+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627
Like Tree379Likes

Thread: 4/9 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/9 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I just want to say that I have no particular favorite this season so my comments are based on what I saw this week. I also don't believe the dance off is this week. I thought Tom said it would start next week. Why they are waiting until next week I am not sure and again I could have heard wrong.

I agree with all of you that have said how horrible the singing is and this week especially was horrible. I also thought the scoring was better this week, but still off in a few spots IMO.

Even with a great season like season 14, Rock week is still not a good idea. There were a few dances I thought were very good, everyone else was blah for the most part.

Donald & Peta- My only complaint I really have is that Peta should’ve given him just a little bit more to do. He was doing awesome with the dancing he did, I just wanted to see MORE! Awesome job from these two overall.

Maria & Derek- Maria is fantastic! Loved this Tango. Her upper body lines are just brilliant and she is really good at moving with energy and vibrance, but giving it plenty of finesse and control. I hope she keeps pushing through the pain, because I can see her doing some incredible dancing.

Roshon & Chelsie- I think he has been underestimated. This Viennese Waltz was very sweet, smooth, and musical. I agree that his limbs can work both for and against him. If he can learn to control them, he will be even better. I too think he’s the best male dancer. Time of My Life is not a rock song, but I love it was a Viennese Waltz.

Katherine & Mark- Like I expected, Katherine did struggle a little with her Paso. This dance just didn’t qutie suit her, I think a classy, sophisticated Paso would’ve done better. And the choreography didn’t help her, which is strange because I think Mark usually does awesome Paso routines. She still did very well though, and everyone’s got bumps, this was just one of her’s.

William & Cheryl- All I can say is ouch with this dance. William definitely slipped up this week. Mistakes happen, and I think the judges finally decided to throw down the hammer. While he is full of nice energy and some of the kicks and flicks were good, there were moments of sloppiness. I honestly thought it deserved 6s and maybe one 7- he really messed up on several sections (although to be honest Cheryl looked terrible tonight and she could have been throwing him off; her dancing this season has just seemed poor) and there is no way his dance was 2 whole points better than Gladys when at least she remembered all of her choreography!

Sherri & Val- Definitely was not feeling her this week. Her dance was so slow and emotionless it was boring to me. I like her personality, but this proves that her bubbly persona will not work all the time. I am sure her fan base will keep her in.

Gladys & Tristan- These two got hosed with the song. Saying that Bohemian Rhapsody is hard to dance to is an understatement. I do think they coped better than several other couples would have, but her age showed, and she struggled for sure. I think her fans will keep her in and I do love Gladys.

Jaleel & Kym- Based on dancing I did not see this as bad or exceptionally good. I do believe because of the negative publicity that he has received people will not vote for him. I still don't understand this whole thing and why it has not been addressed because whether it is based on dancing or the popularity of him which is an unknown to me I think he could be in trouble. The fact that they say nothing seems unfair whether it is true or not. I wish the press could stay out of all this, but apparently they cannot because they are celebrities. JMO

Melissa & Maks- I do think her paso may have been her best dance, but I still see her moving very timidly, and holding onto Maks for dear life. I see glimmers of good technique, and I see glimmers of a real entertainer showing through – but I still think she’s just terribly nervous out there on the floor, and I wish she could shake it. I like Melissa – she may be timid, but she’s one of the few partners that Maks has had that doesn’t seem emotionally fragile or unable to take criticism, and I do get the feeling they genuinely get along. This could be another case of people picking up the phone once they announced that she was taken to the hospital after being injured.

Gavin & Karina- This dance could have been pretty darn good for me if it wasn’t for that terrible frame. The whole time I was like “C’mon Gavin! Tuck your butt, straighten up!” I honestly want him to stick around, I’m seeing improvement, and I think he’s really opening up as the weeks go on. I”m really liking him more and more each week. Now do I think he’ll be safe. I'm not sure. I just like him as a person.

As far as who is going to be safe and make it through - I have no idea. There are so many variables and unfortunately the show itself because of ratings and such do things to add fuel to the fire. The not addressing the Jaeel rumors, the Melissa being taken to the hospital and even the injuries of poor Maria all add to the drama of the show. It is all about the ratings and less about the dancing. All these shows seem to do the same thing so I am not just saying DWTS is the only guilty party. I normally try to just enjoy these shows and pay attention to the talent. The talent of all these people is what draws me in the first place. JMO
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 04-10-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    karalott, DancingDad and Midol like this.

I thought Tom said it would start next week. Why they are waiting until next week I am not sure and again I could have heard wrong.
    No, you didn't hear wrong Tom said starting next week. I agree with everyone you have posted about Well said! or posted.

Have you danced before? I am not even sure we are allowed to ask that question, but you sound very knowledgeable
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    No, you didn't hear wrong Tom said starting next week. I agree with everyone you have posted about Well said! or posted.

Have you danced before? I am not even sure we are allowed to ask that question, but you sound very knowledgeable
    Thank you FannyMare. I don't know all the rules here so I do not mind answering. Yes, I danced with my husband for over 15 years. We did both ballroom and even got into country western. Not so much line dancing, but two-step, waltz, both east and west coast swing and couples dancing. I did mention my dancing in the beginning, but it is understandable if nobody remembers. lol I only post after the show as I am unable to join all of you during the show.

Okay folks, we're closing this forum for a few hours because of all the bickering in here. While our rules state that posters here are allowed to voice both positive and negative opnions, the exception is the incessant posting of the same opinion, over and over. We consider that baiting and it will earn you an infraction. We all know that posters have their favorites on this show. State your opinion and move on. It's not necessary in EVERY post to re-state that opnion. That isn't voicing an opinion, it's passive aggressive baiting and while we've been ignoring it, from here on out, we're cracking down. This is the only warning.

Please stop beating dead horses and relax a bit. If you feel someone is baiting you, please report the post and the mods will take a look. Reacting to the baiting and slamming a poster will earn you an infraction as well.

We'll re-open this forum in a few hours, once posters have had a chance to read this.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread