+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 374
Like Tree715Likes

Thread: 4/23 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #361
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,870

    Re: 4/23 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That would be good .I don't think Jaleel will be in the bottom two, not the way he danced last night. Interesting thought, who would they choose? I would choose Jaleel.

    I don't think he will be in the bottom two tonight either ... I was thinking more of perhaps next week.

  2. #362
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,596

    Re: 4/23 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    I'd like to make an OBJECTIVE comment about Mark and Peta and why I think they do their stars a disservice.

    When watching two professionals dance together (a la Anna and Val last night), they are BOTH going full out and can match each other for showmanship, step for step. That's the level that it seems Mark and Peta bring while they're dancing with their assigned stars. The problem is that because even the best stars (except for ringers) are nothing more than amateurs, the pro comes off as showboating, and it takes attention away from the star. In some cases, that's good. But if the star has potential, it may be hidden by the choreography which showcases the pro.

    Okay - ending the objectivity here.

    Mark DOES showboat to a degree where I tend to just tune out the performances of him and his partner. I dislike his over-the-top responses to judging and crowd reaction. Really - a back flip and a spin in the middle of the floor after "winning" the marathon? What did this have to do with dancing WITH the star? I dislike his facial shenanigans while dancing, and I thought his spats were started as an affectation ("look at me!!!!") which some of the other stars copied to poke fun at him. I thought his jumping around like a hyperactive 6-year-old while getting their scores last night was unprofessional and demeaning to his very classy partner. Can he choreograph well? Yes, I think he can. But when your less-desirable traits outshine your skills . . . you're holding back your professional development.
    Last edited by AZChristian; 04-24-2012 at 01:26 PM.

  3. #363
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,478

    Re: 4/23 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    I don't think he will be in the bottom two tonight either ... I was thinking more of perhaps next week.
    Well we don't have many weeks to go ,that's for sure. I am wondering who is in the bottom two for the dance off tonight.Next week could come down to the two you mentioned. I just can tell anymore
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #364
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,763

    Re: 4/23 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Mark DOES showboat to a degree where I tend to just tune out the performances of him and his partner. I dislike his over-the-top responses to judging and crowd reaction. Really - a back flip and a spin in the middle of the floor after "winning" the marathon? What did this have to do with dancing WITH the star? I dislike his facial shenanigans while dancing, and I thought his spats were started as an affectation ("look at me!!!!") which some of the other stars copied to poke fun at him. I thought his jumping around like a hyperactive 6-year-old while getting their scores last night was unprofessional and demeaning to his very classy partner. Can he choreograph well? Yes, I think he can. But when your less-desirable traits outshine your skills . . . you're holding back your professional development.

    Very well said and I agree with EVERY WORD!!!!
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  5. #365
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: 4/23 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    I just wanted to add my comments from last night. I am sorry I can't be here with you during the show, but enjoy reading all the different comments and opinions from all of you. I realize that we all have different favorites with pros and the contestants. My comments are just based on what I see and as always are just my opinions.

    Gladys. I was so glad that she was there until Motown Week, but do feel it is time for her to go. I love Gladys, but dance wise it is time.

    Maria and Derek. I really like Maria and think she dances really well. In any other season I think she would be a front runner. She learns quickly and has natural ability.

    Roshon. I think he was robbed last night. It is hard to compare Roshon to a William type. Roshon does not have the looks or build of a William. He knows that and I think that is why it is hard for him to come across sexy. He is also younger than William. I know a lot of people here do not care for Roshon, but I like him. He really tries hard and I thought he pulled it off last night. I enjoyed his dance and was disappointed in the judges for picking it apart. The judges inconsistency is driving me crazy as usual.

    Katherine. I think she is a fantastic dancer, but she seemed off to me last night and I agree she was over scored. Mark seemed to really act quite weird last night with all his extra antics. I was turned off by it. He should let her alone and be the dancer she is without all the grandstanding. I think the judges clearly want her to win and they again feed into showing their favoritism of her and it might actually hurt her. She was over scored last night.

    Jaeel. He is a good dancer. He proved it with last week's dance off and again last night with his performance. I know many would not mind seeing him go, but if the controversy was never mentioned I think it would be different. I still choose to ignore it and just base it on his dancing ability.

    Donald. I think Donald is great. I like him as a person and as a dancer. I think Peta is at fault with Donald. She needs to give him more content. I do agree with the judges (think it was Len) who said Peta needed to step it up and give him more to work with. I agree completely.

    Melissa. I finally saw improvement with her. She was entirely too nervous before, but saw her relax more last night. She may be suited more for the slower dances. I enjoyed their dance.

    William. He is definitely a sex symbol and Cheryl is concentrating on that alone. I thought Roshon danced better than William last night. You have to do more than just stand there and move your hands where Cheryl tells you to. CA and Bruno started that business with just concentrating on the sexiness of a dance. Finally, CA said something last night. It is about time. I think William would be able to handle more content, but Cheryl has to provide him more content. He was way over scored.

    Regarding the dance marathon I thought it was a joke. No way should Katherine and William have been the last two standing. Even the cameras did not let us see what was going on with each couple. The few times I could see I saw Jaeel lifting Kim up and spinning her over his head while William and Katherine seemed to be doing not much of anything. It was a poor attempt to give their favorites some extra points. Makes me wonder if they are not getting the votes from the audience and need help from the judges to keep them in. I agree with whoever said that it might have been better to let some non-partial judges do the job instead of them. First of all I think it is rather hard for 3 judges to look at what each couple is doing to be able to judge fairly. I think this whole idea is ridiculous.

    My final comment is that I enjoyed the music of the time. Brought back lots of good memories and good music. They might not sound as good as they once did, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and everyone sure looked like they were enjoying themselves. Props to all of them and all the great music they gave us over the years.
    karalott, TIA__MA, Bet2Win and 4 others like this.

  6. #366
    FORT Fanatic mushybrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    731

    Re: 4/23 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Regarding the dance marathon I thought it was a joke. No way should Katherine and William have been the last two standing. Even the cameras did not let us see what was going on with each couple. The few times I could see I saw Jaeel lifting Kim up and spinning her over his head while William and Katherine seemed to be doing not much of anything. It was a poor attempt to give their favorites some extra points. Makes me wonder if they are not getting the votes from the audience and need help from the judges to keep them in.
    I am thinking the same thing. Katherine is lovely and talented, but I can't imagine she has the fan base to give her the win. I think the judges are throwing her and Mark extra points everywhere they can to keep her in as long as possible.
    jucamer, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

  7. #367
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,478

    Re: 4/23 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I am thinking the same thing. Katherine is lovely and talented, but I can't imagine she has the fan base to give her the win. I think the judges are throwing her and Mark extra points everywhere they can to keep her in as long as possible.
    I hope so, I want to see much more of her. I am enjoying her so much, she is a great little dancer!

    When I was trying to get through to vote, their line was busy for a long time.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  8. #368
    Bigfoot love DWTS! RickiRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    334

    Re: 4/23 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    As far as winning it all, I think Katherine has the talent to get her to the final 3, but I don't see her winning it all with Mark fanning the flames of his detractors.

    It is going to take someone with both fan votes and good dancing to win. I think Donald has a good chance, or even William or Maria. Jaleel or Roshon or even Mellisa could make the final 3, although I can't see any of these winning it all.

    So while some are disappointed that the final winner appears too obvious already, I think there are at least 4 potential winners, a good race for the final 3, and overall a more interesting and competitive season than average. The only thing that seems ordained is that Katherine will make it to the finals.

    On the other hand it would be even more interesting if they didn't overscore Katherine and made it all more competitive. I predict she will have to fall from grace and be redeamed before it is all over.
    Midol likes this.

  9. #369
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,478

    Re: 4/23 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    Maria and Derek. These two ended up in the middle of the pack which is unusual for Derek. Something isn't quite right with this couple--they have potential to be the best but they are in the middle and seem content about it. I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the bottom 2 this week.
    I think they could be in the bottom two this week. .Interesting dance off that would be, I am just not sure who with.



    Melissa & Maks. I've been trying to figure out what keeps me from supporting this couple. One is that she never looks very comfortable, the other is that I can imagine, for the duration of a dance, many of the couples actually playing the role of the dance, but when I see these two all I see is Maks the Famous Pro and Someone He Is Trying to Teach. It just seems technical and emotionless
    .

    Yes , well put.


    I predict she will have to fall from grace and be redeamed before it is all over.
    She dances so well, I would hate to lose her .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #370
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 4/23 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    As far as winning it all, I think Katherine has the talent to get her to the final 3, but I don't see her winning it all with Mark fanning the flames of his detractors.

    It is going to take someone with both fan votes and good dancing to win. I think Donald has a good chance, or even William or Maria. Jaleel or Roshon or even Mellisa could make the final 3, although I can't see any of these winning it all.

    So while some are disappointed that the final winner appears too obvious already, I think there are at least 4 potential winners, a good race for the final 3, and overall a more interesting and competitive season than average. The only thing that seems ordained is that Katherine will make it to the finals.

    On the other hand it would be even more interesting if they didn't overscore Katherine and made it all more competitive. I predict she will have to fall from grace and be redeamed before it is all over.
    It figures that Derek, though I'm not liking him this season, has a partner I could stand to see win, and it probably won't happen However, I think there's a possibility Maria could sneak into the finals. Against William and Katherine, unless Derek's fanbase is gigantic, I think she'll finish 3rd. Right now, I'm sticking with a final 3 of Donald/William/Katherine. Maria's the only other one I could possibly see there. I think there's a very, very slim chance Jaleel or Roshon, but I don't think either has the fanbase to go that far. I guess the show can make it all about Mark and Cheryl and hype up which one will join Derek as a 3 time winner. If one of them doesn't win, I'll eat my...well, I don't know what but I don't think I'll have to figure it out. This could have been the best season ever, if the judges didn't play favorites and hold grudges, and if the producers stayed out of it. But they've made it obvious what they want, and I'm sure they'll do whatever they can to comp for lack of fan votes. That's why I think they have the dance duel. And it could be Gladys and Melissa are doing better in the fan vote than expected, so they hope they can get rid of them this way.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-24-2012 at 06:12 PM.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.