+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree368Likes

Thread: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

So did I hear Tom right that next week is Motown night?! If Idol and DWTS were on the same network, they should just combine them, have the couples dance while the wannabe pop/country/r&b stars belt out some tune that's off key, but not as off key as our own singers. So I guess that explains Glady's score and why they'd want her around next week.
    TIA__MA, jucamer and Midol like this.

Thanks for all your input here everyone, leftcoaster here cheating Your comments are so fun to read. Go Maks and Melissa, make it one more week, please!!!!
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

CarrieAnn had a good point: the Derek/Maria kiss wasn't necessary for the mood of the dance.

On the other hand, I thought it was humorous and incredibly refreshing... a very fun, in-your-face gesture to highlight the humor in last week's romance inquiries. It was the perfect strategy, the perfect good-sport attitude to display.

Therefore, it didn't enhance the dance, but it DID enhance the product (DWTS) as a whole. Funny & fitting & entertaining, AND INCREASES THE CONTINUITY OF THE SEASON. (i.e. it makes it less of a play-by-play, and more of a 'continuing saga')
    karalott and Jaceegirl like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So yet another sign at what a backwards season this has been, but Derek was given me shades of his old hammy self that Mark turned into, where he'd upstage his partners and bring on cheap gimmicks instead of dancing. And now Mark is the tolerable one I would have enjoyed Maria's dance a lot more than I did if it wasn't for that stupid head bob thing (we get it Derek), the kiss (sorry, but they aren't a convincing showmance, if that's their angle), or Derek not so subtly ripping off his shirt during the middle of it. I wouldn't have given them 9s, but 8s, although I can't argue that Maria is coming a long way. But Derek better be careful with these moves he throws in, because at the rate Maria is going, she's not going to have much left that isn't already injured.

Donald was robbed once again. Gladys, bless her heart, should have gotten 6s at most. Gavin's samba was a disaster, which was disappointing, as I've grown to like him. I know she and Gavin are at a bit of a disadvantage, practice wise, since they're both performing and touring. I'm disappointed that theme nights and prior commitments, which aren't exactly a celeb's fault, trump good dancing like we used to get. And what is up with all these theme nights? Latin night, yes. Classical week, yes. But rock week, motown night, 80s? I'm also getting bored by the props and messing about (as Len would say) that takes it half the dance to actually get dancing. I actually thought Melissa did well, better than I expected, and she did much better than Gavin and Gladys. However, I'm thinking she's in the bottom 2 tomorrow with Gavin. I guess I'd rather her have a chance than be up against Roshon or even Jaleel.

Something about Jaleel is trying too hard. I've been watching Celebrity Apprentice on and off this season, and notice some of the celebs have a complex over not being treated as royalty, and not wanting to accept they aren't exactly A-listers that anyone and everyone had heard of. I kind of feel like Jaleel is caught in that funk, of not being the main guy, the one everyone is rooting for and talking about, the underdog, the breakthrough celeb, the surprise of the season. Roshon annoys me, but at the same time, something about him I just like. And I want to see Chelsie do well, but I think his attitude and opinion of himself will do him in before the finals.
    Bet2Win likes this.

Watching on the West Coast ... my sister just called me and said that Derek should never take his shirt off with Maks on the show. And she's a Derek fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Watching on the West Coast ... my sister just called me and said that Derek should never take his shirt o And she's a Derek fan.
    I Like him! I agree with your sister, but boy the chemistry those two have, and they worked hard for those 9's well done D&M!

( no need for the kiss IMHO)
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I love what Mark has done with Kathryn. No doubt someone (or more than one someone) has had a serious chat with that young man. My last straw with him was when he got mad at Len and flipped off the camera on his way off the stage. Then next season he got the early boot. Served him right. I do think he may have his head on straight this season. *fingers crossed* Oh, and I didn't mind the spats, either.

I know I sound like a cantankerous old bitty, but I really wish the men would dress properly for their dances. There is something very sexy about a man knowing how to dance properly without having to remove his clothes (even sleeves, gentlemen, even sleeves!). Picture Don Draper, for instance. It embarrasses me that women act like that about dancing men. I've never been in a gentlemen's club (aka strip club), but from what I understand those patrons behave better than the women in the audience at DWTS. (I have been to a male strip club - more of a dance review....but either way...come on ladies, show some restraint and class.) And I don't think it's because I don't find Maks or his brother the least bit attractive, because I do find William very handsome, just let the guy dance and not have to strip down to his skivvies for votes.*

However, I do love the show, and I keep coming back every season. I don't mind watching the d-listers try to revive their careers and/or fall flat. I like watching them gain confidence, dance through the pain, and tone up. Their hard work = my viewing pleasure. Let's just allow the guys to keep their clothes on.

*addendum to my grumpish paragraph: those singers have to go. Seriously.
    karalott and mandmmom2 like this.

karalott, your whole post (#236) was enjoyable to read.

Yes, Derek = hammy.

The kiss = I think it was a "we are REALLYTRULY doing it this time!" act, i.e. "haha on you for asking about it last week!"...

Derek ripping his shirt off: I would've watched Derek's shaved chest more closely but I was completely distracted by the fact that the girl and her stomach were COMPLETELY HORIZONTAL, WITHOUT SHAKING, during his entire dis-robing. That wasn't a split-second position, and not something one can try-at-home... It was impressive.

Gavin looked good but also Gavin looked like Gumby.

I missed the first 1/2-hr so I missed Jaleela and half-pint.

When Donald and Peta dance, I find myself watching only her ... I'm trying to figure out whether she is really better than the other female pros (because I don't focus on them) or whether she's like Mark (and Derek at times) and her choreography is all about her.

Either way, she sure knows how to work her talents!
    karalott and J.D. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I Like him! I agree with your sister, but boy the chemistry those two have, and they worked hard for those 9's well done D&M!

( no need for the kiss IMHO)
    She's actually quite good, I enjoy her dancing the best of the females. But of course, I will be voting for Maks and Melissa again tonight ... Melissa's dance was way better than Glady's. I love Gladys, she's my favorite female R&B singer, but like some said upthread, I'd rather she would sing on Motown night than dance.
    karalott and Midol like this.

+ Reply to Thread