+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: 4/3 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/3 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Wow, what a crappy night of TV for me. First, The Voice eliminations and now Jack is gone too. On top of that I made a boo boo last night about Katherine's dance. There wasn't a lift, but I could swear I saw one....

Hmm wonder where else I can go wrong this week? LOLOL

Don't the pros have a little say in what their celebs wear? Orange is just not a very good colour on most people. On Anna it does, but not someone so fair like Jack. Not to mention that those tan/beige pants aren't a good look on the guys either. I didn't like them on JR or Donald either.
    Actually the Pantone color of the year is "Tangerine Tango" ... AKA a deep Orange.

However, I do agree that the orange wasn't flattering to Anna or Jack.

If I could send someone home it would be Sherry. I guess she has fans.

I think instituting this judges save is wrong. They will/must do the producers bidding and the producers are already doing odd things.
    Really I could have done without Sherry's frenetic thing and the hair tossing was almost mocking or challenging Melissa.

If I decide who I would like to see continue on the show and vote for them, saving them if they end up in the bottom 2 is part of my purpose. So now I must give MY choice to CA ? Yuck!
    Nice'n'Easy and Jaceegirl like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Elsa66 - I'd forgotten that part of the interview. I also found it really odd that there was a dead silence after Tony made the comment about Mark standing up for his fellow dancer. Nobody said a word, they didn't acknowledge it any way, they didn't even look at each other. The deafening silence was an answer all by itself and then Mark laughs a little and says that things are always blown out of proportion but that they've all moved on (or something like that).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Have one "ready" in case they had to do the dance off. I think I remember everybody needing to learn a spare "cha cha" for the dance off, if it came, but heck if I can remember what season or even which country they had to do that in?
    You are right! they said they will ask them to dance another dance entirely ( according to Sherri) Why though?

The Voice is killing them in the ratings( its killing AI as well) so maybe they think this will add more drama to the show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    In the past, they have shown footage of the pro getting upset (Maks/Hope), the star getting upset (IIRC, Chelsea's partner), the judges' faux pas (Bruno, too many to list). Why all of a sudden should it stay in house?
    Donald was directly involved and I suspect his decision ( and the producers) was that it is better to keep a lid on it. In other words for him it's a personal thing between the parties involved and the public has no need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post
    And I'm pretty sure I understood Tom when he said they'd start the dance-off the week AFTER next week, and then they would do it for three weeks only, and the bottom two would dance simultaneously. That's different than the other dance-offs I've seen, at least in England, where each couple dances their dance again - and the judges pick the couple they want to stay. I assume with a simultaneous dance, they'd have to ad-lib it? It seems like too big and wasteful a burden to have all the couples learn a separate "dance off" dance, though it seems like I remember them having to do something like that once, either here or the London show. Have one "ready" in case they had to do the dance off. I think I remember everybody needing to learn a spare "cha cha" for the dance off, if it came, but heck if I can remember what season or even which country they had to do that in?
    That was an oddly worded statement and I don't remember it verbatim, but I understood him to mean that after next week's dance show on Monday, the result show next Tuesday would include the dance off.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Why not just stop the phone calls and internet votes and let the judges do this all on their own without the shell games? Someone big has got to be in jeopardy - could be Catherine? I don't care who it is - You know how I love my Maks, but if Melissa goes home because she is not getting the fan vote - that's fair and square. Letting the Three Stooges decide is just a freakin joke.

But Katherine hasn't been in the bottom three ( yet) . If this had happened this week, I wonder if they would have chosen Gavin or Jack?
    Midol likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Regarding Dance Off, whether that is good or bad really comes down to the people in the bottom 2. It could be helpful, it could annoy us more. I think its been abused in the past, but there have also been seasons everyone wished the judges could save a good dancer that didn't get the fan votes.

Since we don't know who is actually the bottom #1 we will never know if it makes any difference. Maybe judges will always dump the same couple that would have left.

It is ironic that the judges are scoring so tightly, essentially saying "let the fans decide" yet they want the final say after the fans decide.

The real reason for the Dance Off is probably much more simple and straight forward--until the couples are whittled down enough to do 2 dances a week they need some fill for a 2 hour show, and this will add 5 minutes.

One advantage to the Dance Off, and to the announcements so far this season, is that we get to see who is really the bottom 2, not the usual "while one of these is going home tonight, these are not necessarly the bottom two couples."

OK.

1. Donald NOT denying that anything happened, and saying "this kind of thing should stay in-house."

2. Tony praising Mark for "standing up for [his] fellow dancer, as anyone would." Barely able to look at Jaleel, and a palpable sense of hostility emanating from Tony to Jaleel. And Tony is well-known to be a gentleman, BTW.

3. NO direct mention or roundabout implication at ALL from ANY of TPTB --- or indirectly, on their behalf, through Tom, who CERTAINLY could've handled it --- about this on the show, when, in the past, they've readily shown clips of partner dust-ups (even between those partners that sincerely seemed to like each other and got along like a house on fire).

I think it's quite possible that Jaleel might've thrown around the "s" word (i.e., "SUE!") towards the show when this mess was going on. But, I agree with Fanny . . . I really DON'T think he can sue them for anything. What in the world would he sue them for? Apparently, HE accidentally stepped on KYM's foot, she said "OUCH!", he went off on her because of that, started yelling at her and calling her names, Mark and Donald intervened to stop it, things REALLY got ugly between him and Mark (in the meantime, Kym started crying and left, BTW), and the producers jumped in and stopped it before ambulances and the police (perhaps) had to be brought in. Additionally, Jaleel was allegedly banned from the area for the rest of the day by the show producers.

And now NOTHING is being said by TPTB for the show, but implications from what ISN'T being said (facial expressions, crocodile tears), and even what IS ("Oh, nothing happened!", "This kind of thing should stay in-house.", etc., etc.) are rolling and adding up to there being something WAY more than just "nothing happened".

Frankly, I'm starting to wonder if, perhaps, Jaleel might be bi-polar, or perhaps, his lingering enmity for Urkel (which, lest we ALL forget, was what put him on the map in the first place) kept simmering below the surface and perhaps blew if the producers kept prodding him to Urkel-ize a dance, in some way.

I mean, remember when Chaz was on? He WENT IN saying he had no intention whatsoever of dancing to his parents' songs, because that wasn't what he was there to do. Yet, he DID dance to one of his father's songs later on ("Mean to Me", or something to that effect?). Makes me kind of wonder if the producers kept bugging him about it until he got tired of hearing it and caved just to get them off his back. And the song he chose to dance to was not a particularly well-known song, either, but one that DID resonate deeply with him.

Then, for "Personal Story Week" this season, Jaleel just HAPPENS to choose the year he started to play Stefan as the most important year of his life? Come on . . . Stefan may have been a more normal, suave character than Urkel, but, let's face it . . . STEFAN WAS STILL A DIRECT OFFSHOOT OF URKEL THE NERD.

Which he might've deeply resented.

Just random thoughts.
    TIA__MA likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

"After next week, and for the subsequent three weeks, the bottom two couples will dance simultaneously for the judges who will then decide who goes. This dance duel will give you one last chance for the best dancer to stay in the competition."

I just replayed the show and that's what Tom said. Guess we'll have to wait and see about next week because it wasn't clear, I agree, echo.

I hate the dance-off idea. IMO, it's because some of their favorites are clearly in trouble with the fan-vote - maybe just Katherine.
    ness likes this.

I just read, that the judges have been taken heat( in past seasons) that good dancers have gone home before bad dancers.. This is their way of making that not happen

I always think its fixed, it doesn't matter to me
    Nice'n'Easy, Midol and Elsa66 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread