+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: 4/17 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/17 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by iwatchtv View Post
    I do like Katherine and enjoy watching all of the dancers (pro and celebrity) except for Mark. He appears arrogant and entitled to me. I usually pick a few couples to root for during the season and the pro is rarely the same each year. He just rubs me the wrong way. I feel he tries to be Derek and isn't. Why try to start a rumor about a showmance for yourself? The only place I saw mention of this was from him. Would have loved to see Katherine paired with Derek.

But everyone has their favorites and wants them to do well. I just don't like the show trying to ensure that only a few of the pros win every year.
    I feel the same way you do about Maks, I don't hate him, I just don't like him and I have made no bones about it. Mark is fair game as well.I don't know him, I just watch them dance, and I know what I like. Mark has actually been a good friend to Katherine after she was hurt, she was hurt over a break up, she didn't or doesn't want another romance, that is why she has thrown herself into her dancing. So the rags threw in the romance, then it was Derek she was with..I pay no mind, nor do I care that much.

I don't think he tries to be Derek, he got compliments on his choreography for the AT, which in my opinion was outstanding! it had everything.They ( Derek and Mark) are also very good friends

We can agree to disagree, we all have our favorites. As I said before, its nothing more than a reality dance show.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-18-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Just one more thought regarding the dance off. I've seen remarks supporting it, and saying we might not have had Bristol, Kate, or any other horrible dancer last as long as they did in their respective seasons. Maybe so, but whose to say Bristol was ever even in the bottom 2? The fact she made the final 3 makes me question if she ever would have been in any danger of leaving. That was a problem Strictly Come Dancing had a few seasons ago. Their absolute worst dancer that rivaled some of our own horrible hoofers was never sent packing, because he never landed in the dance off, where he would have been eliminated by the judges. He wound up bowing out because he thought the joke went too far, and it appeared he had a serious shot of winning. Kate I can believe being in the bottom 2, but I doubt the show wanted to lose her right away for the ratings factor (season 10 in the beginning had some of the highest ratings in many seasons). Second, while I wouldn't like the dance off any better if they did it every season, it'd make more sense than for them to pick and choose when they do it. It just seems like they only add things like this, and the WTA dance, when they want to benefit someone else. Maybe it was Jaleel, but would he have been a huge loss to Gavin? Neither is going to win, and I think Jaleel isn't too long for the show. Even with better dancers leaving earlier in certain seasons, I think some have still had strong, if not enjoyable, finalists and semi finalists (give or take a celeb). If the audience isn't enjoying who's left, no matter how good they may dance, that could end up biting them in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Just one more thought regarding the dance off. I've seen remarks supporting it, and saying we might not have had Bristol, Kate, or any other horrible dancer last as long as they did in their respective seasons. Maybe so, but whose to say Bristol was ever even in the bottom 2? The fact she made the final 3 makes me question if she ever would have been in any danger of leaving. ....
    The Dance Dual, whether one likes it or not, is only going to solve one "problem", and that is very good dancers leaving early. It is never going to solve the other "problem" of poor dancers staying too long because they are fan favorites. So I agree that the Bristol and Kate situations are not relevant. One can debate whether these two "problems" are really problems at all since the show is designed to give 50% of votes to judges, 50% to fans.

The one thing about the DD that does annoy me is the assumption that some unfortunate couple is in the bottom two only because fans assumed they were safe and sent all their votes to others. While this is sometimes true it is just as likely that the fans purposefully "sent a message" to the star or pro that they didn't like them. Someone pointed out that Mark was the partner for two of these surprise departures. Overlooked, or Sent A Message?

Okay with me to keep it, but I still like the minor change I suggested above for the fan save and judge save.

All available body parts will be crossed in hopes that Jaleel finally leaves next week. As far as Gladys is concerned, I don't think she'll be around much longer. However, just as I thought she wouldn't leave before Motown week, I don't think they'll eliminate her during Motown week either. Just a guess.
    karalott likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    All available body parts will be crossed in hopes that Jaleel finally leaves next week. As far as Gladys is concerned, I don't think she'll be around much longer. However, just as I thought she wouldn't leave before Motown week, I don't think they'll eliminate her during Motown week either. Just a guess.
    I agree. I don't know why he was on The View the other day, I know they are interviewed when they leave.He hasn't left yet

I think Gladys will go after him, she has to do Motown, but she does have a lot of fans that just love to see her dance .Like Gavin, her schedule is very hectic.
    -Andy Rooney-

Is it only me, or can anybody else possibly wrap their head around this . . .

One thing that just hit me is, with the absolutely insane high-scoring the judges did clear across the board in the first show ESPECIALLY (the second show's scores were pretty high, too!), how many of us were howling that they were leaving themselves no place to go in terms of fairly ranking the poorer dancers and giving them someplace to rise to when they deserved it, and putting the higher-level dancers a few points from absolute perfection that early in the game, giving THEM no place to really rise to, either?

Then it's announced during the third show (correct me if I'm wrong, please!) that the judges were going to begin staging a dance-off for three weeks to save whoever the better-dancing couple of that week is. Of course, the third show happened to be the show that the scores were given more realistically, BTW.

Anybody else besides me think that behind the scenes, The Three Stooges had been kicking themselves all over the lot for giving such high scores right out of the gate, it came back and bit them in their collective butt, and the three-week judges-choice dance-offs may be a Hail Mary tactic for them in order to try to get some sort of control and credibility back that they lost when they scored so insanely high across the board during the first/second shows?

Just a thought.
    Last edited by ness; 04-19-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    karalott and DancingDad like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Is it only me, or can anybody else possibly wrap their head around this . . .

One thing that just hit me is, with the absolutely insane high-scoring the judges did in the first show ESPECIALLY, how many of us were howling that they were leaving themselves no place to go in terms of fairly ranking the poorer dancers?

Then it's announced that the judges were going to begin staging a dance-off for three weeks to save whoever the better-dancing couple of that week is.

Anybody else besides me think that behind the scenes, The Three Stooges have been kicking themselves all over the lot for giving such high scores right out of the gate, it came back and bit them in their collective butt, and the three-week judges-choice dance-offs may be a Hail Mary tactic in order to try to bring some sort of control back that they lost when they scored so insanely high during the first/second shows?

Just a thought.
    You could be right ness. Maybe the producers of the show need more control? or, control back. I don't really know. I don't mind the dance off, I like to see them side by side.
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    You could be right ness. Maybe the producers of the show need more control? or, control back. I don't really know. I don't mind the dance off, I like to see them side by side.
    The dance-off IS fascinating. I'll be the FIRST one to stand up and say that I would PERSONALLY drag Jaleel out of that studio by what hair he has, were it MY call.

But facts are facts.

Love Gavin, I did and do. And, as a dancer, I could see the strides he made. But just putting he and Karina side-by-side with Jaleel and Kym in a dance-off told the dancing story. In that situation, Jaleel had him beat sixteen ways to Sunday. Wish I could talk around that, but I can't. I like both pros (Kym AND Karina), but Karina had to go 'cause Gavin had to go.

What do you want to bet that The Three Stooges won't make the same too-high-scoring-too-early mistake in the future, though? They are catching WAY too much heat about these dance-offs taking away voters' rights, now. And they HAD to figure that might happen, because they're trying to cover their lunacy by saying these dance-offs are being done in the name of: ""It's all about the dancing."

Which, as we all know, it never was, in the first place.

BOY, have they made themselves look stupid!
    Last edited by ness; 04-19-2012 at 03:59 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Yup. A number of us on here said the scoring was out to lunch. ( far too high) Maybe they knew this was coming and didn't care, we will never know the truth. I liked Gavin, I already said I wish he would come back and sing! I didn't know him until this show .Dancing dad explained it better than I about the votes and the dance off. It is what it is They wont lose me, I like the dancing.
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I completely agree with the scoring fiasco. When the first mark came out on the first dance pair in the first show of the season I knew they were in trouble.
    ness likes this.

+ Reply to Thread