+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: 4/3 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/3 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

The Voice is killing them in the ratings( its killing AI as well) so maybe they think this will add more drama to the show.
    Neilsen ratings
    Mon 8pm Dancing with the Stars 16.87 mil/////Voice 10.83 mil

Tues 9 pm Dancing with the Stars 15.4 mil/////Voice 8.35 mil

The Voice is killing no one.

Kym is such a lovely person who has had more than her share of weak partners and always handled it beautifully, much as Tony does. She deserves better.

As for Donald's statement about keeping it in house, that's what I would expect to hear from an NFLer. Professional athletes are taught to keep this kind of thing in the locker room. I would expect him to come to Kym's aid and then just keep quiet about it.
    ness likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

My comments are not going to be popular with many people, but I think it is important to take all the reports of Jaeel's possible arguement with Kim out of the equation. My own thought when reading these articles and you can find numerous ones now saying that the original ones were taken way out of context. I just finished reading many articles that say it had nothing to do with what was originally reported and all about Jaeel not feeling comfortable with a move Kim was asking him to do because of his knee. It further said that he felt so bad for giving her a hard time about not being able to do it that he went out and bought her a dozen roses. Who knows what the truth is and I think it should be about the dancing and not about popularity of certain dancers of what they did or did not do. I have seen articles and polls of William saying he is way overrated and scored too high. They talk about how mean and big headed William became in Mexico where he first made his fame and now he does not even acknowledge the fact that they are the ones who made him famous first. There was also mentions of Max and Val talking about William being judged for his sexiness and not his dance steps. Bruno giving him a 10 when he actually did make mistakes. I mean a 10 use to mean you danced perfectly without flaw. Even Derek said this weeks Rumba would be getting inappropriate to keep up with William.

My point being is that you will find all kinds of stuff out there on everyone if you look. Whether any of it is true or not I have no idea. I personally think that if anyone especially Kim felt her partner were a threat to her in any way that he would be eliminated from the show. At least I would like to think if anything was that bad they would get rid of the person. Just this season on AI they eliminated a contestant and turned it into a big drama for ratings. I would expect this show to take advantage of a situation for the drama aspect. If you expected the show to mention something and they chose to ignore it might just be because it was nothing and not worth making any deal about. If they mentioned that would they then have to talk about William and the people of Mexico thinking he let his fame go to his head and became mean and the many other things that are out there if you look for it.

I choose to let it be about the dancing and that is just my honest opinion. My comments on last nights results show are I absolutely loved Johnathan and Anna. The dance that they did in honor of their friend, was absolutely breathtaking. They danced as if they were one person. I have always loved watching the two of them dance. I feel bad that Anna is gone from the show this early and poor Johnathan who no longer is part of the regular pros seems to always end up like poor Tony. Tony was wonderul last night and why the two of them are never giving the talent that so many of the others keep getting is something I will never understand. Loved seeing the dancers from SYTYCD and as always they did not disappoint.

Not sure how I feel about the new rule going into place with the dance off between the two lowest couples. Is it because they know who is not getting the votes from the fans to keep them competing? Is it certain couples that they would like see make it to the finals or even win? The biggest thing is can these three judges let their own popular feelings be put aside and really judge on the dancing alone? I am not sure of that at all. Since it was not put in before these upcoming weeks I guess we will just have to wait and see. Regarding Jack Wagner being voted off was not a surprise to me. Dancing wise I did not see a big difference between him and Gladys Knight who I admire so much, but I did not expect either of them to go very far.

Like I mentioned this is just my opinion and don't expect people to agree with me. We all watch the show, enjoy it and obviously all have different favorites and feelings on it.
    karalott, ness, DancingDad and 2 others like this.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I know I'm in the minority here....and I do realize these male pro dancers are considered handsome by most (just not by me), but I think the bare chests and those vests they wear are just awful. They certainly don't look professional, and sometimes are downright trashy.

Or maybe I'm just not "artsy" enough?
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Neilsen ratings
    Mon 8pm Dancing with the Stars 16.87 mil/////Voice 10.83 mil

Tues 9 pm Dancing with the Stars 15.4 mil/////Voice 8.35 mil

The Voice is killing no one.
    It is not killing DWtS, but I believe it is cutting into viewership compared to NBC's competition in prior seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post
    "After next week, and for the subsequent three weeks, the bottom two couples will dance simultaneously for the judges who will then decide who goes. This dance duel will give you one last chance for the best dancer to stay in the competition."

I just replayed the show and that's what Tom said. Guess we'll have to wait and see about next week because it wasn't clear, I agree, echo.

I hate the dance-off idea. IMO, it's because some of their favorites are clearly in trouble with the fan-vote - maybe just Katherine.
    ITA.

Katherine appeared on the show a few seasons ago and is a stellar opera singer. Now, we're discovering that she's also a wonderful dancer, to boot.

Problem is, fanbase votes DO factor into this show. And Katherine is British, AND an opera singer, which won't necessarily translate to a lot of fanbase votes for her on THIS side of the pond, I think.

And I'm pretty sure that we can all recall at least ONE season wherein a good dancer left earlier than he/she should've, with all fingers having to point to the lack of a fanbase as the reason. Or, someone staying on MUCH longer than they should've, BECAUSE their fanbase kept them in.

Sucks, don't it?
    Last edited by ness; 04-04-2012 at 02:36 PM.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Jaceegirl . . .

My experience with the FoRT is that all of us are entitled to and able to express our opinions on this board, about any aspect of a show, or current events, or anything else that a thread exists about.

This is why I've always liked it, here.

I, for one (or at least two, right now!) liked and enjoyed your post. It's always good to get differing views and ideas on a situation --- ESPECIALLY when those views and ideas are presented in a reasonable, thought-provoking way that doesn't subtly, or not-so-subtly, lecture or put down anyone for their particular thoughts on a subject, or, out-and-out flame them for their thoughts.

I hope you always feel comfortable and free to continue to post your opinions, here!
    Last edited by ness; 04-04-2012 at 02:55 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    It is not killing DWtS, but I believe it is cutting into viewership compared to NBC's competition in prior seasons.
    I think what I saw was on Tuesdays, DWTS was not doing as well as The Voice. No matter, i continue to watch DWTS. It's good we have choices.
    Florimel, ness and Jaceegirl like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think what I saw was on Tuesdays, DWTS was not doing as well as The Voice. No matter, i continue to watch DWTS. It's good we have choices.
    On Mondays and Tuesdays, I have three shows that I watch that come on at the same time! I watch DWTS live and catch the other shows on the DVR. Wish the DVR could record more than 2 at a time. I had also read that The Voice was doing better than all it's time competitors. Not sure I believe it.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    On Mondays and Tuesdays, I have three shows that I watch that come on at the same time! I watch DWTS live and catch the other shows on the DVR. Wish the DVR could record more than 2 at a time. I had also read that The Voice was doing better than all it's time competitors. Not sure I believe it.
    I think anyone can skew numbers. I do the same as you, watch one show record others. I hate Wednesdays, I have 3 shows that are on at the same time.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread