+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was sad to see Sherri go and I do think it was the heartbreak of leaving and not the disappointment with fan votes that hurt her. Sherri has talked of her dream to be on DWTS since the first time I ever saw her. She has mentioned it MANY times on The View for years. DWTS was her dream. I'm glad she realized it for a brief bit anyway.
    Yes, I agree. It had nothing to do with what her fans did or didn't do. I am sure at that moment it feels awful to leave something you love. She was also upset at disappointing Val, its a lot of pressure on them all. Even the pros (( ALL of them) want to stay on, and you can see relief on their faces when they are safe.
    ness, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am not shocked, she was never going to win. However she wasn't in the bottom two before was she? so I suppose this was DWTS shock for us all. I am glad she was able to do what she has wanted to do for a very long time. She wasn't a good dancer, but she tried.Thats all we can ask of those on this show.

Vals last partner was awful, and imho she didn't really try that hard.
    It's week 3 though. It's not like it was further along in the competition and she was never in the bottom. She had a poor dance
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I'm not really understanding why everyone was so shocked about Sherri's elimination. She wasn't that good and probably didn't have a huge following. I can say that I'm glad she is gone b/c she was annoying. I'm more upset that Val isn't going to be dancing every week
    I agree. Sherri needs to consider the possibility that she’s not as adored as she would like to think she is. Sherri’s out there in everyone’s face everyday on The View, yet more people decided to vote for Gladys (even thought Gladys got a lower score from the judges). Sherri’s schtick about her boobs, her wigs, being a mom, and also her screaming got on people’s nerves.

Sherri's tears were all about her realization that she just doesn't have as many fans as she thought.

Bingo!
    Last edited by tango7; 04-11-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    It's week 3 though. It's not like it was further along in the competition and she was never in the bottom. She had a poor dance
    Yes, she had a poor dance. There were a couple of them that had a poor dance the other night
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Does anyone know how the pros are paid? Do they get more more money the longer they stay in the contest or does they pay stop when they are eliminated? I heard that is how the stars get paid.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know how the pros are paid? Do they get more more money the longer they stay in the contest or does they pay stop when they are eliminated? I heard that is how the stars get paid.
    Rumor has it that the pros make about $5,200 per week while they're still in the competition, promising to spend at least 20 hours each week working with their celebrity partner. Once the "star" is voted off, the weekly pay stops for the pro. The pros reportedly do make additional money for extra dances (group dances, accompanying guest musical stars, etc.)

I'd PAY $5,200 to spend 20 hours with Maks. He can dance . . . I'll just watch . . . and drool. LOL.
    GabbyG, echo226, TIA__MA and 2 others like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I'd PAY $5,200 to spend 20 hours with Maks. He can dance . . . I'll just watch . . . and drool. LOL.
    LOL, I'm with you on this. Maks is my favorite and he is just oh so sexy
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Let me tell you, they sell beer at the concessions stand at the Reiman, and by mid-show, she was both drunk and southern. But still pretty funny. There's something about hearing a person say, "Aw, I'm jest a'giggin' you" that breaks me up. But then we rarely hear expressions like that this far north.

I actually felt a little guilty about having a front row seat at the Reiman. The only reason I was there was that I couldn't get to the Gershwin concert I wanted to attend, because it had been moved from the theater next to the hotel to a college way on the other end of town, because the theater next to the hotel, the normal home of the symphony, was still dealing with flood damage. I was warned that cab service could be iffy on the weekend, so I opted for the Reiman instead. I didn't even know the fourth row was the actually the front row of the Reiman when I bought my ticket, and clearly there were a lot of people there with worse seats that knew a lot more about country western music than I did. The fact that it was a show that was being recorded and would air the next evening on the radio more interesting to me--they actually did the commercials live, had an applause sign, the whole nine yards. At one point, they had the audience sing along, so technically I was on the radio from the Reiman. Well, me and a couple of hundred other people.

I'm glad I didn't opt for the cheaper balcony seat, since the balcony actually still has a sign identifying it as the Confederate gallery. I'm not sure it would willingly accept a lifelong northerner like myself.
    I enjoyed your story of the Reiman. I know exactly what you are talking about as I have been there as well and what a great experience. I happened to be there when they were live, although I did not know that ahead of time. Just a fun and different experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Is anybody else wondering what will happen if two strong dancers should end up in the dance off? I think it's possible, as there are couples that might be decent dancers that don't have the fan support, but I doubt that's what the show really wanted when it decided to go with the dance off option.
    I hope that does happen - then maybe they'll stop interferring. I HATE, HATE, HATE that Val is gone, but I'd rather him go due to the fan voting then to be sent home because of the three stooges
    GabbyG and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    I could see Miranda Lambert singing it.
    OH, yeah!

Baby Girl would TEAR IT UP!!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread