+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: 4/24 DWTS 14 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/24 DWTS 14 Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Just tuned in. After the treat of having real Motown artists last night, the Wonder-Bread house band is just ... ummm .... Muzak. Ick.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Exactly. I think he would have gone home tonight if not for this producer manipulation stunt. They need to retire this dance off and never bring it back. Whatever the votes do is what the votes do. We may groan, moan, and whine about it but in the end it was America wanted.

My biggest whine is when the judges are skewing the points hard to keep their favorites in, then I get mad because that takes the power away from us. If they don't like the way America votes then just don't let us vote.
    It does make me wonder if they'll hold off doing a double elimination and just let 4 finalists into the finals this year (because it's such a competitive season and all ), and justify it that way so they can keep as many of their chosen ones in as possible. I'm just over te favoritism and manipulation that goes on that screws some contestants over who could have just laughed in the shows face and said no thanks, but who decided to get out there and try it. And then seeing others getting crammed down our throats and elements being added to save them if they aren't bringing in the fan votes. And likely with good reason. Why bother having America vote if they'll just find a way to override it? It should tell them something if people aren't getting te votes. At least online, people seem turned off to Roshon.. How that translates to the casual viewer who doesn't go online to read up, I don't know. But his second time in the bottom 2 in 2 weeks, I'm thinking he's not doing so hot. So do they keep finding ways to save the same person and claim that people are just forgetting to vote for them because they're so good? I liked this show when the judges were restrained, judged, and getting a 7 seemed like overscoring. When the producers stayed out of it and let thing happen as they may. When the contestants weren't overworked on dances, and when favoritism and bias didn't skew into the results. Basically, when it was a fun show. The contestants looked drained last week after tjhe dance off, and then this week. I doubt any of them like it, and now Melissa is the one who has to worry the most about landing there. I'd really like to see William and Katherine land in the dance duel next week, just for kicks I could live with Roshon being in the bottom 2 again.

Even though Gladys wasn't going to survive the dance off, so CA's vote didn't hurt overall, it still made no sense. Last week, when they did the montage of "better" dancers being voted off prematurely (by their standards), it seemed to defeat the purpose this week when CA voted for Gladys over Roshon. Whatever issues Roshon had in the jive, it was obviously better than Gladys. And in watching Jimmy Kimmel tonight, he made the point of why do we want to see the worst dancers dance again and vie to be saved? Last week, I think Gavin was going to be voted off regeardless. This week? I think it's quite possible Roshon would hae been out if it hadn't been for the danceoff.

I'm going to miss Tristan and his accent And I'll miss Gladys. I can't believe that woman is almost 70! And she still moves better than me, and I'm quite a bit younger. She looks great, was a class act, and enjoyed her time. I hope she's able to come back and sing on one of the results show or maybe the finale. I heard next week Louis and Karina will be dancing to Gavin DeGraw (who doesn't exactly fit classical week, but when has this show made sense).

Like your post, Kara. Reading back up the way, I don't think CA wussed out or that she showed guts in voting for Gladys to stay. The most logical to me is that the producers directed either CA or Len to vote for Gladys, for the drama of a tie to be broken or just for the courtesy of giving Gladys a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy View Post
    Like your post, Kara. Reading back up the way, I don't think CA wussed out or that she showed guts in voting for Gladys to stay. The most logical to me is that the producers directed either CA or Len to vote for Gladys, for the drama of a tie to be broken or just for the courtesy of giving Gladys a vote.
    I think it was for the courtesy of giving Gladys a vote ... but I'm surprised that CA didn't vote for Roshon because she's been praising him (even said he was the best male dancer there) and Len didn't vote for Gladys for the save after saying last night that if he was sitting at home watching, he would be dialing in his votes for Gladys. They speak with fork tongue.

I agree with both of you that it was probably just a courtesy vote. Had Gavin not done so horribly last week, I wondered if they'd throw him a pity vote, too. But then again, I don't think the judges wanted to diss Gladys Knight in anyway. CA is apparently taking a bit of flack on twitter over her vote and the dance off in general. She said the dance off comes as a result from what the fans supposedly wanted and isn't taking away the power to vote. Except it sort of is when you're not going with the outcome the fans wanted. I also thought Len would be the one to give Gladys his vote. It's why I hope Melissa can make it through the dance duel. I don't want her or Maks to be voted off, but I know it's coming, and I'd rather it be lack of votes vs the judges being the deciding factor. Sometimes I do wonder, though, how much flack the judges take when something may be solely the work of the producers. I don't know if I believe the comments and scores don't come from the producers as well. Of course, I think the judges do enough aggrivating and stupid stuff on their own that they deserve any criticism they get. But I've often wondered if the producers have a hand in how a pro choreographs. I don't believe it's any coincidence when one couple that's deemed a favorite keeps getting the pimp spot (or near it) every week, the best music, the best dance style of that week, and the better use of props, plus the judges glossing over messing about and lifts, while another couple gets dinged because their foot went wrong once. So I think it's a mix of producer manipulation and judges favoritism.

And according to CA, there is a double elimination, not next week, but the week after.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-25-2012 at 03:04 AM.
    Dahlia97, jucamer and Midol like this.

Ok maybe its just me, but why is it ok for the fans to vote for people on everything under the sun besides dancing but not the judges? I mean we the fans do not want someone questioning the reasoning behind our votes but we turn around and question the judges votes. Hmm doesn't sound fair to me.
    jucamer likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Just tuned in. After the treat of having real Motown artists last night, the Wonder-Bread house band is just ... ummm .... Muzak. Ick.
    Ummmmm . . .

Somehow, methinks that Muzak sounds MUCH better than the Wonder-Bread house band, Hon.

Please.

DON'T insult Muzak like that!

LOL!

AZChristian likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Ok maybe its just me, but why is it ok for the fans to vote for people on everything under the sun besides dancing but not the judges? I mean we the fans do not want someone questioning the reasoning behind our votes but we turn around and question the judges votes. Hmm doesn't sound fair to me.
    My opinion: I don't think they judge fairly. I feel they overinflate scores for some couples, underscore others, let mistakes go with some, and others are called out (or have been in previous season) for doing something another couple gets away with. And some of my favorites in the past wer on the side that I felt was being overscored and overpraised. I just think it's all manipulated and about keeping certain celebs in over others. They say vote for your favorite or who you think did the best. The judges have their say, and the fans should have their's. It shouldn't be the fans vote, but we're going to decide who goes home just in case. Some of the ringers and best dancers on this show have been among my least favorite, because they were just dull and had no charisma. I think they're just as bad at playing favorites as the viewers are.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Somehow, methinks that Muzak sounds MUCH better than the Wonder-Bread house band, Hon.

Please.

DON'T insult Muzak like that!
    If Muzak sounded like the Wonder-Break house band, I'd be avoiding elevators and taking the stairs.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by azchristian View Post
    if muzak sounded like the wonder-break house band, i'd be avoiding elevators and taking the stairs.
    Tee Hee!!!!!!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread