+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: 4/3 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/3 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Have to admit that I am a bit surprised that Jack was the one who got the boot...not because he was a better dancer, but because I thought his soap fan base would keep him over Gavin. Either way, sad to see him go, but then this season it will be hard to see anyone go.

I am not a fan of the judges having the last say since they are the ones who overscore and cause much of the problems with their blatant favouratism of certain stars and pros. I fear for my eye candy since CA really has it out for Maks and Grumpy and Tweedle Dum aren't far behind.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    So, why the envelope for Sherri giving the news off-stage? I didn't understand that - it didn't add anything extra to the show, it just seemed weird and out of place. They didn't want her downstairs, on the stage for some reason? Was it supposed to be suspenseful, because it wasn't.

And still no mention of the dust-up between Jaleel and Kym, which makes it seem more like something than nothing. They could have dismissed it very easily, officially showing it was nothing ... but they didn't. Hmmm.
    I agree with everything you've said, but BOY do I agree with the part I've bolded.

Just how stupid do TPTB think we are? If it'd just been nothing, or blown out of proportion, or an "At-the-end-of-my-last-good-nerve-with-you!" partner dust-up --- which DOES happen, people being human, plus under a lot of pressure doing this --- and which they've had NO problem showing clips of before (i.e., Tony?, Brooke getting fed up with Derek and walking out?, etc., etc.), I truly believe they'd've at least mentioned it and shown a clip, or something.

Or flat out issued an official statement denying anything at all took place, or it wasn't as bad as it was made out to be, and so on.

But all we get are denials through other venues from Jaleel, Kym and Mark? And Jaleel's crocodile tears last night?

Please.

Kym is rumored to be one of the sweetest pros on the show. I can see her getting upset, crying, and leaving the rehearsal studio after something like that (What woman wouldn't get upset? But a lot of us wouldn't just cry, turn around and leave, either! Jaleel might very well be singing soprano the next time we saw him, if it'd been a few of us!). I can also see her being loyal enough to the show to "Pooh! Pooh!" and downplay the drama. Even going so far as she did to casually drape her arm around Jaleel during an interview with one of the magazine shows, after the show was over last night. Kym ain't no wave-maker, I think.

Mark? As aggressively as he goes after another Mirror Ball trophy, for some reason, I also think he would have it in him to physically and verbally go after Jaleel for verbally abusing Kym (or any other female on set, for that matter). Yep, I could be wrong, but whatever I think about him and his overdancing and his spats and Mirror Ball obsessions, I honestly don't believe he'd stand idly by while a male contestant or another male pro yelled at, name-called and/or bullied a female in the rehearsal hall. And I don't for one second think he'd back down at any abuse (verbal or otherwise) Jaleel sent his way.

Donald? I can't see him standing idly by while foolishness like that went down, either.

And NO MENTION --- NOT EVEN A FLAT-OUT DENIAL (lie though it might have been) --- is made about any of this from one of the Big Cheeses on the show? Or Tom, on their behalf?

Please.

In THIS case, I do NOT think silence is golden.

I could be wrong, of course; I wasn't there.

But, like my grandma would say:

"Somethin' in the milk ain't CLEAN!"

JMHO.

Last edited by ness; 04-04-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Donald? I can't see him standing idly by while foolishness like that went down, either.
    I saw Donald interviewed, and he said this kind of thing should stay in house.. That's all he said, he didnt deny something went on.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Super glad Gavin made it through another week! He deserved to stay as he really was the most improved from last week. I thought he danced better than Jack too, he's not as stiff when he moves. I hope he continues to improve and manages to get out of the final two next week. Just like Gavin's new song... things will get "Sweeter" as the weeks go by.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I saw Donald interviewed, and he said this kind of thing should stay in house.. That's all he said, he didnt deny something went on.
    In the past, they have shown footage of the pro getting upset (Maks/Hope), the star getting upset (IIRC, Chelsea's partner), the judges' faux pas (Bruno, too many to list). Why all of a sudden should it stay in house?

Did Jaleel threaten to sue them if they showed it? Is this why the judges are going to be picking the person that goes home? Curious.
    ness, AZChristian and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    In the past, they have shown footage of the pro getting upset (Maks/Hope), the star getting upset (IIRC, Chelsea's partner), the judges' faux pas (Bruno, too many to list). Why all of a sudden should it stay in house?

Did Jaleel threaten to sue them if they showed it? Is this why the judges are going to be picking the person that goes home? Curious.
    I dont know. As soon as I saw Jaleel's face on the Insider.I knew they were going to run with this story I dont think he can sue them can he? should be the other way around.

Oh well, next week is a new week.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post

Hmmm....now see we are all assuming that they are doing the judges pick to save a favorite that is teetering dangerously close to going home. But what if it is actually so they can ditch Jaleel and free Kym the second they get a chance. I watched a video clip of Tony interviewing Jaleel and Kym and he could barely look at the man. Tony, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but there was definitely a sense of hostility there with the looks he was giving Jaleel. I think something did happen and I think they are not being allowed it air. I do believe it was blown out of proportion but that now they are looking to get rid of him.
    ness likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

In the UK, on Come Dancing, they had the bottom two dance off for the judges. I think they are just doing the same on this show.
    -Andy Rooney-

When Tony interviewed Mark, he made a point of saying that he was proud of Mark for "standing up for his fellow dancer, as anyone would." It was clear what he meant by that! And Mark didn't deny that he "stood up" for Kym. I bet they're all protective of her till that guy is outta the house, which I hope is SOON. He's a loose cannon. Maybe that's why they feel they don't dare show anything. He might go off and if you ask me, he doesn't seem that psychologically stable. Maybe they're just trying to calm him down till the season's over (for him, I hope soon!) for fear that if they do anything to enrage him - well, who knows what he'd do? I'm not trying to suggest anything horrible - it's just he's unpredictable, unlike Maks and Mark, whom they've known for years and probably talked to them before showing the footage - heck, even Derek's rant in the confessional about the other dancers' demented lines. They KNOW their pros - but they don't KNOW Jaleel so better to be careful. And this is worse than what that Jake guy did - apparently. This seems to have involved a high level of rage that was difficult to control.

Last season, it was reported that they called in a psychiatrist to stay on set due to one of the contestants' "anger issues" and most people said it was Ron Artest. If they did it last season, I feel sure they'd do it again - and certainly try to make sure that Kym was being carefully watched during rehearsals and not ever alone with him. Especially after the ex-girlfriend or wife's allegations. People with rage issues, well, you just have to handle them with kid gloves. I don't remember all the details of the Jake "reveal" - but they may have decided in this case, try to ease out of this mess as soon and as carefully as possible, to avoid future grudges or repercussions. And I don't blame them. It's such a temporary situation, this dance contest - let him leave with as few hard feelings against anyone as possible, as crazy as he *might* be. Especially going on that ramble he went on in the Celebraquarium. Ai yi yi. He's got more than one screw loose!

And I'm pretty sure I understood Tom when he said they'd start the dance-off the week AFTER next week, and then they would do it for three weeks only, and the bottom two would dance simultaneously. That's different than the other dance-offs I've seen, at least in England, where each couple dances their dance again - and the judges pick the couple they want to stay. I assume with a simultaneous dance, they'd have to ad-lib it? It seems like too big and wasteful a burden to have all the couples learn a separate "dance off" dance, though it seems like I remember them having to do something like that once, either here or the London show. Have one "ready" in case they had to do the dance off. I think I remember everybody needing to learn a spare "cha cha" for the dance off, if it came, but heck if I can remember what season or even which country they had to do that in?
    Last edited by Elsa66; 04-04-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Well we will have to see how they handle it it all. I dont mind the dance off, they are in the bottom two anyway. I thought they would just dance what they had already danced. Not have to learn another dance on top of that. Seems like a make work project ( and added stress)
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread