+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: 4/2 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 4/2 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I only saw about the last 2/3 of Katherine and Mark's dance last night. (I'll watch the whole show today.). I flipped over to it to see if anything was happening. I couldn't tell who the dancers were at first. I thought the woman was the pro and was trying to figure out who the male was. I thought the male looked pretty good except his movements (especially his arm movements) looked exaggerated and all over the place. Then I realized it was Mark.
    Now see, if he'd had his spats on you would have known in an instant!

As for Jaleel, as I was watching it I thought "What a fake!" I didn't see any tears or hear any emotional crack in his voice -- all I saw was someone trying very hard to SEEM emotional and doing a very poor job of it. I didn't know about the fight with Kym abd I didn't understand the references to his boys. All I could figure was that he was trying to match the emotion of some of the other stories that had come before -- like he watched all their tapes as the show unfolded and thought "Oh, sh*t -- my story isn't a tear-jerker at all." So he tried to come up with some last-ditch sob story and fell flat on his face. I really liked him in week one, but now I'm hoping he goes home FAST.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post

As for Jaleel, as I was watching it I thought "What a fake!" I didn't see any tears or hear any emotional crack in his voice -- all I saw was someone trying very hard to SEEM emotional and doing a very poor job of it. I didn't know about the fight with Kym abd I didn't understand the references to his boys. All I could figure was that he was trying to match the emotion of some of the other stories that had come before -- like he watched all their tapes as the show unfolded and thought "Oh, sh*t -- my story isn't a tear-jerker at all." So he tried to come up with some last-ditch sob story and fell flat on his face. I really liked him in week one, but now I'm hoping he goes home FAST.
    They showed 'his boys,' are they the same guys that were in his show years ago. I didnt know who they were( are) .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    Just read about the argument between Kim and Jaleel, this explains his low scoring tonight...had nothing to do with his dancing. I gave him all my votes except one, it went to Roshon, because he did an MJ tribute.
    Not in my opinion - he didn't dance much and his scores were much to high

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I agree that he said something, but he didn't say enough, and he awarded the dance with a 9. I truly love Katherine, and I want her to win, but Mark's fast and loose interpretation of the rules could sabotage that in the end. I am looking at Len to really slap him upside the head.
    OMG What I would pay to see that!
    karalott, ness, Shoepie and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    You forgot to comment on Melissa and Maks. I guess they were unimpressive as I notice many haven't mentioned them. I think if they stick around, they really need to do something to draw some positive attention.
    Thanks for pointing that out

I wasn't that impressed by them .If you like Maks, then of course he, and his partner will have all sorts of excuses as to why her dance didnt go well. I dont think she should be in danger though. Their jive was a little hectic and when they separated, it wasn't great. They have room to improve, that's all you can expect from everyone.
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Melissa, Gladys and Jack may be the ones in trouble. It is such a crap shoot I don't even know why I venture a guess.

Personally the above 3 are my least favorites so that may be it. Any of them going would be fine. I do like Gladys but not her dancing. Who the hell is Jack and I never have watched Melissa in anything. Nice legs though. Oh and Roshon has very young fans and may be in the bottom again if they get bored waiting for him to dance so they can get the text #.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Melissa, Gladys and Jack may be the ones in trouble. It is such a crap shoot I don't even know why I venture a guess.

Personally the above 3 are my least favorites so that may be it. Any of them going would be fine. I do like Gladys but not her dancing. Who the hell is Jack and I never have watched Melissa in anything. Nice legs though. Oh and Roshon has very young fans and may be in the bottom again if they get bored waiting for him to dance so they can get the text #.
    I gave up guessing, I am lousy enough at AI .LOL
    -Andy Rooney-

Random thoughts:

Roshom's dance wasn't very good. MJ style dance must either be solo or dancing with a troupe, but he was doing neither, often comletely different moves than partner. Just looked out of control.

Maks has dialed back his comments so far that he is now the most wishy-washy personality on the show. He should have taken the season off.

William is not as good as the scores. He is often stiff and shoulders too muscular (in dance sort of way).

Derek continues to impress. I wonder if he picked the lighting for that dance too? It really contributed to the feel.

Mark is slowing returning to his mugging for camera, although mostly between dances. Katherine is amazing, but slightly overscored.

Jeleel (sp?): Still don't understand his outburst or mickey mouse comment. I think show needs to address the rumors, even if they are totally unfounded to put them to rest. I suspect it is partially true and show will address by closer supervision during practice.

Gavin: most improved. I'd like to see him continue.

Judges: area most in need of improvement. They really need to get back to rules of the dances. Pros should demonstrate the classic version of each dance, if even only for 30 seconds.

I watched the 90 minutes until my CATS same on to play:-). Then I only switched to watch at time outs. I don't have a fav yet. I thought it would be Jeleel but he seemed fake and cocky last night. It was almost like he knew he was good so why try. Not sure how to explain his expression during that dance.

I do like the football guy and think he could make it far....along with Derek and Mark's partners. I thought Melissa was a little slow and hesitant on her dance.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Katherine and Mark were fabulous, her story talking about her father got to me more than any other. I had to fly to the UK when my father was in an hospice, I know I couldn't ( still) talk about it then dance. Bravo to them.Elegant and fabulous

Derek and Marie, Derek can make his partner look like they have danced for several weeks , not just three. Wonderful ,sensual, and so well done. I rewound it three times to watch it. Excellent couple .

William and Cherly I liked it, I didnt find it as great at the judges did. Somehow as sexy as this man is, it seems like its forced at times I saw him button his shirt as he walked up to see Brooke,he can dance . no need for all this sexiness.

Jaleel and Kym.It was good, he can dance, I didnt get the crying at the end, I know he is glad this week is over, its a stressful time for them all ( and emotional)

Gavin and Karina I like him, he's gentle, and he 's a gentleman. I hope he doesn't go tommorw night

Val and Sherri I admit to tears when she spoke of her son, she might not be everyone's cup of tea, but she loves her boy. I thought she danced well, she's really trying.Val is very good with her.

Gladys and TristanWere good, not great.

Jack and Anna,I didnt like the song, or the costumes. Something has not clicked with this couple(as a couple) I dont feel a connection

Donald and Petra I find myself loving his dancing more each week.

Roshon and Chelsea He just makes me smile, I dont know if its his youthful exuberance, or his love of MJ tonight. I really enjoyed this kid, and Chelsie is so good

It was a good evening. I cant choose who goes home.
    I was going to write a recap, but when I read what you wrote I realized that I felt the same way you did last night. The only thing I was going to add and then saw another person picked up on what I noticed regarding Katherine and Mark. I thought it was hard to pick out that Mark was the pro. It was almost like the other poster said that Mark looked like he was the one learning how to dance compared to Katherine. I am glad that you enjoyed Roshon as he makes me smile as well. That is one thing about dancing and showing that you are having a good time. Roshon certainly does that in spades. I thought that Melissa was not that good. Again, in any other season she would be doing fine, but she is competing against a lot of great dancers. She does not flow with the dance. Even though it was the jive it still has to flow. Where were the comments from Bruno who usually comments about the flicks and kicks and doing them well. The marks for William and Cheryl did not surprise me especially from Bruno. For the two of them it is all about how sexy he is. The judging never changes and I can't help remember the dance last season done by Karina and J.R. during this very week and talk about someone who was robbed with the scores he received from the judges. One last comment about Jaleel. I knew nothing of the story before watching and judged him solely on his dancing which I thought was very good. Even the crying I did not perceive as fake. I will have to go back and watch to see if I view it differently now. I am not a mind reader and therefore have to idea what he was or was not thinking about. I have no idea who will be going home tonight. It clearly is a popularity contest and the one who gets the least votes will go home. Although since nothing surprises me about these voting shows I sometimes question just how accurate they are.
    karalott and DancingDad like this.

+ Reply to Thread