+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738
Like Tree475Likes

Thread: 3/19 DWTS14 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/19 DWTS14 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was Brooke who said, "You're 67 years old and so what?"

Did Gladys repeat the "so what?" I don't think so - I think it was just Brooke. And personally, I'm kinda glad she said that - it may give Gladys some extra votes. She did great for any age - but I think she deserves some bonus points (and votes) for doing that well at her age. I also don't think Tristan minded her picking on his accent. He's said before, "It's why I'm here" (meaning the accent - that he's there because it's funny or cute or whatever - Nancy picked on it many times last season and he always laughed - and they made his 'tird' thing part of a skit during 'Dance Center' so I'm pretty sure he's fine with playing along rather than getting hurt feelings about it.)
    Oh oops, I must have interpreted wrong, my bad.
    Nah, I just cringed because I didn't think it was necessary to so-call and 'translate' for him,
    karalott likes this.

Oh I understand. I'm pretty touchy and protective of Tristan myself, lol. He's my new favorite on DWTS and I've completely gone off Mark (an ex-fave.) Tristan's so sweet and humble! Refreshing on this show, which had gotten a bit stale, imo. Not sure Peta has the personality for it, but I like her ok - maybe she'll come 'round. I think her dancing is superb so no complaints there. She just doesn't show much personality, yet. And I like Val but don't feel like I've gotten to know him very well either. I'm just hoping Tristan's a keeper and don't really care about the other two newbies. And I wish they'd at least give Tony ONE season off. I want to have a chance to miss him (or see if I don't, lol.) As far as I'm concerned, I'd would have rather had have more Jonathan or Dmitry than Tony every single season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post
    Oh I understand. I'm pretty touchy and protective of Tristan myself, lol. He's my new favorite on DWTS and I've completely gone off Mark (an ex-fave.) Tristan's so sweet and humble! Refreshing on this show, which had gotten a bit stale, imo. Not sure Peta has the personality for it, but I like her ok - maybe she'll come 'round. I think her dancing is superb so no complaints there. She just doesn't show much personality, yet. And I like Val but don't feel like I've gotten to know him very well either. I'm just hoping Tristan's a keeper and don't really care about the other two newbies. And I wish they'd at least give Tony ONE season off. I want to have a chance to miss him (or see if I don't, lol.) As far as I'm concerned, I'd would have rather had have more Jonathan or Dmitry than Tony every single season.
    Dmitry I never really cared much for, although I'd rather have him than Mark. I am a fan of Tony's, and figure the only reason they keep him around is to saddle him with the early ousters and headcases that they don't want Mark, Derek, or Maks to have. However, I can't say I'd miss him entirely if he was out for a season (and I sort of feel like, if they did a major overhaul of pros, he'd be on the chopping block). I always loved Jonathan and still greatly miss him. I felt like he never really got a fair chance. I'd love to see him back more to dance with Anna at least. Glad they've kept her around (part of the reason I don't want to see Jack go so early).

I'm actually surprised they haven't rotated out the pros more than they have. Not that I think it'll be a make or break with the ratings if they completely revamped the entire panel, but I think having the pros become so much a part of the show that they are seen as the bigger star than their celeb at times hasn't done much good for any newbies. Unless they get lucky and get someone who has a big fanbase to start, like Tristan did with Nancy. I like Peta and Val as well, so I hope all 3 are around for many seasons to come.

+ Reply to Thread