+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree467Likes

Thread: 3/19 DWTS14 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/19 DWTS14 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Great show tonight. I was really happy to see that there were no ringers on the cast this season as in the last few. The scoring was a bit off, but nothing new there and the scores were all pretty close. Bruno still over the top with the sexual innuendo and I'm confident that it will only get worse as the season progresses. CA drooling away, but I can't really blame her since I needed a fan myself. Len still is more critical than the other two judges, but I kind of have to side with him because at least he didn't let himself be swayed by hotness and left more room in his marks for improvement.

The thing that really struck me watching this ... and I hope it continues next week ... was just the sheer joy and happiness that everyone seemed to express at being there. Not one person there seemed to be full of themselves as some of the "stars" have in the past. Of course, that could all change quickly, but I hope not as this seems to be the most likeable cast that I remember and I have watched since season three.

This is only the first night and it usually takes a couple of different dances for me to see who has real potential. For instance, I suspect that William will be really good in the sexy dances but, will he be able to do a really good jive? Same with some of the others who did lovely, elegant dances tonight, but can they pull off sexy or that pesky jive? From what I saw tonight, the men have more talent and based only on dancing ability, one of them should win. Of course, we know that is not how things work on this show and that injuries play a part. As well, the popularity of the pro and the stars own fan base can mess with who goes and who stays. Roshon, Donald, Jaleel and William should make it far, with perhaps Katherine in for the women or if they improve, either Maria or Melissa bring up the the rear, but I predict a male champ this season...at least until next week.
    Last edited by Midol; 03-20-2012 at 05:11 AM.
    karalott and Fanny Mare like this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Melissa has had way too much work done, IMO...yikes!
    Scary!!! very very scary. Between her and Jack- I hope they never have to pair up
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I would not have known that was JAck if they didn't tell me and I watched his soap for some time......but at least I recognized Melissa. I did not recognize Martina either until I saw her at rehersal with no makeup.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I just keep hoping that we don't have a popularity contest this year and its about the dancing...if they boil it down to the dancing..its gonna be a close race..we have several that have some real talent and it should be fun to watch
    Coco46 and Midol like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Thanks for the headup about Melissa Gilbert. She's my favorite. I've loved her since we were kids. I thought she looked very nervous last night. She seemed overly so. Maybe it was just the work she's done to her face. I didn't realize that until I read this thread. I wasn't impressed with her surgery, if that is what she's had done. I've never seen her so thin either.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

It was a very good premiere last night. Like many posters I almost didn't recognize Melissa Gilbert and had to Google her to check her age etc... 47. It looked like she had a nose job though and it was fuller at the base. I don't know but maybe with all her health issues and recent divorce she is just drained and looks it.
    Midol likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I really really enjoyed last night's show and agree with most people's comments about the dances and judging. I will add that the singing on almost every song was just so bad. In a few cases, it was very distracting. Ugh!

It would be nice to see them use more traditional songs like they do for some of the Argentine tango performances and some other dances. But I know they have to attract the audience and some of that music won't cut it. *Dreaming and hoping....*
    Midol likes this.

Does anyone know if Tristan and Kym are still dating?

Hi everyone. Good to see you all again this season.

Just downloaded the first show and wahttp://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=92 510tching right now.

Of course Derek has someone with a lot of potential. A very pretty girl.

I am laughing my ass off over Val's partner. She is hilarious. Now to watch her dance. Hope she can but it does not look good.
    Sherrie. Oh I love her dress!
    ........ What. Wow shocking cause I thought she did so well. She was glowing and sparkly. Hope she will get good critic.
    I want to see more from Val too if I am honest. Not as handsome as Maks but very cute too. Yay. 2 x an 8!

Ah there comes the main reason I am watching... Maks! Hmm finally a star I know. Melissa. Even known here in The Netherlands. Wow she has grown old. (Or I am old)

Not sure if that is a good match up. hmm. O no. She sucks. sorry not good although it got a bit better at the end. Why couldn't Maks get a partner like Derek has.

Well I hope she will be less nervous next week. Maks looks so good.
    karalott and Midol like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd like to see 2 people booted next week....I think that would be fair.

Feel sorry for Jaleel, not being able to shake the Urkel handle, but he seems to be dealing with it OK. Some people just refuse to let you move on. On the good side, I'm sure it brought him (and is still bringing) a lot of $$$.

My least favorites are Martina and Gavin.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread