+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree467Likes

Thread: 3/19 DWTS14 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 3/19 DWTS14 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Between commercial breaks I did get to see Jack, Donald and Sherri. Jack was great, it was all kinds of cheery. I do think he was over scored though, as his arms were not as fluid as they could have been. Donald was a little firecracker out on the dance floor, had so much enthusiasm and rythym but if there wasn't much cha-cha, then it should reflect in his score. Sherri did better than I thought, but that isn't surprising. She has been talking about being on this show for a long time. She has had opportunities to dance with some of the guys on The View, apparently took dancing lessons a long while ago. I'm sure she probably has videos that the pros have released and practiced at home.

I'll watch the show tomorrow on line. Looks like it will be a fun one based on the glowing reports from tonight! Looking forward to it!
    karalott likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Okay, that was not, IMO, Gilles 2.0. Gilles was a lot better...and hotter...on night one. He reminds me more of Christiane than Gilles.
    He was pretty good, but I'd have to say he reminds me most of Ricky Martin!
    navybelle, Midol and Fanny Mare like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

A girl needs to have a fan on to watch this season. There is enough eye candy to send a girl into sugar coma.
    ness, Moontat, Coco46 and 4 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    He was pretty good, but I'd have to say he reminds me most of Ricky Martin!
    He is kind of reminiscent of a more muscular Ricky Martin, but I thought of Christiane in terms of first night talent and the fact that he's actually been on DWTS.

I remember thinking, "Who is THAT?" the first time I saw Gilles dance. William was good, but he didn't have that effect on me.

First - I want to say a major thank you to ABC. This is the finest overall cast in the history of the show! No drama, just wonderful dancers with good attitudes.
    Second - Thank you to the judges for the lack of snarky remarks. All good positive feedback.
    Third - The pros have done a wonderful job with their stars. They prepared the contestants and let them shine. For the first time I can remember the pros didn't try to hog the spotlight or the microphone - even Mark.

I am really going to like this season!

Great season opener!! Katherine and Mark 26!! wonderful for a first dance. But pretty hard to maintain those numbers. Judges scoring seemed a bit wonky tonight.But well done Mark!! Katherine is tres elegante!
    Gavin and Karina, he seemed very gentle, perhaps shy , but nice to watch.I think he will improve
    Val and Sherri danced well together, she is light on her feet and her joy of dancing comes through. She had happy feet and a happy smile.Val is a better dancer than his bro imho
    Marie and Derek love me some Derek. I am going to enjoy seeing him work on her dancing, but that laugh , hmm poor Derek.
    William and Cheryl = hot!! I didnt think he moved as well as everyone else thought, but looking like he does who cares.
    Gladys and Tristan, she is just great, natural rhythm , the pips are jealous tonight!
    Jack and Anna, Anna is so cute, I love her. I thought he was a bit creepy looking, no close ups please. His dancing was just okay for me.
    Jaleel and Kym, another 26!! very very good, he is a natural
    Donald and Petra, wow! the room loved them tonight , these two are going to be great!!
    Martina and Tony. She looks so much better with hardly any makeup and her own hair, sometimes less is better, I know what they were trying to do,but it made her self conscious imho. I liked her, I didnt love her
    Melissa and Maks, I am not a fan of his, The shirt opened to the waist, the greasy hair parted to one side, and did he have two spray tans tonight?? She looked disheveled from her hair to her dress. They will improve, they have to.
    Roshon and Chelsea, I know when I love someone dancing, it makes me smile , and I applaud them .These two have it all going on! great pairing, and fun fun fun to watch.
    Next week cant come soon enough
    DancingDad likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

WOW...what a night of some great dancingIMO truthfully one of the best starts to the season than we have seen in a long long time...a lot of potential there with so many of the dancers....so I think this season will be a fun one to watch....I am just hoping people vote on talent instead of popularity...I split up my votes tonight since there were so many GREAT performances...I think it by far has been the best 1st episode of a season...looking forward to many more weeks...with so much talent it should be interesting and will probably come down to someone making a silly mistake and getting kicked off
    karalott and Fanny Mare like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    WOW...what a night of some great dancingIMO truthfully one of the best starts to the season than we have seen in a long long time...a lot of potential there with so many of the dancers....so I think this season will be a fun one to watch....I am just hoping people vote on talent instead of popularity...I split up my votes tonight since there were so many GREAT performances...I think it by far has been the best 1st episode of a season...looking forward to many more weeks...with so much talent it should be interesting and will probably come down to someone making a silly mistake and getting kicked off
    Tom was on Anderson Cooper's show he said the same thing .I think everyone is pleasantly surprised. Even Brooke seemed a little looser than usual
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Didn't get the chance to watch the show live, so I just finished it. Wow! Very impressed and pleasantly surprised by this bunch! Jaleel, Roshon, and Katherine stood out to me (too bad the latter is stuck with Mr. "Look-At-Meeeeeeee!" and all his glory ).

There aren't any out and out clunkers this season (so far, haha), although I agree with those of you who said so far Martina would probably be the first to go. She may turn it around next week though, I wouldn't count her out.

Going into this, I was rooting for Gavin Degraw first and Jaleel second, but I am Team Urkel all the way after tonight! Family Matters and Full House were my 2 fave shows growing up, and I still watch FM reruns late at night when I can't sleep. I ADORED Urkel, and tonight took me back in time. I'm just glad Jaleel can dance more than the polka!

On a shallow note-- Am I the only one who doesn't get the William hoopla? I don't see where he's that attractive.
    karalott likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79 View Post
    Didn't get the chance to watch the show live, so I just finished it. Wow! Very impressed and pleasantly surprised by this bunch! Jaleel, Roshon, and Katherine stood out to me (too bad the latter is stuck with Mr. "Look-At-Meeeeeeee!" and all his glory ).

There aren't any out and out clunkers this season (so far, haha), although I agree with those of you who said so far Martina would probably be the first to go. She may turn it around next week though, I wouldn't count her out.

Going into this, I was rooting for Gavin Degraw first and Jaleel second, but I am Team Urkel all the way after tonight! Family Matters and Full House were my 2 fave shows growing up, and I still watch FM reruns late at night when I can't sleep. I ADORED Urkel, and tonight took me back in time. I'm just glad Jaleel can dance more than the polka!

On a shallow note-- Am I the only one who doesn't get the William hoopla? I don't see where he's that attractive.
    Family Matters and Full House were two of my favorites growing up as well. I'm glad I was a kid when I was, because they don't make TV like they used to. I've been hoping for a long time, and will hope for future seasons, that we get more ABC alumni in the cast (would love to see more from FM, FH, Home Improvement, Step by Step, Boy Meets World, Sister Sister).

Martina and Gavin were the two weakest for me. To touch on DancingDad's post up above, it seems like everyone is genuinely excited and happy to be there. And everyone's trying their hardest. But the two that gave me a semi different impression were Gavin and Martina. Something about their demeanor tonight makes me think they were happy to give it a try, but won't be sorry to see it end. Didn't Martina hesistate when Tom asked her if she felt great? I thought I heard her say no, then quickly say 'yeah, great'. I might have heard his original question wrong. Gavin may have the goods to stick around, and we'll see if his jive is anything to go by. But I think he might be one of the weaker dancers, but that's not saying much, because there's no Kate Gosselin or Bristol Palin to be found this season. I thought Tony's choreography was underwhelming for Martina, but hopefully she can put something amazing together for her jive. Otherwise, I think she's gone (or we're in for a very big surprise).

My early favorites are Melissa, Jack, Jaleel, Sherri, Donald, Katherine, and Roshon. Maria was a bit of a letdown tonight but hopefully first week jitters were all that was. I don't really care to see Derek do well again, but it'd be funny for her to make it to Dance Center week, just to see how they'd mock her laugh. In all the years I've followed Maria, I have never heard her laugh like that.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-20-2012 at 04:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread