+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: 4/24 DWTS 14 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/24 DWTS 14 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

If the judges hadn't said from the get go that the winner of the dance off was based soley on technical ability, I wouldn't have a problem with CA giving Gladys a vote either. They make rules, they break rules, they judge one way one week (CA and her lifts) and not the next (movie week - "there was a lift but I'm not going to deduct for it this week)". They do what they want along the way to get who they want in the finals. I am just done with them

Awww....Gladys is such a class act. I'm a fan for life now. I think what I've enjoyed most about this season is her and her relationship with Tristan. He was so respectful of her...always. He didn't put her in slutty costumes or make her flip her wig while wallowing around on the floor. He treated her with every ounce of respect within him. I hope he gets someone with a lot of potential next season.
    karalott, J.D., ness and 6 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    If the judges hadn't said from the get go that the winner of the dance off was based soley on technical ability, I wouldn't have a problem with CA giving Gladys a vote either. They make rules, they break rules, they judge one way one week (CA and her lifts) and not the next (movie week - "there was a lift but I'm not going to deduct for it this week)". They do what they want along the way to get who they want in the finals. I am just done with them
    That was my point. I'm fine with them giving Gladys a vote, but it totally defeats the purpose of what the dance duel is supposed to be, by their own words-and that is, saving the better dancer. Now, I wasn't paying that close of attention to Roshon, but it didn't look like he bombed that horribly. And I don't think it was close in the judges eyes like CA said. If the dance off dance is supposed to be about saving the better dancer (and quite honestly, it makes no sense since the judges are supposed to base it on that one dance, and the better dancer could tank), then they should vote on the better dancer. I love Gladys as much as anyone here, and would have been fine losing Roshon. But based on dancing, he was better. Gladys is way more enjoyable, though, and I will miss her. Tristan too. I loved their partnership. I agree JavaJo that I'm glad Tristan proved you can have someone in Gladys's age range, but not go all Corky Ballas on them. I was no fan of Cloris Leachman, but I still cringe at some of the stunts he made her pull. And it was even more insane the judges rewarded it with high scores!
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Gladys said she lost 60 pounds while on the show....wow!!!
    karalott, jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.

I love Gladys. I just read this:

Meanwhile, the beloved performer will stick to her simple philosophy: “I don’t care what it is—whether I’m talking to you or dancing or singing on stage, I’m going to always give you the best part of me.”

Such a lovely person.
    karalott, Florimel, ness and 8 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia97 View Post
    The judges/producers handle certain "stars" more gently (protective of their fragility), others rather harshly, and over-score their favorites....otherwise Kelly Osborne and Bristol Palin would never have gone as far as they did. They handled those two with kid gloves.
    And most definitely Chaz as well.
    karalott, Florimel and jucamer like this.

I have been, and will always be a huge fan of Gladys. Her talent and grace is an insperation to all women. She left with class and I would expect nothing less from her.

Even though it was sad for her to go during this Motown week I figured she would be the one to go. I am so happy that she had Tristan for a partner. I saw both of them on the Jimmy Kimmel show and Gladys clearly showed her affection for him as well as he did for her.

As a side note, I don't know if it is just me, but I have noticed that the lowest vote getter always seems to be on the very right side of the TV screen. Please correct me if I am wrong and not remembering correctly.
    MountainBreeze likes this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

What I noticed is that the bottom four on the leaderboard were the ones in jeopardy. The top four on the leaderboard were declared safe. Interesting production call once the votes were figured into the mix.
    fireflyer likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I've also seen her Vegas show and she is wonderful. So warm; her smile just lights up the showroom. (Was replying to the post about Gladys's Vegas show).
    Last edited by Playbear; 04-25-2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Edited to add . . .

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Awww....Gladys is such a class act. I'm a fan for life now. I think what I've enjoyed most about this season is her and her relationship with Tristan. He was so respectful of her...always. He didn't put her in slutty costumes or make her flip her wig while wallowing around on the floor. He treated her with every ounce of respect within him. I hope he gets someone with a lot of potential next season.
    Tristan may not have gotten the one with the most potential; he may not have gotten the hot, flashing one, and he may not have gotten the most charismatic one, but what he did get was the legend, and in music she is one. There was an awful lot of glory attached to Gladys Knight, and Tristan got to share in that. Even though it ended early, I feel that still it was an extremely positive experience for him. Gladys just radiated positive energy, and people loved her. He was with her, so he got that as well. It was good for him.
    Florimel, ilja and MountainBreeze like this.

+ Reply to Thread