+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Thread: 3/26 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: 3/26 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Martina was painful to watch tonight. Her dancing was as bad as Kate Gosselin. I feel sorry for her, though, because she is trying so hard and she is so sweet. I almost think it would be more merciful to let her go early than to watch her train-wreck dancing week after week.
    karalott, Midol, AlwaysVeg and 1 others like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I wasn't home this evening, but I did watch Maks and Melissa online. I loved their dance, and they got all my votes. DWTS eliminations should be decided ONLY by viewers who vote. Those judges have developed favorites, and I have a gut feeling that they change the rules every season to ensure their little pets win or at least go further in the competition.
    karalott, Dahlia97, Coco46 and 3 others like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

In addition to firing Brooke, CA, Bruno, and the banshees who call themselves singers, they need to fire whoever approves those god awful outfits that they think is appropriate for live TV and dancing. Who the heck thought it was a good idea to send Martina out in that? The poor girl couldn't jive, so it was like adding insult to injury with that get up. I don't like fringe pants on the 20 year olds. And I think Martina is very beautiful. Unfortuantely, I think she's the most in jeopardy tomorrow. I kind of felt like she and Tony already knew the writing was on the wall tonight. She came, she tried, she can go out with her head held high. Jack was pretty bad, but I feel like in his case, he just needs to learn control and better technique, and he might surprise. Maybe Anna needs to tone down the routines. I don't think he's that bad, but he's in the bottom tier for me. I see slight potential there, but I think he's likely going to be out before he can find it. I do enjoy him, however, so I'd hate for him to go home this week. Gavin's jive was a mess and forgettable, but last week, the judges played up that they knew he'd do better with this dance. Maybe that's where the 7s came from? Because that dance was not better than Melissa's. Or even as good as it. Makes me wonder if they really do have something against Melissa. Yes, I agree, she was nervous, stiff, looked scared, and like she was trying too hard. But I think Maks has a lot of faith in her if he gives her routines the judges deem difficult. It seems like they compliment the routine for being hard, but then find some minor flaw to nitpick her on. I have a feeling she won't be able to win, and even when she does something right, they'll find something else wrong. I enjoyed her quickstep, although it wasn't my personal favorite of the night. Aside from Donald, Gavin, Gladys, and Maria, it seems like everyone who went first in the show last week went early this week, and those who went last went late again. Melissa does need to relax and enjoy, because this isn't doing herself any favors. The judges are boneheads and everyone knows it, but she can get votes if she shows her personality.

Speaking of personality, it makes perfect sense to me why Sherri got the score she did even though she totally botched her dance (and she even knew she messed up). She's that token contestant that's a barrel of fun and so relatable to the couch potatoe at home and is on a sinking ship known as ABC daytime, so they need viewers to tune into The View and follow Sherri's crazy adventures. I guarantee more overscoring will come, until they can't do it anymore. Jaleel was a bit of a let down after last week. I always enjoy Kym's choreography, but something about that routine seemed off. It was almost like it was safe and joyless. I don't know. Jaleel had said numerous times he turned the show down but only did it this time because his mom found out he was being asked, so maybe he doesn't really care about being there Katherine is totally this season's ringer, but it'll get old seeing her continue to get the same treatment week in and week out, the tongue baths from the judges, and the fake look of shock that they can't believe she pulled whatever dance off. Not that she isn't deserving, but I'd tolerate it a lot better if she wasn't partnered with Mark. Not sure why he, Derek, and Cheryl seem to always get the ringers. Glad to see spats didn't lose his love of the limelight and didn't disappoint by outdancing his partner. Maria seemed to improve leaps and bounds this week, although I would not have given her dance a 9. But I'll be curious to see if she can pull off latin. Ballroom might be stronger for her

I don't get why the judges go on and on and on about how much they love Donald, think he's Mr. Charisma, a crowd pleaser, full of energy, terrific in his movements, has amazing technique, and then seem to lowball him in the scores. I was pretty surprised that Len gave Gladys a 5, only because she's Gladys freaking Knight. Her quickstep did seem very slow paced and not as good as last week. We'll see in the coming weeks what direction the producers want this season to go, by who gets what dance style, the order, scores, and who gets better song choices. William is hot, but I think I'll need to skip everything but his dance. Especially samba, rumba, paso, and AT week. It's too embarrassing listening to the screaming girls in the balcony, Bruno, CA, and Brooke.

I think the judges are making a mistake with all their high scoring right out of the gate. This week was a letdown from last week, and showed not everyone is going to keep momentum. Especially as the weeks progress. By handing out practically all 8s and 9s this early, what are they going to do if people can't keep up by week 6, but they've already set the precedant by giving out such high scores and going on and on about what a competitive season it is? The viewers can see for themselves. I'll stick with my predictions to go home as Martina, Jack, or Gavin. I think an outside chance (very outside) is Melissa. Wonder if they'll do a real bottom 2 or a fake one tomorrow.
    NFL1, GabbyG, mushybrain and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Frisco Jones on General Hospital, Dr. Peter Burns on Melrose Place. He's had a pretty solid working career and was a big star in the 80's/90's in the soap world. If he can get the soap fans behind him, he may go far.
    He is currently on a soap opera. He plays on Bold and the Beautiful so I would imagine he does have a fan base from that as well as from Melrose Place.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I wasn't home this evening, but I did watch Maks and Melissa online. I loved their dance, and they got all my votes. DWTS eliminations should be decided ONLY by viewers who vote. Those judges have developed favorites, and I have a gut feeling that they change the rules every season to ensure their little pets win or at least go further in the competition.
    I put them in the bottom three.I thought she looked awful! what the heck was she wearing?? ugly ugly ugly.She is only 47 with a nice little figure, and she wears that
    It seemed rushed and hectic She didnt seemed to have improved over last week

I enjoyed Jack over Maks and Melissa, especially as it seemed they were rushing for it to be over. Maks looked bored as per.They should be grateful Martina and Jack are in it, they could be going home if not( and if not for Maks fans) He could dance with a cabbage and get votes
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AndessaFan View Post
    He is currently on a soap opera. He plays on Bold and the Beautiful so I would imagine he does have a fan base from that as well as from Melrose Place.
    Wait, there are still soaps on the air? LOL. Well then, he may just be that one that stays way past his time because of fan base. We shall see. I don't dislike him and he is trying so that's good.
    karalott and Midol like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    don't get why the judges go on and on and on about how much they love Donald, think he's Mr. Charisma, a crowd pleaser, full of energy, terrific in his movements, has amazing technique, and then seem to lowball him in the scores. I was pretty surprised that Len gave Gladys a 5, only because she's Gladys freaking Knight. Her quickstep did seem very slow paced and not as good as last week. We'll see in the coming weeks what direction the producers want this season to go, by who gets what dance style, the order, scores, and who gets better song choices. William is hot, but I think I'll need to skip everything but his dance. Especially samba, rumba, paso, and AT week. It's too embarrassing listening to the screaming girls in the balcony, Bruno, CA, and Brooke.
    I couldn't agree more! Donald was fantastic, he's the lightest on his feet out there of the men. The judges give him the praise but it's not reflected as well in the scores.
    As for William, I can see why most people find him very hot. I'm not into it, though his lips are amazing! All the same, they may as well disrobe the guy and hang him up... he's just a piece of meat the way they treat him. I feel kind of embarassed for him. Even Cheryl has to continue to remark about removing his clothes every week... I thought they were making a point about putting him in a tuxedo, but then Cheryl mentions taking off his clothes again. Yeesh.

A couple of other things to add:
    Mark is just scary. Why does he have to make those awful chimp faces? What the heck? There's having fun (smile, idiot) and then there's looking like someone just plucked you out of a tree.
    I thought Derek and his partner were a little overscored for one reason only. He knows all the tricks and he's done this one before: hiding his partner's legs and feet under a super long flowing dress early in the season. He wants the illusion of his contestant being less flawed until he has more of a chance to work on technique. It's actually a really smart thing to do, but I wish he would get called on it.
    Coco46, Alexxxx, jucamer and 1 others like this.

I will say what I said last season...

I think the judges should only be able to use paddles 1-5 until midseason. If you are giving someone a 9 on week 2, you are saying they are basically perfect and in 10 weeks (or however long this show is), they will basically have shown no progress. I don't care if you are amazingly-ringer-good in week 2, if you stay on the show you will improve. The placement of feet and hands, the actual dance moves, interpreting the music- that will all get better. If the judges stuck with the lower paddles in the first half of the season and a 5 was the best, then in week six, getting a '7' would be a great thing, not a disappointment. It's all for ratings anyway and the producers know that no one in the viewing audience wants to see their favorite celebrity get a 3 (how humiliating!)

I also think Melissa has a solid fanbase and so does Maks, so I think they are ok for awhile. Little House on the Prairie is still my favorite show ever (I'm 40) and I still watch the reruns whenever I see them on TV. My kids (8/13) also like it and sitting down to watch a family show reminds me of all the junk that is on TV now. Not to say I don't watch some of the junk, but it's nice to remember how TV used to be. (Gosh, I sound old!).
    NFL1, karalott, mom2 and 3 others like this.

Martina is definitely not a good dancer, but I don't think she's nearly as bad as some people are saying. She's certainly not Kate Gosselin "walk through the dance like a zombie" bad, and I can think of many dancers over the years that were worse than she is during their first weeks. I don't think she'll last long, but I do like her attitude, and I say "good on her" for trying.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Martina is definitely not a good dancer, but I don't think she's nearly as bad as some people are saying. She's certainly not Kate Gosselin "walk through the dance like a zombie" bad, and I can think of many dancers over the years that were worse than she is during their first weeks. I don't think she'll last long, but I do like her attitude, and I say "good on her" for trying.

She is not a 10th as bad as KG! In any other season she would probably be in the middle of the pack - this time there are so many talented dancers I think she will be the first to go .
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread