+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Let me tell you, they sell beer at the concessions stand at the Reiman, and by mid-show, she was both drunk and southern. But still pretty funny. There's something about hearing a person say, "Aw, I'm jest a'giggin' you" that breaks me up. But then we rarely hear expressions like that this far north.

I actually felt a little guilty about having a front row seat at the Reiman. The only reason I was there was that I couldn't get to the Gershwin concert I wanted to attend, because it had been moved from the theater next to the hotel to a college way on the other end of town, because the theater next to the hotel, the normal home of the symphony, was still dealing with flood damage. I was warned that cab service could be iffy on the weekend, so I opted for the Reiman instead. I didn't even know the fourth row was the actually the front row of the Reiman when I bought my ticket, and clearly there were a lot of people there with worse seats that knew a lot more about country western music than I did. The fact that it was a show that was being recorded and would air the next evening on the radio more interesting to me--they actually did the commercials live, had an applause sign, the whole nine yards. At one point, they had the audience sing along, so technically I was on the radio from the Reiman. Well, me and a couple of hundred other people.

I'm glad I didn't opt for the cheaper balcony seat, since the balcony actually still has a sign identifying it as the Confederate gallery. I'm not sure it would willingly accept a lifelong northerner like myself.
    I would have LOVED to have seen her "a-giggin" ANYBODY while she was three sheets to the wind!

Feel guilty (even a little bit!) about having a front row seat? In the hallowed hall of country music? Not ME, chickadee! I would've sat on the STAGE (or in a back alley, even!) before I'd've voluntarily sat in the "Confederate Gallery"!

Ain't no shame in MY game!

LOL!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Ok Donald driver is going to cause me to need a pacemaker. Who needs godiva chocolates with Donald around?
    And THAT is the livin' TRUTH!
    karalott, TIA__MA and lizardcat like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Sherri's tears were all about her realization that she just doesn't have as many fans as she thought. A lesser known person going early expects they might not make it on their dancing ability alone.

I agreed with Carrie Ann about Sherri's facial expression.

I can see Donald, William, Maria and Melissa as the final 4. Though William is an unknown and Maria barely, Cheryl and Derek are very popular. The pros figure into the mix more and more as this show rolls on.
    tango7 likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Sherri's tears were all about her realization that she just doesn't have as many fans as she thought. A lesser known person going early expects they might not make it on their dancing ability alone.

I agreed with Carrie Ann about Sherri's facial expression.

I can see Donald, William, Maria and Melissa as the final 4. Though William is an unknown and Maria barely, Cheryl and Derek are very popular. The pros figure into the mix more and more as this show rolls on.
    I'd love to see Maks make it that far, but I'd be very surprised to see it happen. The judges will have the final say between the bottom 2 for the next 3 weeks, so I think that hurts her chances even more. In no particular order, I think Melissa, Gavin, Jaleel, and Gladys will be the next to go, possibly Roshon mixed in going somewhere in the middle. I don't know if his fanbase will give him enough of a boost to carry him until the end or not, but I'm under the impression he's not doing very well. Despite some Disney stars being successful, the demo that watches those shows isn't typically the main demo that watches this show. He seems to be rubbing people the wrong way as well. I was put off by his reaction tonight at being in the bottom 2, but Chelsie's enough to make him tolerable.

In no way do I want Derek to win, but truthfully, I wouldn't mind if he and Maria made the finals. Maria's a celeb I like (hey, she provides a fun drinking game), and though she may be in a full body cast by that point at the rate she's going, I wouldn't completely object to them being in the final 3. I don't think Derek's going to win anyway. Since I figure Melissa/Maks have no shot at taking home the mirrorball, I'm pinning all my hopes on a Donald/Peta victory. I'm thinking the final 3 will be Donald/William/Katherine, though I can see the show potentially pushing for a Katherine or William win. My ideal final 3 at this point would be Maria or Roshon (mostly so Chelsie can finally make it there), Melissa (solely for Maks), and Donald.
    TIA__MA and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I know, as much as Sherri annoys me, I would rather have had Roshon go.

I think DialIdol is now officially completely irrelevant.
    DI only tracks for an hour. Some people look at the RAW vote, and on that score, Sherri was only surpassed by Jaleel on the bottom; therefore, she was not doing well.
    Tom said the online voting kept changing all night which sounds like it might have been going hand-in-hand with the DI indicator to me.

DI is often a good indicator if the vote does NOT change throughout the night (chuckle) as Tom indicates this vote did.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    LOL!

I LOVE your detailed Little Richard story. I know who Larry Gatlin is, too, and they would've had to carry me out on a stretcher from laughing so hard about him saying "Shove it on over!" to me.

And as for "I'm not drunk! I'm just Southern!": Whatcha wanna bet that if JUST the right person had heard that, it would've been written as a song, recorded, played, and probably won a country music award! Or two, or four!

ROFLMFAO!
    I live in the Deep South, and my daughter lives 60 miles out of NYC. I tell people that the difference between waiting in a long line in the South and waiting in a long line close to NYC is that when you are in the South by the time you get to the front of the line, you know everyone around you. In NYC, if you start talking like that, they look at you suspiciously!
    ness and nanarama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    And as for "I'm not drunk! I'm just Southern!": Whatcha wanna bet that if JUST the right person had heard that, it would've been written as a song, recorded, played, and probably won a country music award! Or two, or four!ROFLMFAO!
    I could see Miranda Lambert singing it.
    ness likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I'm not really understanding why everyone was so shocked about Sherri's elimination. She wasn't that good and probably didn't have a huge following. I can say that I'm glad she is gone b/c she was annoying. I'm more upset that Val isn't going to be dancing every week
    karalott, tango7 and mushybrain like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I am not shocked, she was never going to win. However she wasn't in the bottom two before was she? so I suppose this was DWTS shock for us all. I am glad she was able to do what she has wanted to do for a very long time. She wasn't a good dancer, but she tried.Thats all we can ask of those on this show.

Vals last partner was awful, and imho she didn't really try that hard.
    ness and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was sad to see Sherri go and I do think it was the heartbreak of leaving and not the disappointment with fan votes that hurt her. Sherri has talked of her dream to be on DWTS since the first time I ever saw her. She has mentioned it MANY times on The View for years. DWTS was her dream. I'm glad she realized it for a brief bit anyway.
    karalott, ness and Midol like this.

+ Reply to Thread