+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree368Likes

Thread: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    See personally I don't see passion with William. Maybe I need my hormones adjusted...sigh!

I didn't see great passion either, but I think he was concentrating on the steps, they all were for the most part. AT is not an easy dance. I thought he did very well .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    I really like watching Maria ... but for some reason I am not warming up to Katherine. Something's lacking ... technique is there, maybe it's passion that's lacking.

I thought DD was fabulous last night, even if it was hard to keep my eyes off Peta. He showcased her beautifully.
    I'm not warming up to Katherine, either. I'm not sure why. I liked her at first, and Mark isn't even the deal breaker for me this time. I'm cooling on William, too. I guess the shoving down the throats and judges love. Then again, between the two, I don't know who the judges will go for in the end. Still hoping for a Donald victory, though
    mandmmom2 and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'm not warming up to Katherine, either. I'm not sure why. I liked her at first, and Mark isn't even the deal breaker for me this time. I'm cooling on William, too. I guess the shoving down the throats and judges love. Then again, between the two, I don't know who the judges will go for in the end. Still hoping for a Donald victory, though
    I was never hot on William ... his head is too small for those shoulders. Perhaps if the judges didn't drool all over him, I would have warmed up to him.

I have a feeling the judges are looking for a Katherine victory, with William and Donald in the finals.
    Midol likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    I was never hot on William ... his head is too small for those shoulders. Perhaps if the judges didn't drool all over him, I would have warmed up to him.

I have a feeling the judges are looking for a Katherine victory, with William and Donald in the finals.
    It's been two seasons since a female celeb won, so I wouldn't be surprised for them to be pushing her in the end. I feel like, in someway, they're trying to make her to not be as good as she really is, and that, at some point, they'll tell her she finally had a breakthrough or something like that. William's no doubt destined for the finals, and I think Donald will get there (possibly an outside chance of Maria, but I kind of doubt it), but I'm predicting he'll get a smackdown from the judges towards the end to deter a victory. Cheryl's attitude is bugging me, and I have nothing against William. Just think he's a little overrated by the judges.
    Bet2Win, nanarama and Midol like this.

It's been two seasons since a female celeb won, so I wouldn't be surprised for them to be pushing her in the end. I feel like, in someway, they're trying to make her to not be as good as she really is, and that, at some point, they'll tell her she finally had a breakthrough or something like that. William's no doubt destined for the finals, and I think Donald will get there (possibly an outside chance of Maria, but I kind of doubt it), but I'm predicting he'll get a smackdown from the judges towards the end to deter a victory. Cheryl's attitude is bugging me, and I have nothing against William. Just think he's a little overrated by the judges.
    I agree karalott about William. I think he is being overscored because of the sex appeal that two of the judges display along with the audience. I do not think that is fair to the other dancers who may be given harder routines and are not getting credit for that. I wish it were more about the dancing and not just the popularity of a contestant. I so agree with you about Cheryl. I don't know why, but she has been bugging me since the last season. It's almost like she wants everyone to think she is the best and there is no room for anyone else. As far as female contestants Maria and Katherine are clearly the best. I know that Katherine has had prior dancing, but I do not know about Maria. If Maria does not, then she sure is a natural and certainly a quick study. The way she has been able to dance under such painful injuries has been incredible. I know there is a lot of talent this season and there is still a ways to go. I think it will come down to fan bases. When you have this many that are so close to each other talent wise it is a hard season to predict who will be standing at the end. Unless people start messing up and we start to see who emerges as the best I think so far it is very hard to predict. JMO

Len doesn't fall for all that sexiness

Maria hasn't danced before, I am excited she is doing so very well( a natural)
    fireflyer and ilja like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

...And a way for the judges to ensure Roshon, Katherine, William, Maria, and Donald are in the final 5....
    Imagine if we actually DO get those celebs in the final 5... how hard would it be to eliminate 1 of those 5, week after week? That is a TOUGH final 5.

Usually at that point in the competition, there are still 2 or 3 celebs that don't dance very well; ie easy to slash a few more before finals night.
    But this year is QUITE different.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Imagine if we actually DO get those celebs in the final 5... how hard would it be to eliminate 1 of those 5, week after week? That is a TOUGH final 5.

Usually at that point in the competition, there are still 2 or 3 celebs that don't dance very well; ie easy to slash a few more before finals night.
    But this year is QUITE different.
    I said the same, for the most part they are all dancing very well. And it's a close race
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    And I loved the kiss between Derek and Maria! It was obvious that it was all in fun....thank you for the entertainment!! It was all they could do not to burst out laughing.
    I too thought it was entertaining. But it seemed a bit VIOLENT, didn't it? Wonder if Derek plans to pursue acting after DWTS dries up.

Based on the grouped marks the judges are giving out this season the choice of the top teams IS in the viewers hands. When you read the way the final scores for each competitor are calculated you can apply a little math and figure out that if the couples are within 20% of each other in the judges scoring the viewing audience has all the power. Many folks believe the results are being falsified by "TPTB" at ABC. I choose to believe that ABC would be foolish to fraudulently alter the results. Keeping something like that a secret is incredibly hard to do and if the secret got out it would be too damaging to ABC. What is their benefit in taking such a risk? This is their top rated show. If the ratings take a big hit because a fraud leaks out (and I believe it would) ABC stands to lose LOTS of millions of dollars. Remember what happened on the $64,000 question scandal? I don't believe they would take a risk like that.

Bottom line is that from the perspective of choosing the top couples the viewing audience has all the power. For the next few weeks the judges have the final say over which of the viewer's least favorite contestants goes home. I'm OK with that.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread