+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree379Likes

Thread: 4/9 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/9 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Very smart kid.It was really really bad .The whole thing tonight was pretty bad. Kiss, and DWTS.I dont think so.The costumes were not good, and the dancing was mediocre. I liked some better than others, but really tonight was substandard.
    Except for MyBoyfriendDonaldDriver.
    jucamer likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Except for MyBoyfriendDonaldDriver.
    Oh for sure DD and Peta the best tonight! BTW I looked up his leap.LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Tonight really dragged on for me ... I kept thinking how long is this show, and then when I thought it was over, there were 3 more dancers. I didn't like the costumes ... even Mak's. I did like the top part, or lack thereof, but the pants ... not for me.

Here's what I don't get, CA said that Melissa's dance tonight was her best "by far" ... and yet she gave her she normally gives her.

And man does Peta have a beautiful body, and she certainly knows how to work it.

Anywho, this is for CA!
    Nice'n'Easy and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Tonight really dragged on for me ... I kept thinking how long is this show, and then when I thought it was over, there were 3 more dancers. I didn't like the costumes ... even Mak's. I did like the top part, or lack thereof, but the pants ... not for me.

Here's what I don't get, CA said that Melissa's dance tonight was her best "by far" ... and yet she gave her she normally gives her.

And man does Peta have a beautiful body, and she certainly knows how to work it.

Anywho, this is for CA!

I agree 100%. It was a pretty sucky night imnsho.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Anywho, this is for CA!
    I can't remember what celeb it was, but a few seasons back, a celeb poked fun at the fact that the judges went on and on about how improved they were, and they wound up getting the exact same score they did the week before. So their criticism was, if they were improved, shouldn't their scores go up? The same could be said for Melissa. And look at Donald this season. The judges raved about him in previous weeks, yet their scores didn't exactly match it. Nothing new from the incompetent trio. I'm convinced the producers are behind the scores, as I don't think it's any secret why everything is so close, why certain couples get the scores they do, and why others are given a half boot out the door.

Melissa's dance was her best. And one of the best in an otherwise blah night. It didn't help that one of the greatest bands of all time kicked things off, and then we were left to listen (or mute) the DWTS banshees. The troupe is kind of annoying anymore. It's like watching a circus act, and since Tristan and Peta moved up, I feel like they're auditioning to hopefully get a role as a celeb paired pro next season. I could have done without them. Tonight's theme, as they usually are, was just a bust. They really need to pair the dances with better song choices. They may say it's not a real dance show, it's a TV show, but that does seem to matter to the viewers. They might surprise themselves if they did it that way and treated more like a dance competition. Maybe they'd actually close in on their precious 18-49 demo they crave. The guy liner was a bit much. Val and Tristan pulled it off well, though. It was just a mess, and I think they set the bar too high week 1. Even though the dancing was the best it's been in a premiere in forever, it's gone down since. They need to stop pretending it's still that same quality. We're at week 4, and this is what I expect people to look like week 1. I also don't get why William and Roshon had 2 entirely different dance styles than everyone else. Especially dance styles that you don't exactly mix with rock week. I'll be curious what tomorrow brings. I'm very worried about Melissa, if she's able to return from her injury (it sounds like she will). I'm thinking Gavin and Jaleel as potential threats to leave the competition, but Gavin may finally be spared from the bottom 2. Gladys could find herself there, but again, I think she's got the name recognition. We might get a surprise and see someone like Roshon, which could very well be why they started the dance off this week. They may have seen it coming. If the outcome of the dance off is that obvious, I hope the judges don't dwell over their decision when we can see it coming a mile away.
    Bet2Win and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    So, if she's not there, and she's in the bottom 2, does she automatically get eliminated since she can't participate in the dance off? Glad to know what happened. Hope she's able to make it through. Maks will probably blame himself for it.

Good question. Although, from what Bruno and Len said, it appeared to me that they are fairly confident she'll be around for more dances. They must be bringing in the votes. Also, Tom said something tonight about better dancers getting eliminated before their time, and that's why they are doing the dance off. So who is in the bottom, or close to it, that the judges will be saving from low votes. Maybe Katherine?

Even though there have been people that have overstayed their dancing abilities cough Nancy Grace cough; the audience is encouraged every Monday night to vote for their favorites ... not vote for the best dancer. So it seems unfair that the judges will be stepping in to save their favorites and screw what the voting audience wants. Well that just put me in a bad mood.
    Nice'n'Easy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I can't remember what celeb it was, but a few seasons back, a celeb poked fun at the fact that the judges went on and on about how improved they were, and they wound up getting the exact same score they did the week before. So their criticism was, if they were improved, shouldn't their scores go up? The same could be said for Melissa. And look at Donald this season. The judges raved about him in previous weeks, yet their scores didn't exactly match it. Nothing new from the incompetent trio. I'm convinced the producers are behind the scores, as I don't think it's any secret why everything is so close, why certain couples get the scores they do, and why others are given a half boot out the door.

Melissa's dance was her best. And one of the best in an otherwise blah night. It didn't help that one of the greatest bands of all time kicked things off, and then we were left to listen (or mute) the DWTS banshees. The troupe is kind of annoying anymore. It's like watching a circus act, and since Tristan and Peta moved up, I feel like they're auditioning to hopefully get a role as a celeb paired pro next season. I could have done without them. Tonight's theme, as they usually are, was just a bust. They really need to pair the dances with better song choices. They may say it's not a real dance show, it's a TV show, but that does seem to matter to the viewers. They might surprise themselves if they did it that way and treated more like a dance competition. Maybe they'd actually close in on their precious 18-49 demo they crave. The guy liner was a bit much. Val and Tristan pulled it off well, though. It was just a mess, and I think they set the bar too high week 1. Even though the dancing was the best it's been in a premiere in forever, it's gone down since. They need to stop pretending it's still that same quality. We're at week 4, and this is what I expect people to look like week 1. I also don't get why William and Roshon had 2 entirely different dance styles than everyone else. Especially dance styles that you don't exactly mix with rock week. I'll be curious what tomorrow brings. I'm very worried about Melissa, if she's able to return from her injury (it sounds like she will). I'm thinking Gavin and Jaleel as potential threats to leave the competition, but Gavin may finally be spared from the bottom 2. Gladys could find herself there, but again, I think she's got the name recognition. We might get a surprise and see someone like Roshon, which could very well be why they started the dance off this week. They may have seen it coming. If the outcome of the dance off is that obvious, I hope the judges don't dwell over their decision when we can see it coming a mile away.
    Aw, it could be Roshon ... CA made it a point to say he is the best male dancer there.

And I'm starting to think that the posters who think CA has/had a thing for Maks that was not reciprocated may be truly on to something!

Also, I didn't realize that Peta was from the troupe. I usually tune the troupe dances out. So thanks for pointing that out!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Watched most of the performances and the only one that stood out was Donald's! You ladies can have your Ukrainian brothers, I'll focus/drool over Donald. Wowza, that man has it going on! He may have scrawny legs, but his upper body surely makes up for it!

I re watched that spin during M&M's dance but couldn't see her head make contact with the floor. Hope she is OK. What is with all the falls/slips by the pros? I'm pretty sure there weren't any in the prior seasons and now we've had at least one in the last 3 seasons. Are all the pros overworked or what?

I have to admit that Derek also looks very good in leather. The bad boy look suits him.

Think it's time for Gladys to go home, although Gavin could go too. If Gladys is touring and doing this show, that seems to be a bit much for her. I wonder how many hours she is able to practice? Compared to week 1 she is is getting slower and slower.

I'd hate to see Melissa go out due to an injury. Then you'd always have in your head "what ifs" Nobody likes that feeling.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Good question. Although, from what Bruno and Len said, it appeared to me that they are fairly confident she'll be around for more dances. They must be bringing in the votes. Also, Tom said something tonight about better dancers getting eliminated before their time, and that's why they are doing the dance off. So who is in the bottom, or close to it, that the judges will be saving from low votes. Maybe Katherine?

Even though there have been people that have overstayed their dancing abilities cough Nancy Grace cough; the audience is encouraged every Monday night to vote for their favorites ... not vote for the best dancer. So it seems unfair that the judges will be stepping in to save their favorites and screw what the voting audience wants. Well that just put me in a bad mood.
    The judges are just as guilty of playing favorites as the viewers. It's what TPTB want. Can you imagine this backfiring on them and having Katherine and Roshon, or William and Donald landing in the bottom 2, and having the judges have to pick? Obviously, one of them would be going home anyway, but it'd be kind of a funny argument that they were trying to weed out the bad dancers, and people are voting to keep them in. Strictly Come Dancing had a bottom 2 dance off for many seasons, with the judges deciding who went home between the bottom 2 up until the semi finals. However, one season, the absolute worst dancer in the competition never landed in the bottom 2. That contestant wound up qutting because they felt it was unfair they continued (there was quite a bit of controversy over that). So they need a weaker dancer to wind up in the bottom 2 to go along with saving the best dancer argument. In previous seasons when they did the dance off, it was a waste of time, because the people who wound up in the bottom 2 deserved it. They can't say vote for your favorite but then get mad if the favorite doesn't match their's. I'd rather have contestants around that I liked over dancers that bore me or who are the producer/judges pets because they're supposedly better.

I'd like to see the look on Mark's face if he and Katherine wound up in the bottom 2. I bet if Melissa winds up in the bottom, she's a goner. But the judges now will claim they're doing the noble thing and taking her out for her injury, even though they probably would have taken her out anyway. Maks is on his best behavior this season, but I think he's enjoying himself and finally taking the show for what it is. I do think there's still bad blood between him and CA, however.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    What was with Stonehenge right before Derek's dance?
    It's a reference to "Spinal Tap," a fake documentary about a rock band in the early '80s. It's one of my favorite movies ever, but it's a pretty rock-geek reference. If they were really trying to be faithful to the genre, I would have preferred the band just get the lyrics right.

+ Reply to Thread