chests and the wild cape-whips like a bunch of animals -- I wonder if they even noticed the dancing.
    This is one of the reasons I wish they'd have them do the same dance for the team dances (and wonder they they never have). It'd be a much fairer comparison. I think the paso is a much more crowd pleasing, showy dance where you can get away with technicality issues if you can compensate on the entertainment factor (going shirtless doesn't hurt, either). Tango is more about being in sync and percision, and I think can also be a crowd pleasing dance in it's own right. But I think if you have one weak link on the team, which obviously they didn't, it can go wrong. The last time there was a team tango vs team paso showdown, team tango also won. I would have been fine with them scoring out even, because I enjoyed both the same.

It'd be better if the producers didn't encourage the booing and cheering and let it happen naturally, because then we'd know when the audience meant business. But I'll go with them and their boos this time.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I think changing partners every week would be a much needed change, not put so much emphasis on the pros fanbases and them racking up more wins or seeing how the judges take one of their favorite celebs and judge them the same or if their bias comes out based on the pro, and really getting to see what the pro can do. I thought Mark DaCascos was better with Anna when she subbed for Lacey in season 9, and that Maks brought out a beautiful dance in Joanna Krupa that I didn't find completely overrated. While they're at it, can they rotate the 3 stooges and bring in new judges each week?
    Wow, you're talking about a LOt of changes there. But I like your ideas. All of them. How about REAL judges? Plus I'd leave Bruno in there to give a summary of each dance, but take away his scoring paddles.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Oh yeah, I like her...and she is good for not being a dancer! The package just felt a little forced.

Boy can Derek choreograph dances to dramatic music....whew! That was good!
    For some reason, this dance reminded me of his dance with Rikki Lake when they danced to the Psycho theme. It seemed very similar, people being killed, except they didn't have that backdrop with the lighting.
    nanarama and jucamer like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Wow, you're talking about a LOt of changes there. But I like your ideas. All of them. How about REAL judges? Plus I'd leave Bruno in there to give a summary of each dance, but take away his scoring paddles.
    Glad you understood my post, because I realized I wrote that in such a ramble, I had trouble understanding what I wrote for a minute there But I think it'd be interesting to say the least. I mean, I look at William, and wonder what he'd be like with Karina, Kym, or Anna, who have never had a partner in the sexy foreign actor that gets 9s and 10s for taking their shirt off. Or how would Derek have handled Martina or Gladys for a week (a real challenge). If they do an AS season, I hope they rotate pros. I know that part of the show and memories we have are the chemistry and friendship, sometimes lifelong, that develops between the pro and their celeb (Maks with Mel, Erin, Kirstie, Chelsie with Ty and Louie). They need to take away all the scoring paddles, or at least the 7-10 paddles for the first 6 weeks. Their comments alone are a joke, but the scores make it even more of a comedy act.

And on the subject of judges, I wonder if CA is being told what to say on twitter, because she praised how the show is handling the theme weeks and doing them justice, and even praised the singers (no, not just the guest singers). I guess it's easier to do that online because you don't have to keep a straight face. I think it's the exact opposite; theme weeks are a disaster, and we don't even need to go there with the singers. She did mention how wild the crowd went for team paso.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Oh, I remember the last time we had classical week. Magic.

Love Katherine. She is beautiful, so adorable and she brings a certain eloquence to the dance floor. Watching her dance mesmerizes me. Poor thing, she ends up with Mark as her partner. How could she possibly display passion in that dance when the guy is grinning at her like a pre-pubescent boy? She's not a freakin' miracle worker. I truly feel bad for her.

Melissa. Oh, dear. Facial/eye expressions say so much. While she says she is having fun, her eyes say something different. She just doesn't have that pure joy that I have seen from other celebs.

William. Oh wait. There's that opera girl. How does THAT voice come out of that tiny little body? Gosh, she is awesome! And how did that guy with the hot body dance so well? That was beautiful and proves that he doesn't need to rely on sex appeal to prove he is a good dancer. Bravo!!

The show doesn't like Roshon. Classical Lady Gaga? I like Gaga, the composition wasn't so bad. I like Roshon and his dancing. Why would the producers give him this song? I call sabotage. That wasn't blatant at all.

Donald. Damn. That was awesome!! That dance is going into my DWTS video hall of fame. Woooohooooooo!

Maria. Wow! Truly.Have.No.Words.

Jaleel. Liked him last week. This week, not so much.

Jackie's back. She can't be human, where does that voice come from? Team Tango, that was slick. Very entertaining.

Paso Doble+the music=Intense. I liked Donald's solo. I think he was the one that was out of sync though?

For one moment, I wished that I was Bruno. Maks, William and Donald sitting in front of me? *faceplant*
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I just have to say that watching little Jackie Evancho is like watching magic. She absolutely hypnotizes me. She transforms from a little girl to an angel, and channels that voice from heaven. Also, kudos to her parents for leaving her unspoiled. Just wow.
    Did you guys notice the way after one of her songs, she hopped up and down and did a little dance in excitement? She was so happy to be there and so thrilled at the dancing that she couldn't even contain herself. I've never heard of her since I don't watch the show she was on. She is adorable and truly a gifted singer.
    J.D., TIA__MA and AZChristian like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

There's that opera girl. How does THAT voice come out of that tiny little body? Gosh, she is awesome! And how did that guy with the hot body dance so well? That was beautiful and proves that he doesn't need to rely on sex appeal to prove he is a good dancer. Bravo!!

I loved last night - I enjoyed it all.I know when I first heard little Jackie she sounded so much older.That's why everyone refers to her as an 'old soul. 'I agree,William was very good. And no, he definitely doesn't have rely on sex appeal.He can dance!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread