+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree368Likes

Thread: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Can someone tell me what the "story" of the AT is supposed to be? It has been my understanding that it is a wh**e and her "John" - so the whole dance is about a love/hate relationship between the two of them. I have never thought the AT is a story about passion. Lordy knows I am not Mark's biggest fan, but given my understanding of what the AT "story" is supposed to be, I actually thought Mark and Katherine conveyed the story really wonderfully last night. I definitely got the passion but I also got the hate. I really liked it.

I have a hard time believing that Gladys will be eliminated before Motown week. After that, yes, but I would suspect they will keep her around for that.
    Midol likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I have a hard time believing that Gladys will be eliminated before Motown week. After that, yes, but I would suspect they will keep her around for that.
    Yes me too.That's why I went with Gavin to go home. Gladys has to do Motown, she has to
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    That's what I think. Next week, or the week after, she's probably gone if she's in the bottom 2. But unless she was up against a heavy favorite tonight, she's likely safe. Tonight, I think Gavin could be the most in danger, but I also worry about Melissa. I still think CA has a grudge against Maks. And in a case of Melissa vs Gavin, I think at least one judge will give a pity vote so it's not a clean sweep. I've grown to like Gavin in the last couple of weeks, so it figures he'd be the one most likely to get the boot tonight. It'll probably depend on the dance off dances, and of course who the judges like more overall.
    Midol and Debb70 like this.

Just some quick comments about last night's show. I still think the judges need to do their job and judge. Last night was no exception for me. I think it is clear that they want Katherine, William and Donald in the final. Dancing wise I think Gavin (I love him) and Gladys (I love her as well) did the worst. As much as I love her the dance did not deserve an 8. Melissa did slightly better than them, but she still seems off at times. Some of you have seen and commented on what I mean.

William was much better than his last performance, but he only did 2 simple flick/kick sequences, then posed and lifted Cheryl. The judges did not seem to mention his dance technique. Yes, there was chemistry between the two, but just think he was over scored.

Donald IMO they underscored. The amount of lifts he did and the way he did them so effortlessly IMO should be worth more.

Roshon I still like and he can really dance. When CA said that he was the best male dancer on one of the previous weeks she was right. I know he is not sexy compared to William and Donald, but I think he is fun to watch. I thought he was underscored.

I thought Jaeel's dance was good. I think he was properly scored and have no idea of his fan base.

Maria and Derek I really enjoy. Maria has natural ability and to work through her injuries is incredible. I don't think the kiss was necessary imo, but I did enjoy their dance.

Katherine is another great dancer and technically she was on, but I think she is shy and may not be able to display real chemistry.

I have no idea how this dance off will work. I think it is hard to judge two dancers going together and pay equal attention to each of them. I thought it was going to be the bottom two dancing against each other, but after all the shocks on the reality TV shows who knows.

I guess we will see who has the fan base and who does not. Whoever ends in the bottom two may not be the worst dancers, but simply does not have the fan base. Good luck to all of your favorites.
    karalott and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Can someone tell me what the "story" of the AT is supposed to be? It has been my understanding that it is a wh**e and her "John" - so the whole dance is about a love/hate relationship between the two of them. I have never thought the AT is a story about passion. Lordy knows I am not Mark's biggest fan, but given my understanding of what the AT "story" is supposed to be, I actually thought Mark and Katherine conveyed the story really wonderfully last night. I definitely got the passion but I also got the hate. I really liked it.
    I saw that angle played up in Moulin Rogue to Roxanne which is one of the best AT I ever saw. I did not see any passion in Katherine at all. This is my favorite dance to watch but....I honestly can't see many of the other dancers being able to get into the AT character. Roshon & Chelsie are too young, I can't see Melissa, Gavin or Gladys being able to pull this dance off with any conviction.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Maria and Derek I really enjoy. Maria has natural ability and to work through her injuries is incredible. I don't think the kiss was necessary imo, but I did enjoy their dance.

Katherine is another great dancer and technically she was on, but I think she is shy and may not be able to display real chemistry.
    I agree with you. These are still my favourite two couples, well, along with William Donald and oh, Roshon . the others are just meh for me.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree with you. These are still my favourite two couples, well, along with William Donald and oh, Roshon . the others are just meh for me.

I really like watching Maria ... but for some reason I am not warming up to Katherine. Something's lacking ... technique is there, maybe it's passion that's lacking.

I thought DD was fabulous last night, even if it was hard to keep my eyes off Peta. He showcased her beautifully.
    karalott, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fan

The ATs were all fantastic. This is supposed to be Latin night and they gave the Latin guy the most Latin piece (NOT) and Donald - I guess the other Latin guy (ahem!), the best Latin piece for the AT. Now, we are trying to compare William's AT to Donald's ... apples and oranges. In terms of portraying passion _, the telenovela star is clearly the winner _ now the lifts go to Donald who reminds me of Rick Fox who performed AT with Cheryl 2 seasons ago. Rick's lifts were spectacular but he tried to project passion and failed miserably. He did not look awkward doing it but it did not look convincing. Same with Donald and Katherine who by the way delivered great techniques (thanks to Mark Ballas), but lacking in passion. Peta's the female Mark Ballas, she completely overshadowed her partner and I guess if I am a huge fan of Donald I would have eyes only for him ...unfortunately, since i am more drawn to the 'dancing' .... Peta held my attention from the moment they started and I got stuck to watching her, almost oblivious of the 'Donald'. Don't blame Len for rating the performance an '8' ... because it did not deserve a '10'. I know Louis the professional thought it was a '10' ... maybe if he was less biased, he would see it differently.

See personally I don't see passion with William. Maybe I need my hormones adjusted...sigh!
    karalott, Bet2Win and Midol like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread