+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    That's so strange that he has two shows airing at the same time. You just know Tom would have made jokes about Len being on the Titanic.
    . . .
    Oh and just want to say to all ya ladies drooling over the U2. Once they are both off the show, don't come sniffing around Donald. Mitts off! LOL!
    Actually, DWTS hadn't come on here yet when Len's Titanic show was on. It was very touching when he talked about the bravery of the wireless operator - old Len was even a bit dewy-eyed.

Once U2 are gone, I'll probably be curled up in a ball sobbing, so Donald is safe. LOL.
    karalott, TIA__MA and jucamer like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Hey, #80 is MY boyfriend! ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win
    It's not nice not to share.

Oh, it's all good. But once they lose their eye candy it isn't right to encroach on ours. See what I'm sayin'? We claimed him first! lol

Oh AZ. At least you will have all of us We'll console you.
    Ellen, karalott, TIA__MA and 1 others like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Wow.

Little Richard has always been one of my faves!

He was "off the chain" before being "off the chain" was considered cool!
    It was such a weird way to meet him too. The concierge, who was the best concierge I ever dealt with--she actually e-mailed me before I arrived to ask if there was anything she could do for me--had stopped me to ask how the Battle of Franklin tour she'd booked for me was, because she knew they'd added some stops to it since the last time she'd been on it. While I was filling her in, he was just wheeled up to the table, because he had stayed there so often he considered her a friend. Then he turned to me and asked how I was doing this evening. I told him fine, and asked how he was doing, and he said he was doing just fine too and that it was nice to meet me. I said the same, then we said goodbye, and he was wheeled away by a bodyguard (at least that's what I assume the guy with him was). It was such a random event--had nothing to do with any of the many music sites in Nashville. He just happened to be staying in the same hotel in which the conference I was attending was being held. I never saw him again in the four days I was there and no one else I knew did either.

I also had Larry Gatlin say, "Shove it on over" to me because he wanted to sit down during someone else's act at a live taping at Reiman Auditorium (Larry Gatlin was hosting) if that's of any interest to you. If you've never been to the Reiman, it has pews for seating, hence the comment. It's not like he was expecting me to give up my chair for him.

Best comment I heard in Nashville, however, came from a particularly gregarious woman from Florida who was sitting behind me in the Reiman and chatting up everyone prior to the show. She said, and I quote, "I'm not drunk. I'm just southern." If that's not a country western song waiting to happen....
    ness, JavaJo, ilja and 3 others like this.

I just looked it up - Little Richard is 79 years old. He will be 80 in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I hope( hope) they didnt throw her to the wolves, to take the heat off of Jaleel. Plus they needed a *gasp* shocker- because this show has been pretty F-L-A-T. I dont think they did, but its a thought.
    Honestly?

That was a thought that DID cross my mind, too.

I just didn't say it or allude to it in my post.
    karalott likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Honestly?

That was a thought that DID cross my mind, too.

I just didn't say it or allude to it in my post.
    We are not alone ness. There is a group on Facebook that are not happy
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-11-2012 at 12:02 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I hope( hope) they didnt throw her to the wolves, to take the heat off of Jaleel. Plus they needed a *gasp* shocker- because this show has been pretty F-L-A-T. I dont think they did, but its a thought.
    Fanny Mare, I don't know what/who you mean by "they" nor do I understand the "throwing her to the wolves" reference.

Sherri is gone because she didn't get enough votes. Oh - also, her dancing was mediocre and she annoys a lot of people.
    combatcutie and fireflyer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    It was such a weird way to meet him too. The concierge, who was the best concierge I ever dealt with--she actually e-mailed me before I arrived to ask if there was anything she could do for me--had stopped me to ask how the Battle of Franklin tour she'd booked for me was, because she knew they'd added some stops to it since the last time she'd been on it. While I was filling her in, he was just wheeled up to the table, because he had stayed there so often he considered her a friend. Then he turned to me and asked how I was doing this evening. I told him fine, and asked how he was doing, and he said he was doing just fine too and that it was nice to meet me. I said the same, then we said goodbye, and he was wheeled away by a bodyguard (at least that's what I assume the guy with him was). It was such a random event--had nothing to do with any of the many music sites in Nashville. He just happened to be staying in the same hotel in which the conference I was attending was being held. I never saw him again in the four days I was there and no one else I knew did either.

I also had Larry Gatlin say, "Shove it on over" to me because he wanted to sit down during someone else's act at a live taping at Reiman Auditorium (Larry Gatlin was hosting) if that's of any interest to you. If you've never been to the Reiman, it has pews for seating, hence the comment. It's not like he was expecting me to give up my chair for him.

Best comment I heard in Nashville, however, came from a particularly gregarious woman from Florida who was sitting behind me in the Reiman and chatting up everyone prior to the show. She said, and I quote, "I'm not drunk. I'm just southern." If that's not a country western song waiting to happen....
    LOL!

I LOVE your detailed Little Richard story. I know who Larry Gatlin is, too, and they would've had to carry me out on a stretcher from laughing so hard about him saying "Shove it on over!" to me.

And as for "I'm not drunk! I'm just Southern!": Whatcha wanna bet that if JUST the right person had heard that, it would've been written as a song, recorded, played, and probably won a country music award! Or two, or four!

ROFLMFAO!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Yes, I wonder if it's a true surprise or just producer spin.

Hopefully Melissa and Sherri are safe (more for their partners, but I like both ladies).

KISS up first, showing our singers how it should be done.

That one troupe guy is annoying. He tries too hard.
    Yep, the troupe guy DOES try too hard.

Maybe he's trying to take the throne away from The Lord of the Overdance, perhaps?

Just a thought.

And yep, KISS DID show our singers how it should be done.

Too bad none of 'em paid attention, most likely.
    Last edited by ness; 04-11-2012 at 12:13 AM.
    karalott and Midol like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Yep, the troupe guy DOES try too hard.

Maybe he's trying to take the throne away from The Lord of the Overdance, maybe?

Just a thought.
    I keep feeling like the troupe is just auditioning for a spot as a celeb paired pro. Last night especially, I felt like it was more a gymnastics/circus act during the opening KISS number. I like the girls well enough, but that guy Henry does seem to be the overdance member of the troupe. I like Kiki as well from the guys. The other one doesn't do it for me, either.
    ness and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread