+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 203
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #151
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,447

    Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    One of the things that really cooked my grits last night re Sherri was the judges' notes to her that her bubbly personality was missing, etc.

    Sure, Sherri is bubbly. If she bubbled any more, she'd bubble right onto the stovetop!

    However --- correct me if I'm wrong, please --- last night, as I recall, it was a freakin' TANGO she danced.

    Now, I'm no dance expert. Never danced ballroom. But, yep, I HAVE watched more than a few ballroom competition shows PRIOR to DWTS ever being a gleam in an ABC executive's eye. And never, EVER, in all the ballroom tangos I've watched, has there ever been ONE couple --- or individual in a couple --- that I've seen come across as bubbly and exuberant while they were in the midst of that particular dance. The Jive? YEP. Tango? NO.

    Now, my guess is that if Sherri had come onto the floor and danced that dance in a Sherri mode in terms of bright personality, bubbliness, exuberance, etc. --- the judges would've taken her to the woodshed for LETTING TOO MUCH OF HER OWN PERSONALITY SHINE THROUGH (as the Tango is not suited for that), rather than honoring the dance as it is traditionally put on the floor, with a stern, serious, closed face, etc.

    Seems to me like she wouldn't've won this one, no matter WHAT she did!

    And I've got to wonder just how long it's gonna take Wendy Williams to give her an: "I TOLD you so, girlfriend!" shout-out on HER live show?

    Just sayin'.
    jucamer and Midol like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  2. #152
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,208

    Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    ...Oh and just want to say to all ya ladies drooling over the U2. Once they are both off the show, don't come sniffing around Donald. Mitts off! LOL!
    Hey, #80 is MY boyfriend! ;D
    jucamer likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  3. #153
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post

    Oh and just want to say to all ya ladies drooling over the U2. Once they are both off the show, don't come sniffing around Donald. Mitts off! LOL!
    It's not nice not to share.
    karalott and Alexxxx like this.

  4. #154
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,858

    Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Is it just me, or did I see Little Richard sitting in a wheelchair in the audience?

    I mean, I KNOW I saw him, but was he in a wheelchair?
    I met him two years ago at a concierge booth in a Nashville hotel and he was in a wheelchair then. Then, the concierge, who knew him well, said he used one off and on, especially for long distances, like dealing with airports etc. I have no idea if he uses one all the time now.

    After he left, I actually had to ask the concierge for confirmation that he was who I thought he was. By that point, I'd seen so many people in Nashville who impersonated famous singers, and he was clearly wearing a wig, so I wasn't sure.
    ness likes this.

  5. #155
    Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    3,160

    Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I was channel surfing to find something to keep me occupied for the next hour, and found a PBS show on the Titanic with LEN GOODMAN as the host. He used to be a welder in the London shipyards in the 1960s. I didn't know that!
    I caught that too (we are an hour behind, so I got to watch the entire show), and Len did a great job. I find him quite likeable. And interesting.
    AZChristian and Midol like this.

  6. #156
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,447

    Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I met him two years ago at a concierge booth in a Nashville hotel and he was in a wheelchair then. Then, the concierge, who knew him well, said he used one off and on, especially for long distances, like dealing with airports etc. I have no idea if he uses one all the time now.

    After he left, I actually had to ask the concierge for confirmation that he was who I thought he was. By that point, I'd seen so many people in Nashville who impersonated famous singers, and he was clearly wearing a wig, so I wasn't sure.
    Wow.

    Little Richard has always been one of my faves!

    He was "off the chain" LONG before being "off the chain" was considered cool!
    Last edited by ness; 04-11-2012 at 12:33 AM.
    jucamer likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  7. #157
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,235

    Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Oh and just want to say to all ya ladies drooling over the U2. Once they are both off the show, don't come sniffing around Donald. Mitts off! LOL!
    You're going to have to take on Ellen, its her boyfriend apparently
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  8. #158
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,447

    Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Just a random rememberance/thought/observation . . .

    When they were showing clips from last night with Melissa in the skybox after she got sick (and the EMTs were working with her), is it just me, or did anybody else happen to notice how keyed in on and concerned about her that Gene Simmons seemed to be? Even through all that heavy stage makeup, I saw that.

    Good for him, for being concerned and seeming to really care about Melissa, too!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  9. #159
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post




    SHERRI, go away!

    sowwy, karalott, but we have to disagree sometime.
    Well, losing Sherri wasn't the worst of it for me I just hope Val gets another shot. I really thought Sherri's fans would take him far this season. I expected Maks to go before him! Poor Maks must be heartbroken to have his BFF and baby brother off the show. But I still love that he and Karina hugged each other. Nothing wrong with disagreeing, it'd get old around here if we all agreed and drank a pro or celeb's kool aid to where we were a Stepford DWTS culture. Quite honestly, I'd rather have celebs I enjoy and have fun watching whether they're the best dancer or not. That's what I loved about Sherri and Jack, and why I'm sorry they're both gone now. I can support a celeb even if I don't like their pro (hey, I'm loving Maria/Derek together, even if I could go a week without having to hear that she's injured, Greek, and has a laugh like a machine gun), but sometimes being too good and too perfect is dullsville for me. I think that's why Katherine and William, and Roshon are starting to fade for me. I still like Roshon, and am glad he survived (as I hope Chelsie has a decent shot this year, but I'm not counting on it). However, Sherri's wanted to do this show forever, and I appreciated her joy at it. It's why I'm hoping Donald takes it all, because aside from Maks and Tristan, he's the only bright spot for me! I adore Gladys as well, especially since she's not parterned with Corky, who wouldn't give her the respect and dignity as Tristan has.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-11-2012 at 12:34 AM.
    ness, jucamer and Midol like this.

  10. #160
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,235

    Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    One of the things that really cooked my grits last night re Sherri was the judges' notes to her that her bubbly personality was missing, etc.

    Sure, Sherri is bubbly. If she bubbled any more, she'd bubble right onto the stovetop!

    However --- correct me if I'm wrong, please --- last night, as I recall, it was a freakin' TANGO she danced.

    Now, I'm no dance expert. Never danced ballroom. But, yep, I HAVE watched more than a few ballroom competition shows PRIOR to DWTS ever being a gleam in an ABC executive's eye. And never, EVER, in all the ballroom tangos I've watched, has there ever been ONE couple --- or individual in a couple --- that I've seen come across as bubbly and exuberant while they were in the midst of that particular dance. The Jive? YEP. Tango? NO.

    Now, my guess is that if Sherri had come onto the floor and danced that dance in a Sherri mode in terms of bright personality, bubbliness, exuberance, etc. --- the judges would've taken her to the woodshed for LETTING TOO MUCH OF HER OWN PERSONALITY SHINE THROUGH (as the Tango is not suited for that), rather than honoring the dance as it is traditionally put on the floor, with a stern, serious, closed face, etc.

    Seems to me like she wouldn't've won this one, no matter WHAT she did!

    And I've got to wonder just how long it's gonna take Wendy Williams to give her an: "I TOLD you so, girlfriend!" shout-out on HER live show?

    Just sayin'.
    I hope( hope) they didnt throw her to the wolves, to take the heat off of Jaleel. Plus they needed a *gasp* shocker- because this show has been pretty F-L-A-T. I dont think they did, but its a thought.
    ness and Midol like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.