+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree368Likes

Thread: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I haven't read the boards yet but wanted to chime in on what I saw last night...but I'm no experienced dancer that's for sure. I base it off years of watching this show and personal feelings.

I thought Maria was stiff and not fluid. But it was still good. Dereck and his shirt off....needs a tan and he is no Maks at all.

I don't anyone deserved 10's tonight.

Jaleel....did anyone notice how after the dance he had his arm around Kim walking towards the judges...he but his hand on her butt and she swatted it away....I thought it was funny but I hate when guys do that. He seems like a player....to say it nicely. I do think their dance was good though.

I liked Williams dance. He did so much better than last week. I was thinking all 9's.

I honestly think Glady's and Gavin are the two that should go home. I like Gavin but he isn't to par with the others. Same for Glady's.

I personally like Donald and Peta's dance. Yes it had more lifts than actualy dancing but it kept my attention and it was a hard strong routine. I think he deserved a higher score from Lynn but not a 10 from CA.

A couple comments from my girls....

My 5 yr old, "He is a HANDSOME man"....while Maks was dancing. How was I going to say anything different to her?!

My 10 yr old, "He has a 6 pack, I counted it"....referring to Jaleel. Me, "So you like Jaleel?" Her, "No, I just noticed his 6 pack...Maks is better".
    TIA__MA, jucamer and Midol like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    She's actually quite good, I enjoy her dancing the best of the females. But of course, I will be voting for Maks and Melissa again tonight ... Melissa's dance was way better than Glady's. I love Gladys, she's my favorite female R&B singer, but like some said upthread, I'd rather she would sing on Motown night than dance.
    I liked her dance, she always comes out and gives it her all.I pray Derek never has a spray tan, he would look ridiculous. So keep ya shirt on Derek. I think its a hoot how he and Roshon both say, " pretend I am William Levy," even the men think he is sexy LOL

Gladys, I love her, and I love the joy she brings to the floor, she just looked lost last night. I hope she stays on for Motown week, her dress was ugly! Tristan was over dancing, or overcompensating
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-17-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    fireflyer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My thing is the AT is all about passion, seduction & sexuality. That was in full bloom with DD. Katherine's AT had zero passion. She came off like an ice princess.
    I threw all my votes to Gavin.
    ilja and Midol like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I have rooted for Melissa so far, but I must say that I'm not enjoying her performances. I thought she would come around, but I still don't see much. I still like her, but who I really enjoy watching are William and Donald. I really enjoy watching those two dance. I've never been a huge Maks fan. I'm not sure why. I think it's his personality that I don't care for.
    fireflyer likes this.

I think William, Donald, and Rashon are the top dancers this season. Then it would be....Maria and Katherine. But my opinion changes weekly:-).
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

After seeing a replay of Gladys doing her dance last night, I thought that her costume looked really good on her, and that she worked it!

And I loved the kiss between Derek and Maria! It was obvious that it was all in fun....thank you for the entertainment!! It was all they could do not to burst out laughing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    My thing is the AT is all about passion, seduction & sexuality. That was in full bloom with DD. Katherine's AT had zero passion. She came off like an ice princess.
    I threw all my votes to Gavin.
    Yes, even as a complete non-dancer I could tell Katherine was technically good...but I found my attention wandering. On the other hand, Donald--wow! Couldn't take my eyes off him and Peta. CA made an earlier reference to good dancing being the illusion of passion, and that is exactly what I found in their performance.

I wasn't planning to watch once Gavin goes home (um...like tonight), but I may stick around for Donald.
    Midol and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    After seeing a replay of Gladys doing her dance last night, I thought that her costume looked really good on her, and that she worked it!

And I loved the kiss between Derek and Maria! It was obvious that it was all in fun....thank you for the entertainment!! It was all they could do not to burst out laughing.
    They have a ton of fun, I really love that.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

AT is my favorite dance, so this was a good night. The music was appropriate for most of the dances, no impossible songs. I don't remember everyone who did AT, but these three were memorable:

Mark & Katherine. Mark has been so much better this year. I didn't even cringe with the bottle thing. It was odd, but it didn't seem designed to bring attention to him but to their story. Of these three couples I think they best told a story and were technically very good. Katherine does all types of dances well but is more believable in smiling dances than serious or romatic dances. I've lost a little excitement for her after learning she has some stage dancing experince, but still very sweet.

William & Cheryl. I always think of Cheryl when the AT is danced due to previous seasons, especially Giles, and she did very well again. She has a look that is perfect for this dance and she brings out best of partners. William is good but I wish the show would stop pimping him and focus more on the dancing. They are so over the top that it really discourages me from liking him.

Donald & Peta. I most appreciate that Donald took control of this dance, which is so unusual for men competitors. He was underscored, but I agree that something was missing. He was forceful and athletic but after the first few seconds of the dance I didn't really see the story, just impressive moves.

The other dance worth commenting on was Derek & Meria. I agree that he almost destroyed this dance with his craziness. If your dance is so strange that it makes CA's comments seem insightful then you went too far. Maria improves each week and I think the judges are looking past Derek's silliness for now, but if he continues they are eventually going to slap him down.

Going home? As long as the four above stay that is okay with me. Gladys was greatly over scored and should be in bottom two. Gavin looks like he's reached his full potential so nice enough but why bother sticking around? Jeleel dances okay but can go any time. Roshon is unbelievable in anything romatic but a good dancer. Mellisa, as someone pointed out, looks like a mother of 4 trying to keep up with a Pro dancer. Maks really out-danced her this week--Mark style--as if he gave up on holding back, or thought the only way to get her to keep up was to go for it. Her scores seem fair given the competition.

Will be interesting to see how judges do the bottom two dance. Did I hear that both couples will dance at same time? In previous seasons when multiple couples danced at the same time the outcome seemed entirely based on the judge's opinion of their entire season, not how well they were doing in that particular dance. Unless someone falls down they could simply skip this step and ask the judges to save one couple.
    fireflyer and Midol like this.

I haven't read this entire thread but if I am repeating someone else's wish/thought consider it an underscore.

I wish That Glady's and Jaleel end up Bottom 2 ... and 'gulp' that they eliminate Gladys and immediately invite her to sing next week.

I think it would be a nice touch, actually to invite any singer/entertainer who is eliminated back to perform. Why not ?
    fireflyer and ilja like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread