+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: 4/3 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/3 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

If any of you are SYTYCD fans, did you spot the two familiar faces in the Macy's dancers group last night? What a great performance that was too!
    ness, AZChristian and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Ness, thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it and do enjoy it here. I tried replying with your quote, but for some reason it will not let me.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think anyone can skew numbers. I do the same as you, watch one show record others. I hate Wednesdays, I have 3 shows that are on at the same time.
    I am another one who records the shows and some nights I have 4 shows on at the same slot (I may be watching to much TV), but I am lucky because I can record up to 4 shows at the same time. Best feature ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Ness, thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it and do enjoy it here. I tried replying with your quote, but for some reason it will not let me.

You're very welcome!

I ABSOLUTELY thought your post was thought-provoking, and great!

And I'm glad you DO enjoy it here! The longer you stick around, the more you'll come to enjoy ideas, thoughts, quips, commentary, etc., from everybody. This is a great group (it really feels like an extended family, to me!), and you're part of it, now, so . . .

KEEP 'EM COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KatesMom, jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Aw, all the pros that I like are being eliminated.

What is the new rule? It sounds like carbon copy of the "instant cha cha", (Well, okay the dances are not necessarily going to be the cha-cha) but the rule sounds like it's a ploy for the judges to keep their favorites. If they have the final say, what is the point of voting anymore? Isn't the audience suppose to have the final say? First AI and now Dwts.
    karalott, ness, jucamer and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Aw, all the pros that I like are being eliminated.

What is the new rule? It sounds like carbon copy of the "instant cha cha", (Well, okay the dances are not necessarily going to be the cha-cha) but the rule sounds like it's a ploy for the judges to keep their favorites. If they have the final say, what is the point of voting anymore? Isn't the audience suppose to have the final say? First AI and now Dwts.
    SYTYCD has the bottom 3 dance for their lives, then the judges vote for which of the three are eliminated ... I don't mind it on SYTYCD, but I trust those judges more than Curly, Moe and Larry. They actually save the better dancers ... popularity and crushing on certain contestants don't play into their decisions. Then as the season nears the end, they leave it up to the audience vote.

And if they are truly concerned that better dancers are eliminated too soon, there's certainly a way to fix that ... bring out the 4 and 5 paddles for the lesser dancers.

I personally hate the idea of the judges save. They always point to Sabrina as being one that went too early. I felt then and still do now that it wasn't a shocking elimination. If TPTB had been reading FORT as I was they would have seen as I did that while people thought technically she might havebeen good she wasn't making a personal connection to the audience. Many found her to show a sense of entitlement as well as too.much 'hardness' in her dance. I don't know how to explain it, it didn't flow. One bad week but she didn't have the fan-base. This show has always been more than just technical dancing -- for which I'm glad. I wouldn't like it if it were only about technicality.

Gavin is close to the bottom in terms of technical ability this year. When they mentioned last week he had practiced 13 hours longer than anyone else I threw him a vote. Hard work and dedication should be rewarded. Some people are not natural dancers and he'll never be the best. I won't always vote for him but felt good about doing it now.

I wish the judges would quit trying to force us to like dancers.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Neilsen ratings
    Mon 8pm Dancing with the Stars 16.87 mil/////Voice 10.83 mil

Tues 9 pm Dancing with the Stars 15.4 mil/////Voice 8.35 mil

The Voice is killing no one.
    The Voice does have less viewers, but it is doing better than DWTS in the key demographic 18-49. 4.1/11 vs 2.9/8. Those numbers are only important to advertisers though.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    SYTYCD has the bottom 3 dance for their lives, then the judges vote for which of the three are eliminated ... I don't mind it on SYTYCD, but I trust those judges more than Curly, Moe and Larry. They actually save the better dancers ... popularity and crushing on certain contestants don't play into their decisions. Then as the season nears the end, they leave it up to the audience vote.

And if they are truly concerned that better dancers are eliminated too soon, there's certainly a way to fix that ... bring out the 4 and 5 paddles for the lesser dancers.
    I completely agree. I was thinking about Katherine getting 10s Monday night (way too soon for 10s, especially for a non-waltz), and figure, why not make her, or William, work that much harder to reach those 10s? They've made it, where do they have to go from here, and why bother working their tail off. Doesn't hurt that the judges already love them as it is. There was an article I read pre-season where Len was saying there'd be no bias with Katherine, which I thought was just an odd statement to make. I hadn't thought about it before he said anything, but much like I believe the stooges have biases with the pros, they do with the contestants, too. And speaking of this stupid judges save, I wouldn't be surprised if the pro is more the deciding factor. I mean, what if the bottom 2 next week is Roshon and Melissa? Or Gavin and Maria? What is the point of a stupid dance off and fake judges tears and pretend debating and one of the judges throwing the losing couple a pity vote. I agree with the above poster about Sabrina; she lost many moons ago for a reason, they fixed a design a dance contest for her and Mark, she's taking part in the Las Vegas DWTS show, she's pointed out in the audience often, and has done backstage interviews with the couples. I think most everyone is over her "shocking" elimination, which isn't so shocking in comparision anymore when you compare it to other eliminations and losses that came after her (no, I'm still not over Gilles losing, and the bigger travesty of season 5 was Mel B losing to Helio). I'll just be glad when the next 3 weeks are over and the judges don't have anymore stupid say. Hopefully they show their favoritism and incompetent judging when it comes to at least one of these saves, to where it backfires.

I know the NCAA game was on this past Monday, but I'm surprised DWTS is slipping each week in viewers. I don't mind the controversy free season, but the producers can't be happy. Especially since last season saw the ratings go down.
    Bet2Win and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    The Voice does have less viewers, but it is doing better than DWTS in the key demographic 18-49. 4.1/11 vs 2.9/8. Those numbers are only important to advertisers though.
    \

Somehow this doesn't come as a surprise
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread