+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: 4/17 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/17 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I haven't read through all of this thread, so I apologize if this has already been discussed. But, I don't think that Jaleel will be around for much longer either. I barely remember him as that nerdy little guy Urkel from Family Matters, and I definitely never saw him the the role as Stefan. I also think that the rumors about his ex-gf that have been all over the news lately have adversely affected his DWTS persona, because it seems like he has a chip on his shoulder now, just my personal opinion. Maybe I wouldn't even be saying that if not for the rumors, but Jaleel seemed so much different at the beginning of the competition, and now I see a darker side of him. Anyway, the fact that he landed in the bottom two last night seems to indicate that he might be losing fans. I guess we will see if that is true in the coming weeks.
    I really liked them dancing side by side last night .You could really see who was better, and Jaleel had the edge. I think he dances better than say Gladys, but Gladys has more fans. I think the dance off is fair.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Actually, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jaleel would've been going home without the dance-off. If that's the case, yes, it worked out as the producers hoped, but it grates on me. Should the voters vote to send him home in numbers that compensate for the judges scores, then he should go home.

Why have us vote on who should stay or go home if the judges can override the wishes of the majority? So Sabrina got sent home early? Big deal. It's a reality show and not the end of the word. I've had favorites of mine go home early and that's just the way the show works. And, as we are reminded, we are told to vote for our favorites, not the best dancer.

I really thought I would like Jaleel. He has gotten on m y last nerve with his recent attitude - aside from the rumors. (And yes, there was actually a fight, Chelsie confirmed it in an interview though she didn't elaborate.)

Anyway, I'm trying to get back the joy I felt at the beginning of the season. 'Cause right now, the show isn't all that fun for me and it's the one I so look forward to!
    combatcutie likes this.

Someone on here mentioned Sabrina, but the show mentioned three good dancers that were sent home .Is it fixed? I got heck for saying AI was, so DWTS can't be. I don't know what to say, the judges have the final say, and in this first dance off, I have to say they got it right. As much as I love Gavin, I really didn't want to see him dance again.

I love the show and even after my faves have left, I still watch it. I was rooting for JR last year and he won
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-18-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Actually, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jaleel would've been going home without the dance-off. If that's the case, yes, it worked out as the producers hoped, but it grates on me. Should the voters vote to send him home in numbers that compensate for the judges scores, then he should go home.

Why have us vote on who should stay or go home if the judges can override the wishes of the majority? So Sabrina got sent home early? Big deal. It's a reality show and not the end of the word. I've had favorites of mine go home early and that's just the way the show works. And, as we are reminded, we are told to vote for our favorites, not the best dancer.
    I couldn't agree more. Very well said
    karalott and Nice'n'Easy like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post

THERE ya go!

And since the door to the mausoleum was opened and Sabrina was resurrected from her grave, I feel perfectly fine in running on through it and resurrecting a body (or two) of my own . . .

Does anybody remember the "winner" from Season 1? Kelly Monaco? Alec was her partner, and they beat out John O'Hurley and Charlotte Jorgensen (sp?) in the first-ever DWTS finale.

There was such a hue and cry heard throughout this great land of ours --- BY THE PUBLIC, WHO WERE ALLOWED TO VOTE FOR THEIR FAVORITES, EVEN THEN! (IIRC) --- that TPTB actually had a dance-off show between John, Kelly and their partners.

John and Charlotte, BTW, WON THAT ONE!

You wanna go back?

Fine. We can GO back!

Then, to add insult to injury, Len makes that comment last night about: "It's all about the dancing."?!?

He's either the biggest baldfaced liar ever to be connected with this show, he has a selective memory (he, CA and Bruno were the judges on those shows, too!), or he thinks that we, the great unwashed voting public, are so fog-brained, forgetful, and/or stupid that we can't find our own behinds with two hands, a flashlight and a road map.

Please.

SMH.
    Last edited by ness; 04-18-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    karalott, GabbyG, nanarama and 4 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Okay, just to play devil's advocate if there was dance off ness, and your favourite was saved, would you be okay with that? I am just asking, because I dont see this dance off as such a big deal, the UK dance show has had this for awhile.

ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Okay, just to play devil's advocate if there was dance off ness, and your favourite was saved, would you be okay with that? I am just asking, because I dont see this dance off as such a big deal, the UK dance show has had this for awhile.

Sure, Fanny. I've got to admit that I'd be OK with that because the person saved WAS my favorite. I've also seen some of my favorites go, over the years, that didn't have the fanbase, were not favorites of the judges, whatever. Sure, I'd get (and have been) bummed about it for a bit, but then again, it IS a TV show, NOT the end of the world (and, yep, I realize that there ARE people out there who can almost take it to those extremes).

Perfect example: last night's show. Gavin was and IS my personal fave of the two involved in the dance-off. But seconds after they started dancing, I said "Gavin's gone." You'd've had to have been totally blind to not have seen that. My eyesight ain't great, but I'm not THAT bad, either. Sure, I'll miss Gavin, but the show's gonna roll on without him.

And I --- most likely --- will be there until the last broken bone and stubbed toe!

Where I got REALLY annoyed and irritated had to do with Len's pronouncement about this show being all about the dancing. It is NOT all about the dancing, and never HAS been, since DAY 1! I've been truly blessed in watching it, to have discovered some really great pro dancers and some gifted amateurs (and ringers, truth be told), as well.

But, at the end of the day, it is what it is . . .

Basically, a bottom-line popularity contest, masked in a ballroom competition facade.

And the judges coming out with a dance-off NOW --- after all these seasons, after that FIRST finale dance off, back in 2005, I think --- is kinda like closing the barn door after half of the horse is already out of it, to me.

BTW . . .

I've been lucky enough to have seen several "Strictly Come Dancing" shows, too, and I thoroughly enjoyed those, as well!
    Last edited by ness; 04-18-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    karalott likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Thanks ness. As you say ,
    its a popularity contest, masked in a ballroom competition facade
    I agree with that.When people vote to keep a pro in( not the person who is trying their hardest to dance) that sort of annoys me. But not for long- its TV reality show. Just like American idol
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-18-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't mind the dance dual but there is a very simple change they can make that should make everyone happy: Since the judges are "saving" one couple let the fans "save" one couple. Here is how it would work:

Announce the bottom three "in jeapordy" couples. These are really the bottom 3. The fans will save 1, the judges will save 1, the other will go home.

First the fans will save one. It is impossible to have a second round of voting so use the fan votes from the previous day. The difference is this: instead of the total combined score (judges plus fans), just use the fan's score. The couple with the highest fan votes from the "in jeapaordy" group is saved by the fans. This couple really is the fan favorite of the remaining 3 since they received the highest fan votes of those 3.

Then the judges can have their save. If they want a dance dual or dance off or just want to pick someone, fine. whatever.

This apporach is so simple--requires only a trivial change to the show, makes the fans think their votes count even more, makes the judges happy, takes only an extra 60 seconds of time beyond what they are doing now. Perfect.

(BTW, if the idea of the dance dual is REALLY just dancing how about asking 3 independent professional dance judges to come on show for the dance dual? Otherwise the usual judges have seen enough of both couples to just proclaim someone safe without the dance.)
    ness and AZChristian like this.

I dont disagree agree RickiRick, but would this make the show even longer. They could wrap this result show up in 20 minutes.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread