+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: 4/17 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/17 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

It's a good thing I wasn't posting when Bristol was on. I liked her dancing and the improvements she made over time. I've been having a feeling that a lot of the animosity toward Mark was because of his pairing with her. Since I consider this site my non-political site, I don't really like to talk about these topics here but felt compelled to be at least one person defending her attempt to learn to dance.
    fireflyer likes this.

I thought Bristol was fine, and she improved a little every week. I certainly didn't hate her being on the show( or who her mother was) . She was focused, and she worked hard. She had never danced before, and she came out with a big smile and happy feet. When they were dancing ,they were also raising money for suicide prevention, which is Marks cause. I didn't have a problem with her at all. I think some better dancers went home before she did( Brandy and Maks for one) she had high scores & Bristol had low scores, (consistently low) . But they had fan votes. , we are told to vote for our favorites, she apparently had fans

Having said that, If Brandy and Maks and Mark and Bristol were the two lowest say this week, and they had the dance off .Brandy would have stayed, and Bristol would have gone home.
    fireflyer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Who is John Galt?

Consider me another voice for Bristol being on the show and I personally like her mother. I also thought this was a NON-POLITICAL forum, but evidently I was wrong (although one only has to read the Current Events forum to figure it out). Some of the people who have been on this show (Mr. P.) for example didn't even try and were only on the show for publicity. Bristol tried her best, but lacked any talent at dancing. There, I've said my bit and I could care less what anyone thinks!
    fireflyer and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    Consider me another voice for Bristol being on the show and I personally like her mother. I also thought this was a NON-POLITICAL forum, but evidently I was wrong (although one only has to read the Current Events forum to figure it out). Some of the people who have been on this show (Mr. P.) for example didn't even try and were only on the show for publicity. Bristol tried her best, but lacked any talent at dancing. There, I've said my bit and I could care less what anyone thinks!
    It is non political, some people thought her fan base was also her mothers fan base.One cant help thinking that.Sarah Palin showed up to support her daughter .I honestly don't care.I am in Canada. I too think she tried, that's all we can ask of any of them. At least she looked like she was enjoying herself, I don't think she lacked talent, her quickstep with Mark was very good( and he didn't make it easy for her) . some of these so called stars that come on, look like it's torture. Master P was certainly one of them, as you mentioned.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-20-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm going to stir the pot just a little bit. The music to which Maria and Derek danced their Salsa was the same music used by Tony when he danced the Salsa with Melissa Rycroft and I do believe they got a 30 for that dance. Whatever you say about Melissa, she has a great dance body.
    I was no fan of Melissa's, but I loved seeing Tony so happy. He rarely gets that lucky, and anymore, when he does, his partner doesn't seem to have the fan base or appeal to stick around (or is just plain unlucky in messing up their dance). Audrina and Chynna were the last two really good partners he had since Melissa, and both were still out relatively early. I'd love to see him get someone that isn't a dud again. I know he gets knocked for his choregraphy, but with the right partner, I think he can do amazing things.
    jucamer likes this.

After this many years of DWTS, I suspect many of the regular voting audience vote for the PROS rather than the stars (although they might not be honest enough with themselves to admit it).

For example, Tony is not really that exciting to watch. Chynna was dancing excellently, and had the figure for it too, but still she got the boot right away. At the time, people said "Well, she just doesn't have the fan base to bring in the votes". However, I'm pretty sure if Chynna had been paired with Maks or Derek, she could've made it to nearly the end of the season. I think it was Tony's lack of fanbase that caused Chynna's early demise.

Therefore, since it seems (IMO) that the pros bring in the votes more than most stars, I think the idea that occaisonally gets mentioned of pairing Derek with a "dud" would backfire bigtime. Derek is just such a tremendous dancer, so enjoyable to watch, that he would continue to get the votes even if his partner sucked. The diehards would keep voting for him, and the show would lose more credibility because critics would call so much attention to the 'unjustice'.

At this point, I think the producers have to walk a tightrope when planning who will partner with who. Let's face it: some of the pros ARE bigger stars than the 'stars'.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

You all know how much I love Maks but when he was with Brandy I rarely voted. I just didn't like them together for some reason. If Maks had been paired with Kate Gosselin or Bristol Palin I wouldn't have voted for him at all....I'm sure it would have been twice as painful to see Maks with her as it was Tony
    Midol likes this.

+ Reply to Thread