+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Who would you include in the DWTS All-Star cast? **Speculation For Now**

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Who would you include in the DWTS All-Star cast? **Speculation For Now**

I do hope that they do not include winners, even if that means I don't get to watch Apolo Ohno again. As much as I loved Ty Murray, I don't want him to do this show again either. He only did it because of his wife, plus I'd rather keep my memories of him and that season intact. Lightning rarely strikes twice.

I'd like to see:

Jason Taylor
    Chad Ochocinco
    Gilles Marini
    Chris Jericho
    Kurt Warner
    Romeo

Audrina Patridge
    Joanna Krupa
    Shannen Doherty
    Kirstie Alley
    jucamer likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Kate claims her 'fans' on twitter are begging and hoping she'll be part of an AS edition. The woman is delusional. Even CA called out how self absorbed she was and said she really believe she was a good dancer and didn't understand her exit so early (in Kate's universe, to us it was long overdue), and that she really believed she was going to win. It wasn't just saying that because she had to. She honestly thought she would be in the finals and that she was being intentionally lowballed. Tony, on the other hand, now he did have to pretend all was well and Kate was good. I just can't fathom the show bringing her back. She'd be brought back solely because she's a laughingstock. The show should realize people are over her. Her show got cancelled and lost ratings every week. No one is interested in giving her media opportunies. She had to cancel a cruise because it didn't fill up. Yes, people may tune in to laugh at her, but that won't last. The novelty of seein gthe sideshow DWTS hopes to capitalize on will wear off quickly. And then those of us who want to actually enjoy the show will see te judges overscore and baby her while actul fan favorites with better skills and attitudes re sent packing. How do you even justify bringing her back? Everyone will see right through it. Sadly, I see her going to Maks, mainly because the show will probably hope to get some explosive rehearsals out of them. If calm, cool, and collected Tony can storm out of rehearsals, imagine the damage they can do to Maks in making him look bad. Although I'd say he's justified to do and act however he wants. And I bet we won't be seeing a dance off next season, just to ensure the worst dancers who bring the controversy stick around : ohno You know it's bad when Master P could beat you in a dance off. She needs to stay home and do something she hasn't done in years. Like, maybe parent her kids?
    ness, GabbyG, mushybrain and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Kate claims her 'fans' on twitter are begging and hoping she'll be part of an AS edition. The woman is delusional. Even CA called out how self absorbed she was and said she really believe she was a good dancer and didn't understand her exit so early (in Kate's universe, to us it was long overdue), and that she really believed she was going to win. It wasn't just saying that because she had to. She honestly thought she would be in the finals and that she was being intentionally lowballed. Tony, on the other hand, now he did have to pretend all was well and Kate was good. I just can't fathom the show bringing her back. She'd be brought back solely because she's a laughingstock. The show should realize people are over her. Her show got cancelled and lost ratings every week. No one is interested in giving her media opportunies. She had to cancel a cruise because it didn't fill up. Yes, people may tune in to laugh at her, but that won't last. The novelty of seein gthe sideshow DWTS hopes to capitalize on will wear off quickly. And then those of us who want to actually enjoy the show will see te judges overscore and baby her while actul fan favorites with better skills and attitudes re sent packing. How do you even justify bringing her back? Everyone will see right through it. Sadly, I see her going to Maks, mainly because the show will probably hope to get some explosive rehearsals out of them. If calm, cool, and collected Tony can storm out of rehearsals, imagine the damage they can do to Maks in making him look bad. Although I'd say he's justified to do and act however he wants. And I bet we won't be seeing a dance off next season, just to ensure the worst dancers who bring the controversy stick around : ohno You know it's bad when Master P could beat you in a dance off. She needs to stay home and do something she hasn't done in years. Like, maybe parent her kids?
    If Khate could push cool, calm, collected TONY so far over the edge that he stormed out of a rehearsal, snatched a mic off as he went, and yelled "I QUIT!", on CAMERA, with tape rolling, then MAKS would be in a WHOLE other world of trouble. He'd TRULY give her as good as he got FROM her, and would probably wind up sealing his fate and getting himself bounced off the show, altogether.

BELEIVE it!

Khate is just as --- if not even MORE --- crazy than that loon Teresa on RHONJ.

Still wouldn't put it past TPTB to bring her back and pair her with Maks, though.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

If half of the rumors about Kate's time on the show were true, then the show is in no hurry to have her back. She really was/is more trouble than any benefit of a potential ratings boost...and considering that she's not even on TV anymore, it's doubtful she would even help the ratings.

Tony had Stacey Keibler, Jane Seymour, Susan Lucci, Melissa Rycroft (ugh)...but I think they should bring back Chynna Phillips for him, and give her a second chance.
    karalott, Florimel, ness and 2 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    If half of the rumors about Kate's time on the show were true, then the show is in no hurry to have her back. She really was/is more trouble than any benefit of a potential ratings boost...and considering that she's not even on TV anymore, it's doubtful she would even help the ratings.

Tony had Stacey Keibler, Jane Seymour, Susan Lucci, Melissa Rycroft (ugh)...but I think they should bring back Chynna Phillips for him, and give her a second chance.
    If they were to bring back one of Tony's former partners to partner him with, it would probably be Chynna or Audrina. I'd love for it to be Stacey (and she even said once she'd never dance on the show again without him), but since she's Clooney's new girlfriend, I don't know that I see her bothering. Chynna would have the whole surprise early ouster/redemption arc going for her. She was probably one of the better dancers last season, at least far better than the majority who made it past her, and the week she went out was the week she blanked on her dance half way through. Wilson Phillips is a little more visible now (I think they have a new album and reality show?), so that might give her a fan boost, too. Audrina has the whole surprise early exit for a better dancer angle, but I'm not sure that she'd have the fanbase a second time, since I don't see or hear much about her anymore. I would hope to god Melissa wasn't asked back. But I'd be kind of surprised. Yesterday's news. I could possibly see Marissa Winokour being asked back, or campaiging to the masses to get her back on. It'll probably depend how many couples they have, and whether their first choices can or want to do it. Tony doesn't have a lot of potential good partners to choose from the past, assuming they were going to go the former pair route. I'm not sure I see a lot of his former partners on the producers wish list, but if Stacey Keibler was game, she'd probably be on. They'd probably hope for a George Clooney appearance in the audience.

I heard that Kate and Jake were the two least liked cast members of season 10, and that the rest of the cast often got together but excluded them because they couldn't stand being around them. We know the rumors or Kate being a total diva behind the scenes; I think I remember reading something about wanting her own hair and make up people, and her bodyguard (or boyfriend, whatever he is), standing guard and making sure no one from the cast or crew bothered her. The show even built her a dance studio at her house in PA so she could practice at home, but I think she wound up tearing that up after her stint on the show. When Martina/Tony were on Anderson Cooper earlier this year, Anderson and Tony both poked fun at Kate. She still didn't seem to get it I don't think a ratings boost that Kate would provide is worth it. All the headaches and demands from someone who apparently thinks they have the star power of Angelina Jolie. Of course, I think anyone that gets on AS will have a huge ego boost and think they're pretty special, even if they were a 20th choice. And, would Kate alone be a ratings bump? Probably not. They could leave Bristol, Chaz, Kate, and every other controversial contestant out and the show would do fine, and probably get a ratings boost just from the whole AS angle. It's crazy. I don't even think the media will give a crap about Kate and focus solely on her.
    ness likes this.

You guys are probably going to hate me but I would really like to see Nicole back. I really did like her.

Of course they need to bring Giles back & why not bring Chyna, Sabrina & Aurdiann back. Kirstie too.

I can not imagine them bring Kate back to dance with Maks. If that is true then we need to start a bail fund for him now because this will be a trainwreck. I could have sworn I read somewhere online that Kate was considering suing DWTS.

Ok I mis-read it but here's the link:

Kate Gosselin fires back at Tony Dovolani and Anderson Cooper over "Dancing with the Stars" slam - Celebrity Circuit - CBS News
    karalott likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Not that TPTB asked my opinion, but I think they would get higher ratings by actually choosing a group of fan favorites, rather than controversial "stars". I think there are many fans who have left over the stunt castings and some of the crap they have done over the last few seasons. Bring back a bunch of older favorite, beloved stars, and my guess is the fans would return in droves to see them again.

On Kate and Maks - while I would never wish it on him because I love him, the one benefit might be that it would gain Maks a lot of new fans. Anyone watching him with her, and seeing him not hold back and say to her what we all know needs to be said to her - might raise him up in a bunch of peoples' minds!!
    karalott and jucamer like this.

The trouble with bringing back "controversial" celebs is, they at least have to be able to dance well for it to make any sense. The logical assumption of an "All-Stars" season is that all the returning stars danced at a certain level, otherwise what makes the season special? Sure we could fill up the roster with sentimental faves like Buzz Aldrin, Sugar Ray Leonard, Florence Henderson and Carson, but they'll be predictably picked off like flies in the first half of the season.

If they have to bring back "controversial" stars (and really, I don't think they should waste space on the roster for it), they should bring back Rob Kardashian or Aaron Carter, but not someone who can't get through a single dance like Kate.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

It's hard to talk about an "all star" season when most of the "stars" are only D listers. It would be interesting to have an "all winners" season, but I don't think that is in the cards. I don't support the idea of an all "star" season in which past winners are mixed with non-winners. If an "all star" season occurs it should be for good dancers who never quite made it. Many of the lists I've seen so far included both winners and fan favorites. I like the idea of non-winning fan favorites the best. It would also be interesting to me to get a whole new crop of pros to go with the "all-stars". That would get rid of the issue of some contestants switching pros and others not. It would also level the playing field.

I really hope they keep the horrible dancers to a minimum, unless they show some signs of improvement (maybe they'll take a dance class before coming back). There's been times at the finale, when they have all the ousted couples back for one last dance, how they look out of it when they're trying to dance, despite looking better the first time they hit the floor when the season started. Now, I know in the finale they could probably give a crap about looking good and they don't have the pressure of the judges to worry about. I'd rather skip the winners and bring back those who fans legitamately feel were robbed or who have as many vocal camps as the person who beat them (thinking of Joey Fatone, Gilles Marini, Evan Lysachek, Mario Lopez), to name a few second place finishers that people thought should have won in the first place. If Nicole Scherzinger is back, I hope they give her to anyone but Derek or Mark. I really hope she isn't even on the list, but I won't be surprised if she is. However, I could somehow see her missing the finals entirely this time. I think they have more than enough fan favorites that are as close to 'stars' as possible that have some ounce of rhythm in their body and were a joy to watch before, that they can bring back and get their ratings boost and have people happy without stooping to the bottom of the barrel.
    anemone and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast